Finally getting one!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crewchief227

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
The wife is gonna kill me, but how many of us have said that before?‍♂️?. I have my first Castle esc coming in tomorrow, yep the MMX8S???.

Yeah I know the XLX2 just dropped, but I'm not a speed runner, or have an 8S Arrma, and after my 3rd Max6 went up in flames? ,"the stress was more than she could bear"-Doc Holliday.

I'm tired of HW crappy warranty, customer service, and overall lack of oomph. So Castle here I come?. Oh man I can't wait.

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed, but your wife might be... ?
Nah, I got something that doesn't disappoint, and she loves to play with just as much as I do my RCs.?

On a serious note however, what are some heads up things I need to know? Already have a Castle link for my BECs, and lots of connectors. I want to redo the leads I made for my 4260cm. Anyone else running a tp motor with the MMX8S? Any cogging issues, or do I need to make another cap pack? Gearing will stay the same with 20/50. Was going to go with my standard 17/46 gearing, but SAGA doesn't make a 17t 8mm pinion. I could run my 42t SAGA spool, but nah, I like the give of a center diff for hard nose or tail landings.

Do you have the programmer or get one at the same time?

They do come with a coupon for a free programmer but mine came hecka late. I ordered one from amain that got delivered in days.

I forgot about my coupon programmers that I was surprised they finally showed up :LOL:

Heads up, don’t forget to space your fan, or at least check the clearance between your fan and cover. Lots of us had to put washers under the cover in order to get them not to interfere with each other... otherwise you might kill your fan on the first run and then the ESC gets hot.

just something about those Mmx8s you gotta watch out for. ??

This! ?
I flipped my fan guard upside down and used m3x18mm cap heads. Which gives it a slight bit more clearance.
A5CE8470-9585-45F4-90DD-4B5EBAD0346A.jpeg

Do you have the programmer or get one at the same time?

They do come with a coupon for a free programmer but mine came hecka late. I ordered one from amain that got delivered in days.

I forgot about my coupon programmers that I was surprised they finally showed up :LOL:
I already have one for the 3 Castle BECs I own.
Heads up, don’t forget to space your fan, or at least check the clearance between your fan and cover. Lots of us had to put washers under the cover in order to get them not to interfere with each other... otherwise you might kill your fan on the first run and then the ESC gets hot.

just something about those Mmx8s you gotta watch out for. ??
I already was tracking you guys who were 1st run. I will report back if this second run (ordered thru aMain as well) has the screw length adjusted. I gotta go get the mounting template from Castle's site and gonna spend my morning redoing my motor bullets (gotta be fresh?), and cleaning my motor/drivetrain. I'm more excited than when I ordered my first Max6???

Last edited:
I got it, LOVE IT!!!???
20201003_183813.jpg

It is everything the hype has built up over this esc. Game Over HW, Castle is where it's at.?

@Robert I went ahead and put M3 washers under the screw heads as a precaution against marring a capacitor. Question though, I don't see how it could as the inward row of caps has one less than the outbound row, has their been a change to the second & third runs? I bought mine yesterday (amain), and had it overnighted. I had to pull the trigger when amain hit limited quantities.??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back