Infraction Finally made it!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could probably get some measurements and 3D print a collar that I could snap onto the shaft.
Yeah it sucks I don’t t know anybody around me that messes with these things. But I sure do have a good time doing it!
I was born in El Paso!! Don’t remember much of it though. We were military so we didn’t stay long.
This is almost always a solo hobby, but we have this amazing forum to talk with other addicts like us.

El Paso is a pretty sketchy place these days... not like the 80's and 90's anymore.

I had made a simple limiter with various sizes to get it dialed in just right. A snap-in design as you mentioned would be much easier than taking the rod end off ever time to add/remove them.

Capture.JPG

This is almost always a solo hobby, but we have this amazing forum to talk with other addicts like us.

El Paso is a pretty sketchy place these days... not like the 80's and 90's anymore.

I had made a simple limiter with various sizes to get it dialed in just right. A snap-in design as you mentioned would be much easier than taking the rod end off ever time to add/remove them.

View attachment 167808
Addicts is right! Lol I spend a lot of time on these things sometimes!
I’ve been thinking, I may cut the top of the fender out to really leave room for the ballooning of the tire. I did a lil bench test on it and MAN those GRP’s really balloon. I don’t think it will affect my aero too much. And I’m not going out to set any records with this thing. What are your thoughts? And I’m talking just cut out the already melted part, just enough to allow ballooning.

I’ve been thinking, I may cut the top of the fender out to really leave room for the ballooning of the tire. I did a lil bench test on it and MAN those GRP’s really balloon. I don’t think it will affect my aero too much. And I’m not going out to set any records with this thing. What are your thoughts? And I’m talking just cut out the already melted part, just enough to allow ballooning.
I worry that if you don't make the cut large enough the edges might slice the tire. I know some of the guys used to put the aluminum tape inside their fenders to prevent body damage, Not sure if that would work for you, it seems like the rubbing is generating a lot of heat.

I could probably get some measurements and 3D print a collar that I could snap onto the shaft.
Yeah it sucks I don’t t know anybody around me that messes with these things. But I sure do have a good time doing it!
I was born in El Paso!! Don’t remember much of it though. We were military so we didn’t stay long.
A snap on collar might fall off at the speeds we run. I wouldn't trust it. I cut pieces of 1/8" fuel tubing that I grabbed from Home Depot in the plumbing section. Its a few bucks per roll that will last you a lifetime x 100.

I worry that if you don't make the cut large enough the edges might slice the tire. I know some of the guys used to put the aluminum tape inside their fenders to prevent body damage, Not sure if that would work for you, it seems like the rubbing is generating a lot of heat.
Yeah I used Gorilla tape and it rubbed right through that.

Ok I need some thoughts and opinions. So I’ve been debating on how I could solve my tire rubbing the body issue.
While brainstorming I swapped my front splitter from my Felony and put it on the infraction. It is a lil more surface area for downforce as opposed to the infraction splitter. So, if I was to raise it up in the front slightly do you think that lil bit more surface area on the felony splitter will provide enough downforce to help keep me from flipping??
Trying to think of other ways to remedy this before I just go all out and cut the section out to allow for the tire ballooning.

Ok I need some thoughts and opinions. So I’ve been debating on how I could solve my tire rubbing the body issue.
While brainstorming I swapped my front splitter from my Felony and put it on the infraction. It is a lil more surface area for downforce as opposed to the infraction splitter. So, if I was to raise it up in the front slightly do you think that lil bit more surface area on the felony splitter will provide enough downforce to help keep me from flipping??
Trying to think of other ways to remedy this before I just go all out and cut the section out to allow for the tire ballooning.

Raise the body and extend the bumper with some plastic.

I made these for the Mojave to keep air from entering the body and parachuting. The same concept could work on for after raising the body a bit.

77E80E4B-2977-4D55-BDC2-3EDA816250EC.jpeg
14680F8A-5330-4714-B7EE-BD5D897DC77C.jpeg

I made these for the Mojave to keep air from entering the body and parachuting. The same concept could work on for after raising the body a bit.

