Infraction Finally made it!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bam! If this one isn’t zoomed right just politely ask me to leave the forum. But let me warn you @Doom! will miss my crappy photography! Just saying 🤣🤣😂😂View attachment 165548
Your throttle input (black line) looks a little funky. Did you have a really long run up? Maybe it needs calibrated again? Or did you never come to a stop at the start? Also you never got wide open for very long. There should be a nice long flat spot at 100% at the end of the run to get the RPMs all the way up. You for sure left some speed out there and I wouldn’t change a thing on your setup until you are able to eek that last 5-10mph out of this setup first. Your throttle pull looks pretty smooth otherwise, so that part I wouldn’t change. That’s usually the hardest part. Being patient and smooth on the way to 100%.

Bam! If this one isn’t zoomed right just politely ask me to leave the forum. But let me warn you @Doom! will miss my crappy photography! Just saying 🤣🤣😂😂View attachment 165548

The reason Jon is asking you to zoom in further is that we don't really care about the logging after the run. (everything after my squiggly red line)
I think all of the data looks really good, but I cant clearly see in seconds how long you were able to be at full throttle.
It appears that you still have some speed left in this setup by holding full throttle longer or ramping up your throttle time in the noble.

The only other thing that is glaring at me is your voltage. Those Zee LiPos are holding you back quite a bit. You are still below 300a and yet they are sagging 8.3v. Some higher quality LiPos would improve your speed a good bit.

@jondilly1974 and @LibertyMKiii you guys are the Creme de la creme!! Both of you guys are so very helpful and informative. I GREATLY appreciate the both of you through my journey in the speed run world.
As far as not blowing the data up in greater detail, that was my bad. I should’ve known that from the get go. Everything you guys have shared with me has really helped. I’m trying to do this on my own without the aid off the channel speed feature on the Noble. Even after my recent 124mph pull I felt like she had move in her.
I do plan on upgrading my batteries in the future. But I just bought the Zeee not to long ago and we all know these things aren’t cheap. So in the meantime I’d like to get my technique in order along with some good quality data and go from there.
Again, THANK YOU BOTH for all of you help.
Weather permitting, I’m gonna take the info you just shared to heart and give her another run.
HAVE A GREAT DAY GUYS!!

@jondilly1974 and @LibertyMKiii you guys are the Creme de la creme!! Both of you guys are so very helpful and informative. I GREATLY appreciate the both of you through my journey in the speed run world.
As far as not blowing the data up in greater detail, that was my bad. I should’ve known that from the get go. Everything you guys have shared with me has really helped. I’m trying to do this on my own without the aid off the channel speed feature on the Noble. Even after my recent 124mph pull I felt like she had move in her.
I do plan on upgrading my batteries in the future. But I just bought the Zeee not to long ago and we all know these things aren’t cheap. So in the meantime I’d like to get my technique in order along with some good quality data and go from there.
Again, THANK YOU BOTH for all of you help.
Weather permitting, I’m gonna take the info you just shared to heart and give her another run.
HAVE A GREAT DAY GUYS!!
Getting full throttle for 4+ seconds will make for some big gains in top speed. (I wish the Noble notified you (audio) when it reached full throttle)
Anxious to see what speeds you get out of it.

Getting full throttle for 4+ seconds will make for some big gains in top speed. (I wish the Noble notified you (audio) when it reached full throttle)
Anxious to see what speeds you get out of it.
I’m pretty anxious too! I’m starting to think I need to look for a runway!! 🤣😂🤣😂 By the way, I’m really digging these GRP slicks. So thanks for that info. 👍🏼👍🏼

I’m pretty anxious too! I’m starting to think I need to look for a runway!! 🤣😂🤣😂 By the way, I’m really digging these GRP slicks. So thanks for that info. 👍🏼👍🏼
Only problem now is that you are getting to the speeds where the GRPs might blow and will need to switch to BSR foams soon.
Welcome to a very expensive hobby!

Only problem now is that you are getting to the speeds where the GRPs might blow and will need to switch to BSR foams soon.
Welcome to a very expensive hobby!
With that in mind. At what point do I switch to foams?? And didn’t you say something about BSR purple?
Man you aren’t kidding about being expensive! It’s addictive too. I have a 3S Typhon, Kraton 6s, Kraton 8s, Outcast 8s, Talion, Felony and 2 infractions a drone and I just picked up a Redcat Sixty four! I love the hobby. It’s great stress relief!

With that in mind. At what point do I switch to foams?? And didn’t you say something about BSR purple?
Man you aren’t kidding about being expensive! It’s addictive too. I have a 3S Typhon, Kraton 6s, Kraton 8s, Outcast 8s, Talion, Felony and 2 infractions a drone and I just picked up a Redcat Sixty four! I love the hobby. It’s great stress relief!

