Big Rock Finally grabbed a Big Rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loki993

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Ive been around RC talk and here asking some questions about different RCs and finally my local place got some Big Rocks in stock.

So I charged up the batteries, tried to tighten the slipper up as best I could, did all the calibration for the transmitter and off we went.

Its really easy to drive, I was running around with a friends brushed granite the other day and I could traction flip it at will. Not the big rock, it just digs and turns really nice, if I want to flip it I have to basically try to power slide it and then it will flip. We were on dry grass and maybe the narrower tires vs the granite probably had a bit to do with it too. Either way most people say the tires on it suck, but for now, for what we are doing with it they are sufficient. Eventually Ill probably grab some MX28s for it but I don't know that Im in a real hurry for it.

We ran it flat out a lot, we jumped it a bit, nothing too crazy yet, Im not really to full send it quite yet. We did drop it on its nose at least a few times and it took it. One time it hit so hard it knocked the battery out of the truck, so I guess I didn't strap it in good enough, but it was fine.

Its pretty fast, not crazy fast, but its enough, right now Im just running it on 2s to get the feel for it and I can drop it to 50 percent and the speed is prefect for my 5 year old.

I wasn't timing the runtime but it seemed pretty good, at least a half hour on a 6000 mah 2s battery and that was with inexperienced RCers that we hammering the throttle and running full speed a lot. The truck didn't get really hot either but I would think at 2s it probably wont be much of a concern.

One possibly odd thing, maybe this is just due to weight distribution with the battery but after a bit I noticed that the truck would turn much better one way than they other, and sorry I cant really remember which way, but I think right it would turn well and left it would it would just swing super wide like the wheels weren't turning as much that way.
I checked everything's out and nothings broken.

When I unboxed it I did notice a ton of toe out on the front wheels and one seems to be toed out a fair bit more than the other. Is there a way I can adjust this? I left it because I figured they did it from the factory to make it easier to drive straight, but I do think that one may be a a bit more toed than the other and that may not be ok.

Other than that everything seems great. I may grab a couple 3s batteries for it if I can score a deal today or tomorrow and probably a new servo for it.

With regards to your turning circle, check out the videos for setting your steering end points to check you're getting full throw.

With regards to your turning circle, check out the videos for setting your steering end points to check you're getting full throw.

I did that before I took it out, unless I did it wrong....also don't know if I said it was fine for a while, or I just wasn't noticing, but it seems like it got worse or became noticeable after a while

Probably ur servo. Gonna want to upgrade it asap. Mine went out 1st run startes like ur describing

Your servo died in the 1st run? That's disgusting, I know these get replaced under warranty but why bother putting in the same model of servo that will surely die again?

I got 30+ packs through both my Arrmas before the servos gave out which is possibly ok. Upgraded to quality Savox in both my trucks after sub par results with the often recommended DSSERVO 25kg. The speed and power of the Savox servo makes my Big Rock handle really well. I found the DSSERVO to be very slow.

Your servo died in the 1st run? That's disgusting, I know these get replaced under warranty but why bother putting in the same model of servo that will surely die again?

I got 30+ packs through both my Arrmas before the servos gave out which is possibly ok. Upgraded to quality Savox in both my trucks after sub par results with the often recommended DSSERVO 25kg. The speed and power of the Savox servo makes my Big Rock handle really well. I found the DSSERVO to be very slow.
Yea and actually had a granite b4 and had so many issues the LHS brought up trading it in. Got the big rock 1st run stock out. Had Savox from the granite after that stock trashed 3 runs in. But also was told by LHS that a servo saver wasnt that important. Ive deemed otherwise. Ive lived my 35kg amazon servo with kimbrough 124 saver

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back