Typhon Finally got me an Arrma!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VonFuzz

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Typhon 6s
Hello,
Just picked up a Typhon at my local hobby store. I'm in a holding pattern until tomorrow evening when I get my hands on a 6s battery. Been eyeballing the Typhon for a while and I ended up selling another car and immediately dropped the cash on the typhon. The store employees were telling me they didn't have batteries because their order didn't show up and I said no worries I would rather buy it now so it's not gone tomorrow to shatter my vacation dreams of bashing! Taking a week at the end of this month to just go full send on this bad boy.

Other than wanting to share I finally pulled the trigger and while I'm in battery Limbo. I was wondering if there were particular things I needed to check on the v5?

Last edited:
Hello,
Just picked up a Typhon at my local hobby store. I'm in a holding pattern until tomorrow evening when I get my hands on a 6s battery. Been eyeballing the Typhon for a while and I ended up selling another car and immediately dropped the cash on the typhon. The store employees were telling me they didn't have batteries because their order didn't show up and I said no worries I would rather buy it now so it's not gone tomorrow to shatter my vacation dreams of bashing! Taking a week at the end of this month to just go full send on this bad boy.

Other than wanting to share I finally pulled the trigger and while I'm in battery Limbo. I was wondering if there were particular things I needed to check on the v5?
Awesome! Congrats I did the same thing my first arrma being a v5 typhon! It’s incredible!!! The raw power is driving bliss

Check your diffs for proper shimming and for fluids! It's not going to break right away mind you, but it's something to look into as soon as you have a chance and are comfortable taking things apart. Also look into getting a fan for the motor. I would recommend the NHX heat sink and fan combo as the fans are carbon fiber and the surrounds are made of metal (y)

Most people run close to this equation of diff fluid: 100k front/500k center/ 50k rear

I've been an rc crawler for years so I have "Volt up gear down" burned into my brain. Was planning on running the non speed gearing on 6s and then seeing if i wanted to gear up or down. The guys at my LHS use 4s but on the speed gear. It's pretty peppy still but lacks a bit of accerlation and its going to cause way more heat.

Thanks for the tips on the diff. I'll see how I like the stock setup but a lot of what I've seen is the buggy really livens up with that diff fluid change.

I've been an rc crawler for years so I have "Volt up gear down" burned into my brain. Was planning on running the non speed gearing on 6s and then seeing if i wanted to gear up or down. The guys at my LHS use 4s but on the speed gear. It's pretty peppy still but lacks a bit of accerlation and its going to cause way more heat.

Thanks for the tips on the diff. I'll see how I like the stock setup but a lot of what I've seen is the buggy really livens up with that diff fluid change.
I’ve just come back into the hobby after many years and learning a lot here.
You sound like a seasoned RC guy so you probably would do this anyway but I had the screw on my steering arm come out the other day right when I was getting started.
I thought I’d checked everything but I but I hadn’t checked those!
I also have the Typhon 6s and just got through running my 4 and 6s batteries through it this morning.
Bashed it pretty hard at the BMX track
Didn’t break anything!
Great car!
Came with the 16 tooth pinion and my thoughts so far are I would only go down if anything
Waiting on one last item and I’m trugaphying.
Not cuz I’m unhappy.
Just playing

Hello,

Other than wanting to share I finally pulled the trigger while I'm in battery Limbo I was wondering if there were particular things I needed to check on the v5?
Always check all the screws and bolts make sure they are tight. Also I'd check all diffs front, rear and center to make sure they are full as most of the time they are maybe half full. I'd suggest setting your throttle and steering endpoints and of course go have a blast!

Took out out for a quick blast today. Ran in some way to tall grass lol. Didn't get any work done on the truck before hand but not issues. I wasn't jumping or anything. Just ripping around to show it off to a friend whom I went to lunch with. When I got home I started to check out the diffs I only put one shim in the center the other two were solid. Gear mesh on the pinion and spur was a little loose shrank it down a bit with a little bit of play still in it about half as much as before. Connected it to my rugged before running and trimmed it out

EDIT: Went out for a second blast and smashed into a curb lol Killed my front bulkhead , broke the AR330379 suspension mount and bent the front suspension mount pin retainer thing AR330378. All in in all not a horrific death but it does take me down for a bit as my LHS doesn't have 2 of the parts. Luckily I had already ordered a tbone bumper lol so hopefully this will help after the rebuild.

Edit 2!: My local hobby shop called me to tell me a guy wanted to sell a big rock. I had been talking with one of them about trading another car for a big rock. so i got a big rock that's a couple months along with a 3s 5200mah 60c lipo for $200 and when i met them at the hobby shop they were mid install of a new savox servo so all in all today rocks :D

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back