Finally pulled the trigger on an xmaxx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have any videos up yet of this beast brother?
Not yet, if I’m taking videos it’ll be in the spring time so I can jump it without breaking stuff.
That’s awesome! Enjoy! I still miss my T-Maxx that was stolen off my driveway. Traxxas makes some good stuff.
Hey I’m in Baltimore County...where do you like to go run your trucks in Maryland?
Thanks brother??. I’m in carroll county, I find construction sites usually. The workers aren’t there on the weekends.

They are same to me.
Two Large scale RC Cars.

IF you like buy new plastic after insane sending, then the plastic X-MAXX plastic chassies and other plastic things you need change alltime maybe is good ..., Then go X-MAXX :)

If you want one durable super hardcore basher you go Kraton With M2C and never need replace anything more. Only have fun.

Kraton is better choice to all hardcore bashers without doubt :)
Kraton 8s is better eh? First, one is a truggie and the other is a monster truck. Apples to oranges. I dare you to jump the stock Xmaxx and stock Kraton 8s 15ft+ into concrete and see which one drives away. Heck, even on dirt. On concrete, say bye to the Kraton chassis. Your driveshafts will bend too like a banana on the K8S . Your wing mount will break on the second or third bad landing. Your rear links will screw themselves in on a bad one wheel landing. How do I know all of this? Because I've owed the K8S V2 XMAXX 8S and Outcast 8s. I've bent my Outcast 8s chassis already but it still drives fine. After installing a giant XLX2 and 1100kv motor with 35/47 gearing it breaks less, but it still bends the mentioned stuff like the K8S. I absolutely love my Outcast 8s, but it breaks more stuff than my X-Maxx running the Max 6 esc and rear rpm hubs. Yeah I think you are wrong. Ironically, my big block xmaxx trucks are breaking more stuff now with the big block, but that is expected.

Arrma 1/5 is one big Skandal.

Weak chassies and Arms.

They need help from RPM or find out something.
And minium 5mm 7075 to these big ones. 6mm is TOUGH.

Arrma fail big always with RTR Cars.

EXB Rollers are great,

RC company need money after they release one Car=
SELL PARTS.
There is alot idiots who like change parts alot also.

EXB is the only way go safe.
Some of us who don't like change alot parts alltime need more EXB rig,

There is only two today.
Make them all RTR and also EXB Arrma please.

KRATON 8S EXB ??? when ?

Last edited:
Hey @Bigtim29 you get this sorted yet? Was there an issue? Happy New Year!
Jim
Happy new year Jim! Unfortunately I have not figured out the problem but I think it might be the plastic molding because I’ve checked through the whole rear end and everything is in place. Traxxas told me that the sound is normal but I know for a fact it’s not. They are sending me a new rear bulkhead and Cush drive cover.

Weak chassies and Arms.

EXB Rollers are great,

SELL PARTS.

There is only two today.

KRATON 8S EXB ??? when ?
I don’t agree with your statement of arrma rtr’s fail big, but an arrma 8s EXB would be awesome??.

Happy new year Jim! Unfortunately I have not figured out the problem but I think it might be the plastic molding because I’ve checked through the whole rear end and everything is in place. Traxxas told me that the sound is normal but I know for a fact it’s not. They are sending me a new rear bulkhead and Cush drive cover.

I don’t agree with your statement of arrma rtr’s fail big, but an arrma 8s EXB would be awesome??.
Traxxas said the sound is normal ,.... document that conversation / date start driving the piss out of it and if it shreds something tell them to send you a whole new truck !!!!

The 8s Arrmas are not a failure. I've mentioned many times before that my Outcast 8s has jumped higher and way more times without breaking than my upgraded Outcast 6s and Kraton 6s. No diff issues so far and it's tough for a 28lb beast. I'm even getting double backflips off my small angled ramps with the big block electronics and the drivetrain is holding up better than even the Xmaxx big block. My Outcast 8s is the most fun and durable Arrma I've ever owned. Well the plastic chassis Granite BLX was also very durable.

Weak chassies and Arms.

EXB Rollers are great,

SELL PARTS.

There is only two today.

KRATON 8S EXB ??? when ?
Yeah, get an exb, you’ll have no trouble what so ever...

hmmm... E-revo v1?
Nah. Outcast 8s. From what I understand, the V1 E Revo was junk no? No experience with any E Revo honestly. I'm not interested TBH in that particular model.

The 8s Arrmas are not a failure. I've mentioned many times before that my Outcast 8s has jumped higher and way more times without breaking than my upgraded Outcast 6s and Kraton 6s. No diff issues so far and it's tough for a 28lb beast. I'm even getting double backflips off my small angled ramps with the big block electronics and the drivetrain is holding up better than even the Xmaxx big block. My Outcast 8s is the most fun and durable Arrma I've ever owned. Well the plastic chassis Granite BLX was also very durable.
Did you mean to quote my post? I didn’t say anything about arrma 8s vehicles being failures.
Nah. Outcast 8s. From what I understand, the V1 E Revo was junk no? No experience with any E Revo honestly. I'm not interested TBH in that particular model.
I had an e revo 2.0 , drive train held up great since the 2.0 has xmaxx diffs if I’m not wrong. The rest of the car was not reliable for bashing so I sold it.

