Outcast Finally I'm a proud Outcast owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it all fixed and made some minor improvements, had to redo the tower to tower brace, added some fan covers, also added some o-rings to the inner steering linkage (which I read here will help) so it doesn't pop off so easily, I guess this is what they meant ?
IMG_3047r.JPG

IMG_3055r.JPG

Also had to fix the body and add tons of stickers to ease my consience for ruining the new body......

IMG_9579arr.jpg

Got it all fixed and made some minor improvements, had to redo the tower to tower brace, added some fan covers, also added some o-rings to the inner steering linkage (which I read here will help) so it doesn't pop off so easily, I guess this is what they meant ?
View attachment 20662
View attachment 20663

Also had to fix the body and add tons of stickers to ease my consience for ruining the new body......

View attachment 20665
Looks great brother! What heat sink/motor fan is that?

Last edited:
Looks great brother! What heat sink/motor fan is that?

Thanks. It's the Yeah Racing YA0261, real nice and simple to install. Comes with two fans but as you can see I'm only using one, works for me.

Me too proud owner new outcast .owned alot traxxas slash instead fixing them up bought outcast all good reviews and unhappy learn why couldnt buy traxxas car from tower. Wtf i hope parts wont be a issue after its all st done with lawsuits at end day big companies going try squash big companies guys should i stock up on parts till dust settles

Was reading there could be a problem getting factory parts from hobbico filing bankruptcy , ik most parts can replace with after market but what about diffs things like that i read theres part shortage bc ppl with knowledge of this are buying up all parts

Me too proud owner new outcast .owned alot traxxas slash instead fixing them up bought outcast all good reviews and unhappy learn why couldnt buy traxxas car from tower. Wtf i hope parts wont be a issue after its all st done with lawsuits at end day big companies going try squash big companies guys should i stock up on parts till dust settles

Was reading there could be a problem getting factory parts from hobbico filing bankruptcy , ik most parts can replace with after market but what about diffs things like that i read theres part shortage bc ppl with knowledge of this are buying up all parts

Congrats. Don't worry about the parts, not that big of a problem anymore and it should get even better early fall.
I guess you're in the U.S you could also check out https://www.horizonhobby.com/ and https://www.amainhobbies.com there's also a lot of parts available on ebay through various rc vendors in the U.S.

You can buy some parts from jennyrc instead of buying stuff individually it works out cheaper.

Since the arrma trucks started showing back up in stores here in the US, I'm guessing the worry of parts not coming should be all but gone at this point.

I hope so, just put in an order for my first Arrma at a LHS 40 minutes away this morning. Will hopefully get a response before work ends today so I can go pick it up.

Since the arrma trucks started showing back up in stores here in the US, I'm guessing the worry of parts not coming should be all but gone at this point.

I hope so, just put in an order for my first Arrma at a LHS 40 minutes away this morning. Will hopefully get a response before work ends today so I can go pick it up.
What did you order?

What did you order?
Outcast.
Got diff shims and TBR wheelie bar coming from ebay and included RPM front/rear arms, new receiver, RPM front bumper/skid on the order at the store too. Still waiting on a confirmation from the store that it's pulled and ready to go.

Will be running 4S in it, not sure what gearing to go with or what gearing it comes with. Will also be putting my 3.8" trenchers on it off my brushless revo. They are too hard on that truck. Likes ripping rod ends off.

Outcast.
Got diff shims and TBR wheelie bar coming from ebay and included RPM front/rear arms, new receiver, RPM front bumper/skid on the order at the store too. Still waiting on a confirmation from the store that it's pulled and ready to go.

Will be running 4S in it, not sure what gearing to go with or what gearing it comes with. Will also be putting my 3.8" trenchers on it off my brushless revo. They are too hard on that truck. Likes ripping rod ends off.
Just an FYI the new diffs don’t really need to be shims. You can add one extra behind one of the spider gears so it would be 1-1-1-2 not 1-2-1-2 like before.

Well it's been about 2 months, have had a real fun time with the Outcast, bashing hard takes it's toll though. Rebuilt it 2 times already, added and done some upgrades and changes, some necessary, some not.

IMG_1618_resize.JPG
IMG_1617_resize.JPG

IMG_1778_resize.JPG
IMG_1779_resize.JPG
IMG_1791_resize.JPG
IMG_1781_resize.JPG
IMG_1782_resize.JPG
IMG_1783_resize.JPG
IMG_1784_resize.JPG
IMG_1785_resize.JPG

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back