I think everyone has a different number for what they are comfortable with. GRP blow outs most of the time will result is a pretty nasty crash.
Foam blow outs generally you can retain control of the car.

We often see GRPs start to blow up around 130-140+ the more passes on the tires the more likely they will let go also.

James McCoy went through $900 worth of GRP tires one season and told me that at 150+ the failure rate was in the 80+% range. I'm shocked he kept trying with a failure rate up that high!

If you go with Foams people usually go with XX Pink compound or Purple BSR foams. (other brands don't seem to hold up)
I am excluding gone bananas as they are expensive, but are an option.

If you like the 110-130 range then GRPs are great for the extra grip. If you goal is 130+ up to 150+ then might as well start learning how to drive on foams (it is very different and challenging)

The Noble's auto throttle helps a ton and you can utilize the drag brake in the Castle ESC for braking. (you should use it anyway as a safety feature for lost radio signal scenarios)

I think everyone has a different number for what they are comfortable with. GRP blow outs most of the time will result is a pretty nasty crash.
Foam blow outs generally you can retain control of the car.

We often see GRPs start to blow up around 130-140+ the more passes on the tires the more likely they will let go also.

James McCoy went through $900 worth of GRP tires one season and told me that at 150+ the failure rate was in the 80+% range. I'm shocked he kept trying with a failure rate up that high!

If you go with Foams people usually go with XX Pink compound or Purple BSR foams. (other brands don't seem to hold up)
I am excluding gone bananas as they are expensive, but are an option.

If you like the 110-130 range then GRPs are great for the extra grip. If you goal is 130+ up to 150+ then might as well start learning how to drive on foams (it is very different and challenging)

The Noble's auto throttle helps a ton and you can utilize the drag brake in the Castle ESC for braking. (you should use it anyway as a safety feature for lost radio signal scenarios)
In a foam tire aspect if I had to guess, are they a lil bit slippery so to speak? I would like to try some at one point.

My original goal is 130mph. Nothing crazy, but yet gets people’s attention. Now as far as faster I’m not real sure. But now that I have the bug it may not stop there!

I read over your post about speed runs and really enjoyed the information. I know you mentioned setting the drag brake and I can see where your coming from on that. But wouldn’t that create even more heat in the motor after running 100 plus and it having the constant resistance to slow down? I tend to brake then let off and then brake some more. The Noble also has the ABS function which is really cool. I use that sometimes for my bashers but haven’t with my speed runner yet. I’m no expert by no means. Just throwing my thoughts out there.

In a foam tire aspect if I had to guess, are they a lil bit slippery so to speak? I would like to try some at one point.

My original goal is 130mph. Nothing crazy, but yet gets people’s attention. Now as far as faster I’m not real sure. But now that I have the bug it may not stop there!

I read over your post about speed runs and really enjoyed the information. I know you mentioned setting the drag brake and I can see where your coming from on that. But wouldn’t that create even more heat in the motor after running 100 plus and it having the constant resistance to slow down? I tend to brake then let off and then brake some more. The Noble also has the ABS function which is really cool. I use that sometimes for my bashers but haven’t with my speed runner yet. I’m no expert by no means. Just throwing my thoughts out there.
In my experience the foams have just as much grip and maybe even more than rubber based tires I’ve tried. The foam used is a synthetic rubber too. Best thing is they are solid foam all the way thru. They do wear faster, obviously, but that is the main downside I’ve seen. I have tried quite a few brands now and I really like these Gone Bananas so far the most. The BSRs I’ve had a few issues with on the first set. Had one wheel strip really easily and one had a split in the foam rings. I couldn’t get any response from BSR/Jaco or HobbyHeroes concerning these issues.

In my experience the foams have just as much grip and maybe even more than rubber based tires I’ve tried. The foam used is a synthetic rubber too. Best thing is they are solid foam all the way thru. They do wear faster, obviously, but that is the main downside I’ve seen. I have tried quite a few brands now and I really like these Gone Bananas so far the most. The BSRs I’ve had a few issues with on the first set. Had one wheel strip really easily and one had a split in the foam rings. I couldn’t get any response from BSR/Jaco or HobbyHeroes concerning these issues.
Interesting. I tried contacting Gone bananas awhile back to get a price and he never answered me. So what about Contact foam or sweep? Are those decent?

Interesting. I tried contacting Gone bananas awhile back to get a price and he never answered me. So what about Contact foam or sweep? Are those decent?
I like the Sweep for drag hits but they fell apart on a 100mph speed run. Contact were softer than Sweeps IMO. I would do BSR or Gone Bananas. Text Rick @ 608-469-0420

Foams can be tricky on certain RC cars.
People will tell you about how it is very hard to drive a Typhon on Foams but yet full bodied cars seem to do ok. The general consensus is if the car is driving straight and throttle input isn't too wild they do ok. Using the Noble's throttle control I think you would be just fine.

