Infraction Finally made it!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flames77

Chasing down triple digits
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 3s
So I found a really nice location not too far from me to do some speed runs. I have tried several times to hit the 100 mark but just didn’t have a long enough stretch. Well now it’s on. I did a couple passes today but then the wind picked up and I didn’t want to take no chances. BUT I’m happy to report I FINALLY hit the 100 mark!!

Specs:
MMX8S Esc
1717-1650 Castle motor
2- Zeee 4s 6000mah 100c lipos
Ripple killer
1- 3s venom lipo for my fans
3- 40mm server fans
Limitless 34t spool and 28t pinion

She has more in her with this setup too, so I’m not gonna make any changes as of right now. But I’ll will be going back out in the future and do some more runs.

Man what an adrenaline rush!!
be safe guys!!

F15F382D-F71F-4558-A7D3-6A55BF10E45F.jpeg

5BAD66AA-92A2-4B2F-8DE1-566D628B9F9B.jpeg

28E5FCAF-9891-48EE-BD4F-27A6786822AC.jpeg

9A812169-FFD0-4EB9-B47E-42B3F41DA7CC.jpeg

Last edited:
CONGRATS!!! Hitting the century mark is a big one...now wipe that grin off your face!

shuffling homer simpson GIF
@Doom! Thank you!! I couldn’t let you get ALL the congratulations for something! 🤣😂 I tried to take some photos for you, but I was going too fast! 😜🏎💨

So I found a really nice location not too far from me to do some speed runs. I have tried several times to hit the 100 mark but just didn’t have a long enough stretch. Well now it’s on. I did a couple passes today but then the wind picked up and I didn’t want to take no chances. BUT I’m happy to report I FINALLY hit the 100 mark!!

Specs:
MMX8S Esc
1717-1650 Castle motor
2- Zeee 4s 6000mah lipos
Ripple killer
3- 40mm server fans

She has more in her with this setup too, so I’m not gonna make any changes as of right now. But I’ll will be going back out in the future and do some more runs.

be safe guys!!

View attachment 162663

View attachment 162667

View attachment 162668

View attachment 162669
Nice ride. The only thing I was wondering is why you have your GPS device doubling for a front license plate? If the takes even a mild hit, you may lose it. There is no more of a complicated, and fragile device than that GPS. There must be a better location. I have the Forerunner and the mount. I attached the mount under the body, and the unit pops in and pops out. I realize this does not make it 100% safe, and there may be more vibration in the body but it's not a cheap device.

Just my pair of Lincolns. Congratulations on making it to the "Three Digit Club". I will be joining you soon with my Limitless (6S, 1110kV).
Drive Straight, Dave

Nice ride. The only thing I was wondering is why you have your GPS device doubling for a front license plate? If the takes even a mild hit, you may lose it. There is no more of a complicated, and fragile device than that GPS. There must be a better location. I have the Forerunner and the mount. I attached the mount under the body, and the unit pops in and pops out. I realize this does not make it 100% safe, and there may be more vibration in the body but it's not a cheap device.

Just my pair of Lincolns. Congratulations on making it to the "Three Digit Club". I will be joining you soon with my Limitless (6S, 1110kV).
Drive Straight, Dave
You know, I never really thought of that. I greatly appreciate your input. Now I shall look for a new location.

This is the exact reason I post things. Someone like yourself, might come along and point out certain things, that we may not really think about or consider.

Thanks Dave!! Happy Speeding

I had mine hanging there for a while too. I just wanted it far away from the rx to get max range. With the front splitter and body around it, it has survived numerous 120+ mph crashes. However, I run a zip tie around it and the front body posts to keep it in the mount. They will fall out of the mount otherwise.

Congrats on the 100mph run. It is quite a rush and seems to never be enough.
I hear the GRP tires grip significantly better than Hoons (I never ran hoons). My recommendation is always S1 through S3 compounds and a tire balancer.

At some point you will want to look at upgrading the batteries. The Zee LiPos don't output the best voltage under heavy loads. When the batteries start to become more of a limiting factor for you....

My Top 4 picks would be:
CNHL G+ 70c
YoWoo 100c
Turnigy Panther
SMC SRD 150c

I had mine hanging there for a while too. I just wanted it far away from the rx to get max range. With the front splitter and body around it, it has survived numerous 120+ mph crashes. However, I run a zip tie around it and the front body posts to keep it in the mount. They will fall out of the mount otherwise.
@jondilly1974 Yeah I should consider a zip tie myself! So with this current gearing, what top mph should I top out with??
Congrats on the 100mph run. It is quite a rush and seems to never be enough.
I hear the GRP tires grip significantly better than Hoons (I never ran hoons). My recommendation is always S1 through S3 compounds and a tire balancer.

