Infraction Finally got my “own” infraction.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I start putting more effort into speed runs, I'll pick up a few. First.one the splitter is fine, just lost all the screws. So, I think seeing the price of the splitters deterred me the first time of replacing it. $15 or something for the plastic piece and screws, whoa buddy!

Tried to justify it by telling myself, it won't be the last time I hit something! Replacement can wait... ?
I ordered it as a spare - shelf queen. I did however order more of those screws. I’ll have to raise it slightly too. I think I read 5 turns is optimal

Congrats, turn the brake force up to 50% asap trust me, I got my infraction a few days ago lol.

Attachments

• 20191111_202019.jpg
    20191111_202019.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 42
Over here in the UK those splitter screws have been on back order since the truck came out..!!!?

So I've experimented with various different solutions, finally I think I've found the best one..??

M4 countersunk crews 10-14mm..? with a bit of effort they tap straight into the original holes..

The problem with the stock setup is that on rougher ground the screw head would catch the ground and rip the screws out ?
so after many lost screws ( well 5 actually?? ) I gave up and this is what I now run..

IMG_4514.jpeg

Over here in the UK those splitter screws have been on back order since the truck came out..!!!?

So I've experimented with various different solutions, finally I think I've found the best one..??

M4 countersunk crews 10-14mm..? with a bit of effort they tap straight into the original holes..

The problem with the stock setup is that on rougher ground the screw head would catch the ground and rip the screws out ?
so after many lost screws ( well 5 actually?? ) I gave up and this is what I now run..

View attachment 53540
I’m trying to figure out the thought process on its fragility. Was it poorly designed it was it designed to fall off on impact? poopy thing is the amount of screws your loose

I believe it was designed to break so as not to break other parts if that makes sense..?
It does. Like a crumple zone on a car. But that splitter is just sexy ?

Congrats!!!!...Arrma gods are ignoring my whining about back order!!
I dunno how they are going to meet Xmas demands. My lhs said that can’t keep certain arrmas in stock!!

View attachment 53540
I need to try this - I've lost a bunch of screws too.

LHS has an Infraction in stock .. one.

Congrats @Porschetech! It's a little out of my fiscal league at the moment, but I'm having a blast watching all the forum members who are getting them, and giving them a proper run for the money.

View attachment 53540
FYI: these are supposed to work also.
Traxxas 3931 Hex Drive Flat Head Machine Screws, 3x8mm
My lhs also has 5 infractions in stock. So they are becoming more available.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back