View attachment 168792View attachment 168791
I just really don’t want to raise the body up and then make something to block the air. That just adds weight. I’m either gonna raise the front droop slightly or cut out the section of fender that’s pretty much rubbed through. I appreciate your input and pictures man. 👍🏼👍🏼

Well I got my QS8 connectors soldered on and ready to go. Hopefully it won’t rain Sunday long enough for me to take her out and make a pass!
I did just order a set of BSR team purple foams too. Kinda anxious to try out them out.
Have a great weekend guys!!

View attachment 168792View attachment 168791
I suggest a windshield. I did it and in stock configuration it stays much more planted at speed. Also opened up one of the cockpit round faux fan cutouts above the motor. Air gets trapped inside the Cockpit area. It wont exit the rear vents fast enough. It lifts mostly for this reason. Need a windshield. (y) Common to do with sheet Lexan.

Whoa! So guess who don’t need to be running foams yet?? 🙋🏼‍♂️ 🙋🏼‍♂️ <—— this guy right here. Holy smokes!

They drove just like I thought, driving on ice! Much respect to you guys that do run those. That is tricky business. And until I get this thing to run straight I believe I’ll stick to my grp’s for now. 🤣🤣

Which brings me to this……I can not get this thing to keep a straight line to save my life. Any steering setup suggestions??

Got my XLX2 installed and took her out today! Man you talk about a happy camper! It seemed to run that 134 just as smooth as butter. And after reading the data I was really impressed. I’m no expert, but the data logs looked good to me! Tell me what y’all think @jondilly1974 and @LibertyMKiii!!

There’s one more person that helped me reach my goal, and then some as well. @WoodiE thank you for those fast stickers!! They WORKED!! You weren’t kidding. 🤣😂 if anybody is looking to improve their speed, hit WoodiE up for some of those Arrma Forum stickers!
5434B77D-5044-473E-82B9-CBDA219929BF.jpeg
133C35D5-65AF-46E2-8409-82AED80B0BBE.jpeg
ADE38066-6E12-4945-9234-98E017B9A2A8.png

That's some insane speed man. Nicely done @Flames77
At first I was like man this XLX2 is awesome! But then when I went to pop the lid open and seen that Arrma Forum decal, I was reminded it wasn’t the upgraded Esc that got me past my 130 goal. It was that awesome decal! Lol. 💪🏼👍🏼

Got my XLX2 installed and took her out today! Man you talk about a happy camper! It seemed to run that 134 just as smooth as butter. And after reading the data I was really impressed. I’m no expert, but the data logs looked good to me! Tell me what y’all think @jondilly1974 and @LibertyMKiii!!

There’s one more person that helped me reach my goal, and then some as well. @WoodiE thank you for those fast stickers!! They WORKED!! You weren’t kidding. 🤣😂 if anybody is looking to improve their speed, hit WoodiE up for some of those Arrma Forum stickers! View attachment 171123View attachment 171124View attachment 171125
Good results. I think you may have left 1-2mph out there due to a late stab at full throttle but looks pretty good otherwise.

Good results. I think you may have left 1-2mph out there due to a late stab at full throttle but looks pretty good otherwise.
Yeah it wasn’t my idea run. I was late on the throttle and really couldn’t believe it hit 134. But I’ll take it. I attempted to make another pass but low and behold, I lost my screw in the spool. Go figure. I ordered a few more and plan on putting some loctite on it this go round.

I’m very impressed with the XLX2 performance. It really seemed a lot smoother overall. Looking forward to putting up some good numbers now. 🤞🏻

And might I add. Much respect to you making such a nice pass on those foams. I tried it yesterday and found out I’m not at that level yet! 🤣😂🤣 Like driving on ice.

Agree with Jon.
Everything looks really good and could improve on the throttle pull (could use the nobles throttle speed feature for that)

You held full throttle for about 4 seconds and the RPMs just about held flat at the end..... I don't believe longer time at full throttle would have done much more.

Well done man, so few get past 130 mph!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back