At some point you will want to look at upgrading the batteries. The Zee LiPos don't output the best voltage under heavy loads. When the batteries start to become more of a limiting factor for you....

My Top 4 picks would be:
CNHL G+ 70c
YoWoo 100c
Turnigy Panther
SMC SRD 150c
@LibertyMKiii man thanks a lot!! I was pretty excited myself. You’re right, that rush is incredible.

I appreciate your tire and battery input. I will definitely look into that. I just got the Zeee batteries the other day to run in my Outcast and Kraton 8s. so I figured I would give them a try. I seen @jondilly1974 seems to like the yowoo lipos, so I may pick some of those up at some point. Again thank you for the info!

Last edited:
Set your gearing to 1:1. Then repost.
@jondilly1974 Oh man I already deleted everything so it will be a clean slate for next time. But with this reading, my gearing was set to 34/28. What’s the advantage of the 1:1vv

@jondilly1974 Oh man I already deleted everything so it will be a clean slate for next time. But with this reading, my gearing was set to 34/28. What’s the advantage of the 1:1vv
The chart and numbers will be wrong unless you leave it 1:1 gearing. The gearing options are for airplanes or something other than cars. Maybe @LibertyMKiii can elaborate, but I’ve been told make sure the gearing is 1:1, but poles and KV match.

The chart and numbers will be wrong unless you leave it 1:1 gearing. The gearing options are for airplanes or something other than cars. Maybe @LibertyMKiii can elaborate, but I’ve been told make sure the gearing is 1:1, but poles and KV match.
Oh ok. Well I’ll change that. Man I can’t tell you all how much I appreciate you guys. 👍🏼🤙🏼

Logs were originally made for the helicopter use case. The gearing would tell them the rotor rpms. So for our cars if you input gearing it tells us the center shaft RPMs. Leave it at 1:1 and it will give you mostly accurate motor RPMs ;)

Lately a few of us have see it can be off by a little bit or loose sync with the motor all together.

Lots of good info here how to better view logs and what settings to use:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/speed-runners-reading-castle-data-logs-and-esc-settings.37182/

Last edited:
Logs were originally made for the helicopter use case. The gearing would tell them the rotor rpms. So for our cars if you input gearing it tells us the center shaft RPMs. Leave it at 1:1 and it will give you mostly accurate motor RPMs ;)

Lately a few of us have see it can be off by a little bit or loose sync with the motor all together.

Lots of good info here how to better view logs and what settings to use:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/speed-runners-reading-castle-data-logs-and-esc-settings.37182/
@LibertyMKiii thanks a lot man!! I’ll be checking that out. I ordered a set of S4 compound GRP’s too. Can’t wait to try them out. 👍🏼👍🏼

Nice!! It’s the best feeling when you finally hit triple digits! I was hanging in the mids 90s for a bit before I finally got my Mojave to 100mph.

I’m gonna start an Infraction speedrun build soon, too.

Next goal is 110mph?!

Nice!! It’s the best feeling when you finally hit triple digits! I was hanging in the mids 90s for a bit before I finally got my Mojave to 100mph.

I’m gonna start an Infraction speedrun build soon, too.

Next goal is 110mph?!
Yeah man I was excited!! Like you, I was stuck in the 90’s. But with my recent nice spot found I’m really gonna have fun with this.
So yes 110, here we come!! 👍🏼
No prob.
Just be sure to balance them. GRPs are very bad some times...
I was just about to print me off a balancer stand. 👍🏼

Specs:
MMX8S Esc
1717-1650 Castle motor
2- Zeee 4s 6000mah lipos
Ripple killer
3- 40mm server fans

be safe guys!!

View attachment 162663

View attachment 162667

View attachment 162668

View attachment 162669
Awesome 😊👍 one day I will give the felony a good speed run lol. Just need to find somewhere big enough to do it 🤣
I go to the biggest carpark around here and can only hit full throttle for a second or two before having to hit the brakes 😂 but will be good to get a gps and see just how fast it's actually going.
Was 6s stock but now 8s capable, but still waiting on batteries 🙄 another order not turned up.
Congrats on hitting the ton mate, bet that was a rush😁

Awesome 😊👍 one day I will give the felony a good speed run lol. Just need to find somewhere big enough to do it 🤣
I go to the biggest carpark around here and can only hit full throttle for a second or two before having to hit the brakes 😂 but will be good to get a gps and see just how fast it's actually going.
Was 6s stock but now 8s capable, but still waiting on batteries 🙄 another order not turned up.
Congrats on hitting the ton mate, bet that was a rush😁
Thank you!! Ooooh it’s such a rush and so much fun!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back