Senton Finally got the Orange Beast out for its maiden voyage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twospot

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
So I got a short run in yesterday with the new Senton. I was a bit disappointed,after about 6 minutes it went into thermal shutdown. It did have some grass in it but I didn't see any blocking or clogging anything. After letting it sit off for a little I turned it back on and it was fine but i just ran it on the street after that. Steering seems pretty sensitive. It's friggin' fast though. Probably a bit much for someone who hasn't driven an RC car in almost 30 years LOL. I'll get used to it though.

So I got a short run in yesterday with the new Senton. I was a bit disappointed,after about 6 minutes it went into thermal shutdown. It did have some grass in it but I didn't see any blocking or clogging anything. After letting it sit off for a little I turned it back on and it was fine but i just ran it on the street after that. Steering seems pretty sensitive. It's friggin' fast though. Probably a bit much for someone who hasn't driven an RC car in almost 30 years LOL. I'll get used to it though.
Is it the 3S BLX version?

So since I did only a quick run, I took it back out today to run out the battery (Charger finally arrived today after I went out but the original charger I had was defective). Again after about 6 minutes the thing shutdown. Since I had run it for about 6 - 8 minutes the other day I wasn't sure if this was a thermal shutdown or if the it kicked off from low voltage. If I turned it off waited a minute or two and turned it back on it took off normal for about 15-20 seconds then shutdown again.

The battery is a Reaction 3s 5000mah 50C. I hooked it up to the new charger when I got back and used the chargers battery meter and the thre cells read as follows. Is this considered "depleted" and why it's shutting down?

3.44 3.40 3.52

Thank you for your help and tolerating the stupid questions.

So since I did only a quick run, I took it back out today to run out the battery (Charger finally arrived today after I went out but the original charger I had was defective). Again after about 6 minutes the thing shutdown. Since I had run it for about 6 - 8 minutes the other day I wasn't sure if this was a thermal shutdown or if the it kicked off from low voltage. If I turned it off waited a minute or two and turned it back on it took off normal for about 15-20 seconds then shutdown again.

The battery is a Reaction 3s 5000mah 50C. I hooked it up to the new charger when I got back and used the chargers battery meter and the thre cells read as follows. Is this considered "depleted" and why it's shutting down?

3.44 3.40 3.52

Thank you for your help and tolerating the stupid questions.
Hell yeah that's depleted.

Thank you. Lipos didn't exist 30 years ago when I used to do this. Is this ok to leave it where it is for storage or do I need to run a discharge cycle?
Holy crap, no don't leave them at that level. You need to bring the cells up to 3.8v each. Your charger should have a storage charge option. That's what it does. And when you fully charge them make sure you use the balance charge option.

Holy crap, no don't leave them at that level. You need to bring the cells up to 3.8v each. Your charger should have a storage charge option. That's what it does. And when you fully charge them make sure you use the balance charge option.
No worries man, I asked because I didn't know. Yes the charger has a storage option. Thanks for the help.

Watch some vids on YouTube to get you up to speed on lipos. They can be dangerous and you could have one crap out on you prematurely if not stored/charged correctly. It’s not too difficult once you do a little research. (y)

No worries man, I asked because I didn't know. Yes the charger has a storage option. Thanks for the help.
I understand and sorry if I reacted strongly. If you are running LiPo batteries it's important to know how to use them. There should be a sticky post regarding LiPo 101 in here somewhere.

I understand and sorry if I reacted strongly. If you are running LiPo batteries it's important to know how to use them. There should be a sticky post regarding LiPo 101 in here somewhere.
lipos are little sticks of napalm lol when they catch fire THEY BURN EVERYTHING AROUND Do NOT INHALE THE FUMES. like bickety bam says when using lipos keep your eye on them never leave them on the charger unattended.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back