Limitless Finding the 200 mph motor for the Limitless/Infraction GT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve seen 17,000 watts with my 5680 motor in my 162mph pass. Used 11,000 mah worth of 8s batteries but I’m gonna try around 9,000 mah this year see if I can get higher speeds. I have the output of power for sure.
My 4050 motor has also produced 7-9000 watts even tho it is rated at 5000.
You play with the balance of weight of the car with battery supply and what motor you choose for power but too big requires to much battery.
It’s like a big balancing act 🤣
I have over powered motors before and you can go faster if done correctly.

With that said you can also over saturate a motor with amps and not go any faster. All the extra wattage just is converted to heat.
Typically running a motor over the max rating just results in more heat and less speed....

Yes, i agree, its the same way a turbo works, if you like 1;1 scale cars, they only are best in a certain powerband, and while they might still work past that powerband, they hit their peak in the specified area.

Thanks, anyone think the 2028 1100 will do 175mph?
@LibertyMKiii this might be a project for shahar, or raz?
I know one of the gang members has that goal.

Thanks, anyone think the 2028 1100 will do 175mph?
@LibertyMKiii this might be a project for shahar, or raz?
I know one of the gang members has that goal.
Not sure to be honest. I have never paid much attention to the castle motors.
They just never have been good enough to invest my attention to.

I am sticking with TP 56 series from now on except for my 200+ car that requires a 40mm can.

True, since I’ve gone to tp, i like them more then castle, higher quality overall.
castle is just easier, its like traxxas vs arrma, traxxas makes everything easy, they aren’t the best, although they have the occasional diamond, same with castle. Soldered bullets, spare parts, easy maintenance.
tp is like arrma, they make the best of the best, but the only work they do for you is building the motor, the rest is up to you.
what motor are you going to use thats 40mm?
do you have an idea, i know you liked the 1721.
Also, what motor is James McCoy using in his 196mph build?
5870?
5690?

I have over powered motors before and you can go faster if done correctly.

With that said you can also over saturate a motor with amps and not go any faster. All the extra wattage just is converted to heat.
Typically running a motor over the max rating just results in more heat and less speed....
Those watts outputs were done on the motors rated voltages.
The 4050cm I have is 6s rated and regularly sees the 7000+ watts.
Same with my 5680. Running it on 8s. The motors output is just a general rating I think

what motor are you going to use thats 40mm?
do you have an idea, i know you liked the 1721.
Also, what motor is James McCoy using in his 196mph build?
5870?
5690?

I have a standard TP4070 (1700kv) in my 200+ build. That is mostly due to the KV/Gearing needs it has. Otherwise I'd look at getting a TP4080CM

I don't know the motor James is running. As you could imagine as the worlds fastest he is keeping some thing secret....
I suspect it would be a 15kW+ rated motor.

and do you think 220,30,40,50mph with that motor?

Yeah, you can never know. Any word on raz’s most powerful lipos (he ran at 192)

150mph rubber tire? Yes please

Jeez. that is why you don’t rubber speedrun.

Hi guys,

I'm still fairly new to the speed running game and from all the information here I'm still a bit unclear on a few things regarding TP motors and was hoping someone might enlighten me on a few questions.

I keep seeing mentions that the XLX2 doesn't do well with 6P motors, yet I see a lot of people running 56xx & 58xx motors all the same. I don't see any differentiation being made between delta and wye wind motors around this topic. It's my understanding that Castle ESC's do better with wye wind motors, which makes sense as all Castle motors are wye wind. So is it generally a bad idea to run delta wind motors with an XLX2? Would I run an increased risk of damaging motor, ESC or both? Or is it just a matter of "would technically work but performance would be crap"?

When shopping around for TP motors, all of the 56 and 58xx motors I find are 6P motors. Virtually all of the speed runners I see are using XLX2 ESCs, so what's the bit that's kind of being left unsaid here? What am I missing here? I guess what I'm asking is, which 56xx and 58xx motors will be a good fit for an XLX2?

One other question...I found sensored TP motors on Aliexpress, don't really see anyone using them or even mentioning their existence (also odd that sensored motors are nowhere to be found nor mentioned on any of TP motors' websites be it USA, Europe, Germany or any of the various retailers that sell TP). Are these not genuine TP motors or are the sensors retrofitted by some outfit in China? They state explicitly that they're designed to work with XLX2 ESCs which raised the question of whether this might make their 6P motors more palatable to Castle ESCs?

Thanks in advance to anyone who might shed some light and help clear up my confabulationatory ignorance on the topic.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back