Big Rock Finally...I can see at evening dusk! I have lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
It's getting darker here about an hour earlier in the SE USA and when I get home from work I have little light to work with. Even when I do have light...the BR makes large clouds in the loose dirt I cannot see the direction it is pointing so I must stop until the cloud clears worse at dusk with the dust clouds....not today!

Thx to a member here that posts the Thingiverse 3D buckets for the BR front bumper...requires cutting out the slot in the bumper. Thanks to another member here for printing for me since I do not have a 3D printer and the same member for creating me a custom roof rack holder for the roof lights for a new body I will install that later. Polo Creations for the led roof rack and the led's I used for the front bumper and rear. The Polo LEDs are the ones for the Losi DB Pro...they looked so good on my DB Pro I ordered a few for the BR from that set....the ambers looks so good camera does not show it well.

Always been a fan of amber lights as fogs or amber marker lights so did that over white. Bashing in all that dust the roof white and amber look so good even better when I make the lights strobe for flash. Since I have other BR bodies, I did not want lights in the body so I put them on the chassis or bumpers to work with all bodies. Led rood light is on the body but it's 4 screws easy to remove if ever need to...

Sorry she's dirty back in from an evening dusk bash to test the lights again...dark by the time I got home it was dark will clean it Mon :)

1631504488239.png
1631504506444.png
1631504516845.png
1631504530228.png
1631504541045.png
1631504557170.png

Looks great but how is visibility when only using the bumper lights have you tried this?

That looks really nice bro great job! Definitely nice to be able to see your rig later in the evening or dark especially when it's black lol.

Looks great but how is visibility when only using the bumper lights have you tried this?

Visibility for me for here means something different. You know these lights or LEDs are so damn bright no days I really cannot get a good pic since they glare up the camera. Lights for me are locators for my bashing needs....Love the spot I bash a mix of loose dirt and old dead patchy weed-grass and dead leaves in a wide channel of big old trees that spaced out well but has nice shade...BUT makes it very dark at dusk.

When I get to bashing and I get heavy all I can see are the amber from the bumper and white on the roof....then the rear is all red... All I need to keep bashing. This way since I cannot see the black body the lights cut throw the dust and I can keep bashing I can see what direction it is pointing and the direction it is going... in the past with no lights I almost ran it in the street into oncoming traffic I could not see the black body at all in the dust have not idea where it is at.

Long answer to your question sorry....location pointers how the visibility works for me. I do not road bash but the roof light is strong enough to shine on the ground to provide road light if white wherein the bumper would be a killer win....not what I do...so all offroad.
That looks really nice bro great job! Definitely nice to be able to see your rig later in the evening or dark especially when it's black lol.
Thx Brother....totally agree!

I recognise those front light buckets because I designed them :)

I am proper glad you like them @parcou. I've made them for mine and my brothers BRCCs and I've made a set for my cousins Granite that take 2x3mm LEDs which I've not posted on here yet. For racing in dusk, they are amazing, as under the trees at a distance, you can at least see which way you are facing.

As far as how they work, when I first put mine in, walking back to the car with 2 other cars, that did not have any lights at all, mine was way easier to drive, but it is not a bight light at all. On my crawler I have a full LED bar light the one on the roof here, and that is like switching the sun back on.
IMG-20210811-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20210811-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20210811-WA0005.jpg

I recognise those front light buckets because I designed them :)

I am proper glad you like them @parcou. I've made them for mine and my brothers BRCCs and I've made a set for my cousins Granite that take 2x3mm LEDs which I've not posted on here yet. For racing in dusk, they are amazing, as under the trees at a distance, you can at least see which way you are facing.

As far as how they work, when I first put mine in, walking back to the car with 2 other cars, that did not have any lights at all, mine was way easier to drive, but it is not a bight light at all. On my crawler I have a full LED bar light the one on the roof here, and that is like switching the sun back on.
View attachment 168887View attachment 168885View attachment 168886

Yes Sir....we thank you!!!

Excellent design...I took my time to get the bumper so it would be a nice tight fit....took a while to cut away vs going crazy and cutting. I still put some hot glue on the back still.... the fit and look as good as stock.

Dusk and around old tall trees I needed that like you to know the direction I am pointing so now I can keep hammering the throttle... Those rigs look good and digging the green light.

Thx for the print....being well used and functional!!

It's getting darker here about an hour earlier in the SE USA and when I get home from work I have little light to work with. Even when I do have light...the BR makes large clouds in the loose dirt I cannot see the direction it is pointing so I must stop until the cloud clears worse at dusk with the dust clouds....not today!

Thx to a member here that posts the Thingiverse 3D buckets for the BR front bumper...requires cutting out the slot in the bumper. Thanks to another member here for printing for me since I do not have a 3D printer and the same member for creating me a custom roof rack holder for the roof lights for a new body I will install that later. Polo Creations for the led roof rack and the led's I used for the front bumper and rear. The Polo LEDs are the ones for the Losi DB Pro...they looked so good on my DB Pro I ordered a few for the BR from that set....the ambers looks so good camera does not show it well.

Always been a fan of amber lights as fogs or amber marker lights so did that over white. Bashing in all that dust the roof white and amber look so good even better when I make the lights strobe for flash. Since I have other BR bodies, I did not want lights in the body so I put them on the chassis or bumpers to work with all bodies. Led rood light is on the body but it's 4 screws easy to remove if ever need to...

Sorry she's dirty back in from an evening dusk bash to test the lights again...dark by the time I got home it was dark will clean it Mon :)

View attachment 168846View attachment 168847View attachment 168848View attachment 168849View attachment 168850View attachment 168851
Looks awesome! Wait, so that's dirty?? That's what mine look like at their cleanest.🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back