Kraton Finally got my EXB!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loppydog

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I finally got my Kraton EXB today and I am currently putting it together. I am using the Hobbywing Max6 combo running 6S.

I am trying to figure out if got the new updated diffs or if I should disassemble mine to look for issues. I actually would love to know if I have open/limited slip diffs and how it even affects handling. I tried to do some research but got a little confused. I read somewhere that if the tires rotate opposite each other its open. If they rotate the same its limited slip. Not sure if that is true, but both my front and rears rotate opposite. I am hoping someone might be able to clarify for me what I have, and what, if anything, I should do before making the first run. Thanks!

Lol. Here ya go!
72ED7027-57A8-49EC-B953-A9DECD78B1D3.jpeg
CE04CA99-57CE-4A2A-9CFC-E1AB168ACC80.jpeg

Hi guys. I finally got my Kraton EXB today and I am currently putting it together. I am using the Hobbywing Max6 combo running 6S.

I am trying to figure out if got the new updated diffs or if I should disassemble mine to look for issues. I actually would love to know if I have open/limited slip diffs and how it even affects handling. I tried to do some research but got a little confused. I read somewhere that if the tires rotate opposite each other its open. If they rotate the same its limited slip. Not sure if that is true, but both my front and rears rotate opposite. I am hoping someone might be able to clarify for me what I have, and what, if anything, I should do before making the first run. Thanks!
More than likely it's a second batch and has limited slip in all the diffs. The tire thing would be correct if it was a true limited slip. Don't over think it.

The rear has the LSDs in the minimum effect settings. Check your diff oil level and let it rip!

92595-6881f2a395ce8cf2892797682ef65164.png

Both tires only spin the same direction when the diff is locked when you're spinning one tire with your hand.

LSD locks up when one tire is spinning too much... Someone correct me if I'm wrong lol.

Thanks guys. Mine actually came with shims, but I would have to check to see if they are the ones you linked to. I will check the diff fluid level. But if I find them to be low, I suppose I would need to locate some. Sounds like most places are out of diff fluid. I may have to make a trip to the hobby shop tomorrow ;)

Thanks guys. Mine actually came with shims, but I would have to check to see if they are the ones you linked to. I will check the diff fluid level. But if I find them to be low, I suppose I would need to locate some. Sounds like most places are out of diff fluid. I may have to make a trip to the hobby shop tomorrow ;)
The shims that came with the EXB go on the outside of the diff by the ring gear in between the diff bearing and diff case.

I believe it comes with an exploded view pic of where they go

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back