As for the braking and heat I don't think pulsing brakes will help or ABS. (I feel like I read that ABS is bad for speed runner applications but cannot remember)
My recommendation would be to set the drag brake at a low level and then still utilize your primary brake function. This way the car cannot just coast off into the sunset if the radio signal fails ;)

Foams can be tricky on certain RC cars.
People will tell you about how it is very hard to drive a Typhon on Foams but yet full bodied cars seem to do ok. The general consensus is if the car is driving straight and throttle input isn't too wild they do ok. Using the Noble's throttle control I think you would be just fine.

As for the braking and heat I don't think pulsing brakes will help or ABS. (I feel like I read that ABS is bad for speed runner applications but cannot remember)
My recommendation would be to set the drag brake at a low level and then still utilize your primary brake function. This way the car cannot just coast off into the sunset if the radio signal fails ;)
I might pick up a set of foams sometime just to try them out.
The next time I go out I may try out the drag brake thing and see. Definitely do t want her coasting off into the sunset! 👍🏼🤣😂

So I took TRPL DG8S out for a few passes this weekend and improved some more. Gained another 2mph so I’m getting some where.

Upon pulling the data, my ripple is still kinda high. it was in the 2.30 range and I was at 100% power out but I’m still not in the habit of holding the throttle long enough. I also feel that I’m not actually pulling it quick enough. I’m working on it though. Trying different things to find my technique.

I did however take @LibertyMKiii’s advice on setting the drag brake at a low percentage and man I really like that! so thanks again for that tip.

After these two passes, and looking at my logs I decided it was a must I upgrade batteries. So I ordered some CNHL g+ 6000mah 70c lipos. I’m excited to see what they are all about.

So stay tuned guys!!
9CDB1554-7504-4205-B691-E715BB9EBB3A.jpeg
69335B4B-7E5D-45BE-8E70-2913063AF72A.jpeg

So I took TRPL DG8S out for a few passes this weekend and improved some more. Gained another 2mph so I’m getting some where.

Upon pulling the data, my ripple is still kinda high. it was in the 2.30 range and I was at 100% power out but I’m still not in the habit of holding the throttle long enough. I also feel that I’m not actually pulling it quick enough. I’m working on it though. Trying different things to find my technique.

I did however take @LibertyMKiii’s advice on setting the drag brake at a low percentage and man I really like that! so thanks again for that tip.

After these two passes, and looking at my logs I decided it was a must I upgrade batteries. So I ordered some CNHL g+ 6000mah 70c lipos. I’m excited to see what they are all about.

So stay tuned guys!!

You will really like the performance of those G+ 70c packs. Just not their odd size.
The consensus is that they are likely the same cell used in the Turnigy Panther 75c LiPos, but cost a good bit less.

Last edited:
You will really like the performance of those G+ 70c packs. Just not their odd size.
The consensus is that they are likely the same cell used in the Turnigy Panther 75c LiPos but cost a good bit less.
Yeah I’m pretty stoked. It says they were shipped already! Hopefully they come in before the weekend and I can put some runs down.
Man I’m really digging the drag brake. I set it at 20% and it works really well. So thanks for that tid bit of info. 👍🏼👍🏼

Yeah I’m pretty stoked. It says they were shipped already! Hopefully they come in before the weekend and I can put some runs down.
Man I’m really digging the drag brake. I set it at 20% and it works really well. So thanks for that tid bit of info. 👍🏼👍🏼
It is a great feature. Glad you tried it out and like it!
Anxious to see where you get with some proper batteries in there!

Keep a close eye on the set screws in the spool, bearing condition, and that pesky rear center dog bone.

It is a great feature. Glad you tried it out and like it!
Anxious to see where you get with some proper batteries in there!

Keep a close eye on the set screws in the spool, bearing condition, and that pesky rear center dog bone.
Will do. 👍🏼 I keep meaning to ask, if there was a recommendation for diff fluid in the front and rear? I can’t remember what I’m running now, I’ll have to check.

I have a set of Jim’s bearings in there now. But I may in the future upgrade to ceramic ones.

As far as the dog bones, I may upgrade them in the future as well.

Last edited:
Will do. 👍🏼 I keep meaning to ask, if there was a recommendation for diff fluid in the front and rear? I can’t really what I’m running now, I’ll have to check.

I have a set of Jim’s bearings in there now. But I may in the feature upgrade to ceramic ones.

As far as the dog bones, I may upgrade them in the future as well.
I like 500k front and rear. 1M would be fine too. Diff lockers haven’t held up for me so far.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back