Typhon Finally unboxed my Typhon 6s. Started the upgrades already.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Custnam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Like the title says I finally unboxed my awesome Typhon 6s. I have about 6 or 7 upgrades/ replacements already planned and purchased. The first being of course ripping the STX2 out and installing the receiver for my Flysky FS-GT5. Got that installed, calibrated, and adjusted and love it so far. While doing this I replaced the stock servo with the other Hexfly DS3225 servo I had and an Armorwerks aluminum servo mount. Then installed a Hot racing aluminum steering arm. Again had to adjust the height of the servo with the same stock plastic spacers, and then using a couple washers and a longer screw I was able to get all the servo linkage lined up perfectly. Then I used some heat shrink on the motor wires to keep them from coming loose. So to sum it up I basically have done all the same things I did to my Notorious for the most part. I have quite a few more things to do and Ill update this as I go. But for now heres some pics of the car and what Ive done so far.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Like the title says I finally unboxed my awesome Typhon 6s. I have about 6 or 7 upgrades/ replacements already planned and purchased. The first being of course ripping the STX2 out and installing the receiver for my Flysky FS-GT5. Got that installed, calibrated, and adjusted and love it so far. While doing this I replaced the stock servo with the other Hexfly DS3225 servo I had and an Armorwerks aluminum servo mount. Then installed a Hot racing aluminum steering arm. Again had to adjust the height of the servo with the same stock plastic spacers, and then using a couple washers and a longer screw I was able to get all the servo linkage lined up perfectly. Then I used some heat shrink on the motor wires to keep them from coming loose. So to sum it up I basically have done all the same things I did to my Notorious for the most part. I have quite a few more things to do and Ill update this as I go. But for now heres some pics of the car and what Ive done so far.

View attachment 51548View attachment 51549View attachment 51550View attachment 51551View attachment 51552View attachment 51553
Nice. I just ordered a V3 because my 6s batteries all have XT90 and the V3 comes with the ttx300 radio. Anyways, you can't go wrong with either version. Have fun!

Nice. I just ordered a V3 because my 6s batteries all have XT90 and the V3 comes with the ttx300 radio. Anyways, you can't go wrong with either version. Have fun!

Where did you find a V3? I looked all over and only found one everywhere I looked. I almost got it because of the Tactic and I like the blue body but decided not too because of how many upgrades the V4 has.

Where did you find a V3? I looked all over and only found one everywhere I looked. I almost got it because of the Tactic and I like the blue body but decided not too because of how many upgrades the V4 has.
RC planet. It was the last one they had. Like I said, both V3 and V4 have advantages and disadvantages but you can't go wrong with either. Upgrades on the V4 are the sliding motor mount, the included speed pinion, the tower to tower brace and that's about it no? The downgrade is the stx radio.

RC planet. It was the last one they had. Like I said, both V3 and V4 have advantages and disadvantages but you can't go wrong with either. Upgrades on the V4 are the sliding motor mount, the included speed pinion, the tower to tower brace and that's about it no? The downgrade is the stx radio.

Thats crazy. Thats the exact one I almost bought from RC Planet. But there are a lot of upgrades that made it make more sense to me to get the V4. Especially since I already have a replacement Flysky FS-GT5. Heres a list of whats new. Credit to JvG for this image from here.

Screenshot_20190320-175831_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
OK. Just finished installing the rest of the upgrades. T-Bone Chassis skid, front and rear bumpers, Dusty Motor Shock covers, and I tried to install RPM wing mounts but I found out you would have to shave the body mounts down to fit so Ill stick with stock for now until I really need the RPM's. I also installed an Arrma Wheelie bar. Sorta finished for now. :sneaky: Yea right!

Attachments

• Chassis Skid.jpg
    Chassis Skid.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Front Bumper.jpg
    Front Bumper.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 70
  • Rear Bumper.jpg
    Rear Bumper.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Shock Covers and Bumper.jpg
    Shock Covers and Bumper.jpg
    691.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Wheelie Bar.jpg
    Wheelie Bar.jpg
    494.5 KB · Views: 63
OK. Just finished installing the rest of the upgrades. T-Bone Chassis skid, front and rear bumpers, Dusty Motor Shock covers, and I tried to install RPM wing mounts but I found out you would have to shave the body mounts down to fit so Ill stick with stock for now until I really need the RPM's. I also installed an Arrma Wheelie bar. Sorta finished for now. :sneaky: Yea right!
Nice really nice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back