The original 6s Xmaxx version I could see that comment , but the new 8s Xmaxx as long as you leave stock , I know many people having great success . Mine is 3 years old and has always ran on 8s , never any problems . Still has all its stock electronics to boot .
You got a good one. ? Seems like some got a Monday built one.?‍♂️
Kraton 8s is better eh? First, one is a truggie and the other is a monster truck. Apples to oranges. I dare you to jump the stock Xmaxx and stock Kraton 8s 15ft+ into concrete and see which one drives away. Heck, even on dirt. On concrete, say bye to the Kraton chassis. Your driveshafts will bend too like a banana on the K8S . Your wing mount will break on the second or third bad landing. Your rear links will screw themselves in on a bad one wheel landing. How do I know all of this? Because I've owed the K8S V2 XMAXX 8S and Outcast 8s. I've bent my Outcast 8s chassis already but it still drives fine. After installing a giant XLX2 and 1100kv motor with 35/47 gearing it breaks less, but it still bends the mentioned stuff like the K8S. I absolutely love my Outcast 8s, but it breaks more stuff than my X-Maxx running the Max 6 esc and rear rpm hubs. Yeah I think you are wrong. Ironically, my big block xmaxx trucks are breaking more stuff now with the big block, but that is expected.
Aside from being apples and oranges, different class rigs. Truggy vs MT. (similar scale or electrics might be fooling some?)
Slam both with every single possible upgrade out there, throw mega $$$ at them both, and the X-Maxx just cant keep up with the big air that the Kraton 8S does. I don't see @Rich Duperbash sending the X-Maxx. Wish he did. I would love to see that.?‍♂️
I own none of these. Flame me if you will.:rolleyes:
I am just an armchair quarterback watching these 2 rigs. But I have seen hours upon hours of video's that attest to this.
I will admit, those that do have both can be partial to one or the other for whatever personal reasons or observations. We all have different expectations of our RC rigs. And also, driving differently than the next guy has something to do with it. ?‍♂️

Last edited:
Did you mean to quote my post? I didn’t say anything about arrma 8s vehicles being failures.

I had an e revo 2.0 , drive train held up great since the 2.0 has xmaxx diffs if I’m not wrong. The rest of the car was not reliable for bashing so I sold it.
No I was talking about the person that said the Arrma 8s rigs were a failure and you disagree with them. My bad. I should have quoted them directly.

Aside from being apples and oranges, different class rigs. Truggy vs MT. (similar scale or electrics might be fooling some?)
Slam both with every single possible upgrade out there, throw mega $$$ at them both, and the X-Maxx just cant keep up with the big air that the Kraton 8S does. I don't see @Rich Duperbash sending the X-Maxx. Wish he did. I would love to see that.?‍♂️
I am just an armchair quarterback watching these 2 rigs. But I have seen hours upon hours of video's that attest to this.
I will admit, those that do have both can be partial to one or the other for whatever personal reasons or observations. We all have different expectations of our RC rigs. And also, driving differently than the next guy has something to do with it. ?‍♂️
I don't care how much you upgrade the Arrma 8s trucks. They will still break first on the concrete jungle like skateparks and parking lots. It's just the truth. Yes the K8S and O8S will jump way longer and higher in sand dunes and crazy places like Rich does, but honestly, how many of the average persons here have such a place to go to? And who is going to spend $900 plus $200+ on a chassis so it doesn't bend? Plus $500 on upgraded electronics???. I have and it's crazy. But all the Xmaxx needs is the Max 6, 20/50t gearing and rear rpm hubs and hinge pins. And it will survive more the average driving on skateparks and such. Come on now. I love my Outcast 8s, but it needs those mentioned upgrades badly. Yes it's freaking amazing now doing double backflips and going 15ft+, but I've broken lots of stuff in the process because of the weight. Actually my rear m2c shock shaft snapped during my last run from all the concrete jumps. I'll probably will not be doing that again. Xmaxx, no problem. I don't know. They both are great rigs, but for different things. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

If I’m not mistaken, isn’t rich sponsored by arrma?

It's easy , just look at who gets the new releases first and does the box opening / first run videos and never trash the brand ( regardless of who it is Arrma / Traxxas / Losi / etc ) while the normal rest of the hobby community has to wait a month or so beyond that . And don't bite the hand that feeds you !!!!
And then there's Thomas ( TPpartsextreme ) , has run just about everything and looks like he has fun doing it ( Xmaxx included )

I don't see @Rich Duperbash sending the X-Maxx. Wish he did. I would love to see that.?‍♂️
I seen one of his You Tube vids the other day, he was bashing with a friend with a Xmaxx at one of his spots. Friend was sending the X just like him and held up well, I was impressed. Think he finally broke a rear carrier or something from a bad landing.
Ahh....Yeah!

Last edited:
I seen one of his You Tube vids the other day, he was bashing with a friend with a Xmaxx at one of his spots. Friend was sending the X just like him and held up well, I was impressed. Think he finally broke a rear carrier or something from a bad landing.

Ahh....Yeah!
I don't do insane jumps like Rich, but I had a bad driving session where I landed my X-Maxx bad just about every time I sent it 15ft into grass/dirt. Max 6 esc, rear rpm hubs, hinge pins, and stock gearing for now only. Check it out. I get a double backflip from my crazy O8S big block at the end :

Ahh....Yeah!
And some concrete abuse showing how tough these trucks really are. Big block Outcast, then big block Xmaxx and stock Xmaxx towards the end :

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back