Outcast Finally I'm a proud Outcast owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMS RC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Talion
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Typhon 3s
It has finally arrived, my Outcast V3, thing of beauty :)
and the upgrades begins...........

IMG_2721_resize.JPG

Looking good @servalac, what upgrades do you have planned for it?

This upgrade game really gets to you, looking back on my Talion upgrades (which are not done yet and probably never will be)
trial and error what works or not but also all the great input from this forum.
  • RPM Bumper Front
  • T-Bone Basher Bumper Rear or T-Bone Bumper/Wheelie Bar
  • Remove the wing
  • Another body, the original one is going to be my shelf queen :)
  • GKA Chassi Braces
  • Voltage Hobbies shock towers
  • Yeah Racing Motor Cooling Fan
  • RPM arms and mudguards
  • Tekno RC pinion
  • Top brace

Finally had some time to do some upgrades, summer is short here so I'm just making the (what I think) necessary upgrades. I also have not received some of the stuff I've ordered, the Swedish Post catches every little package and adds their high stupid import charge on top of the tiny amount of tax, I don't mind really but it adds like 2 weeks in delivery time, sucks..... anyway this is what I have done so far

Body, Proline C10
21.JPG

Gonna run a tower to tower brace for now, stainless steel pipe fitted with an M5 in the front and
and a piece of hollow rubber and a pin straight thru in the back with a zip-tie to prevent it from going sideways,
and another zip-tie to hold it down.

23.JPG

24.JPG

A support for the body

25.JPG

and some homemade rear mudgards along with a yeah racing heatsink/fan, just gonna run one fan for now.

27.JPG

I wondered about that tower in the middle. Seemed to short to really do anything useful for a truck body. That's the only reason I run a cage on my brushless revo. Couldn't figure out a way to give the center of the body some support. After a handful of roof landings, the body ends up cracked and split all over the place. I was hoping that tower in the middle of the outcast would be tall enough to support the body, but I guess not. What is that you used?

I wondered about that tower in the middle. Seemed to short to really do anything useful for a truck body. That's the only reason I run a cage on my brushless revo. Couldn't figure out a way to give the center of the body some support. After a handful of roof landings, the body ends up cracked and split all over the place. I was hoping that tower in the middle of the outcast would be tall enough to support the body, but I guess not. What is that you used?

The e-revo v2 body with it's mounting and protection system is nice, fitted one on my e-revo v1. Yes, roof landings are tough, I wanted something to support the roof especially since the C10 can't really be fitted with the rack behind the cab. I used a 50mm water coupling along with some caps, attached it with velcro to the existing support and padded it on top with some firm foam. Left a couple of millimeters of space in between the foam and the inside of the roof. Should help a bit.

28.JPG

Just about done now....the body turned out real nice, had to take it outside to see that nice gunmetal.

41.JPG

42.JPG

Added some clear protection plastic together with RPM front bumper/skid and T-Bone Basher rear bumper/skid

40.JPG

Will probably fit the original bumper behind the RPM, even if it's kinda fugly it's extra protection.

Buddy of mine has ground nearly through his rear alloy skid protector. I think he's going to try what I do on my revo's and make something out of steel. Concrete skate parks are hard on rear skids.

At the park today

67.jpg

61.jpg

and some damage...........
68.jpg

69.jpg

Nice man! I have a V2 Kraton and was looking at the Outcast. Considering pulling the trigger... Bash on!

Omg man it’s the best one imo. I got in order Outcast, Senton, Kraton. The outcast is just so much fun. The only thing it cant do as well as the kraton is hard charging. It wheelies so so easy. It makes it frustrating to put the power down. But I still find it the most pure fun of all the trucks I have. It flips effortlessly. The Senton is so different. It can wheelie but there is something magic about that one. It’s like it feels faster. Also because it’s so much lighter it takes abuse like a champ. If I wanna hit a jump at full speed, Senton is the one for the job.

What’d you just pull the pillow ball out? Or did you break a tie rod too?

Congrats on the outcast. Love mine ‘18. Tough rig for sure. This thing takes huge hits and keeps going!

Omg man it’s the best one imo. I got in order Outcast, Senton, Kraton. The outcast is just so much fun. The only thing it cant do as well as the kraton is hard charging. It wheelies so so easy. It makes it frustrating to put the power down. But I still find it the most pure fun of all the trucks I have. It flips effortlessly. The Senton is so different. It can wheelie but there is something magic about that one. It’s like it feels faster. Also because it’s so much lighter it takes abuse like a champ. If I wanna hit a jump at full speed, Senton is the one for the job.

What’d you just pull the pillow ball out? Or did you break a tie rod too?

Haven't tried the Senton yet, sounds fun. Kinda overdid it a little bit yesterday with the Outcast, but wanted to make a backflip (which is much harder imo with the Talion) and got into multiple flips , the thing is a real beast on 6S. Yes, pulled the pillowball, snapped steering tierod, bent driveaxle, snapped upper shock screw, bent rear shocktower.

Haven't tried the Senton yet, sounds fun. Kinda overdid it a little bit yesterday with the Outcast, but wanted to make a backflip (which is much harder imo with the Talion) and got into multiple flips , the thing is a real beast on 6S. Yes, pulled the pillowball, snapped steering tierod, bent driveaxle, snapped upper shock screw, bent rear shocktower.
Seems like you're doing it right! LOL

Get some Felt Blankets self adhesive from Walmart hardware area. Stick them to the underside of the damage. Won't ever happen again.

Thanks. I do have a variety of those, i put some in the back, but didn't think it was needed in the front on this body cause of the distance
to the shock cap protector, now i know better :)

Do you mean for the body damage from the shocks hitting the body?

Pretty sure that’s what he is talking about. I have seen him do it in some of his videos.

Yes, it's nice to put these felt or foam pads (commonly used for furniture) to protect the body from underneath damage, those shock cap protectors leaves nasty marks/dents. Got some on the front of my Talion body as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back