Finished one of my ramps. Too steep?

Thread starter #1

-Dusty-

Arrma RC's
Kraton, Outcast
I just made this 45 degree ramp. In my head it seemed like a great idea. Now looking at it, it seems a bit scary

Working on a 35 degree one right now.

Is 45 degrees too much?

Attachments

Thread starter #3

-Dusty-

Arrma RC's
Kraton, Outcast
hahah

Im gonna try them out tonight. Do some durability testing

Thread starter #5

-Dusty-

Arrma RC's
Kraton, Outcast
Great job. I need to build a ramp like that.

Thanks and I agree, you really need to build a ramp like this haha. Just tested them out. Gonna be fun using these!

You were right. It is perfect haha. Made a couple jumps before the storm got here. Almost missed the damn ramp on the first attempt

olds97_lss

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
I like mine a little less steep. Or, make two that are the same height, but different grades of slope, then set them up back to back. Then you can do super backflips in one direction and long distance jumps in the other. It's a lot more fun to be able to jump in both directions.

Thread starter #7

-Dusty-

Arrma RC's
Kraton, Outcast
I like mine a little less steep. Or, make two that are the same height, but different grades of slope, then set them up back to back. Then you can do super backflips in one direction and long distance jumps in the other. It's a lot more fun to be able to jump in both directions.

Yea I was thinking the same thing but ended up making the 35degree one a bit short. I was kinda just doing things on the fly. I will probably try to do something like that though on my next ramps

bicketybam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
Granite, Kraton, Senton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega, Notorious, BigRock 4x4
What tools are required to make ramps like these? Circular saw? Table saw?

bicketybam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
Do you just bend the plywood to match the curve of the sides? I'm assuming you screw it down and not nail it?

Thread starter #13

-Dusty-

Arrma RC's
Kraton, Outcast
yea, I bent it. The 45 degree angle ramp was a bit hard because I was alone and I don't weigh a ton

With the screws I started with the top and worked my way down.

bicketybam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
yea, I bent it. The 45 degree angle ramp was a bit hard because I was alone and I don't weigh a ton

With the screws I started with the top and worked my way down.
Thanks, man. I don't own a jigsaw so that's my next purchase. I needed one anyway. Did you cut both sides are the same time?

WTF MIKE

Arrma RC's
Outcast
If you use 1/4” plywood it would be easier than bend or wiggle board. It’s plywood with all the grains laminated in the same direction so it bends

MeesterC

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Senton
6s + 45 degree ramp + full throttle + 60 foot in air + triple backflip = hell of a lot of fun....

You must video all this fun and post it here for us to observe and make sure you're doing it correctly........ LMAO

Thread starter #19

-Dusty-

Arrma RC's
Kraton, Outcast
6s + 45 degree ramp + full throttle + 60 foot in air + triple backflip = hell of a lot of fun....

You must video all this fun and post it here for us to observe and make sure you're doing it correctly........ LMAO
I actually do have a video I put on my channel. I wasnt going full out or anything but got some backflips and such. Of course my newbieness shows at the end.

Live and learn!

MeesterC

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Senton
I actually do have a video I put on my channel. I wasnt going full out or anything but got some backflips and such. Of course my newbieness shows at the end.

Live and learn!

Looks like you're getting the hang of it pretty good. I had the same thing happen to me with the wheel but mine still had the control arm attached to it...... Lol. I stopped jumping mine for show off reasons because I got tired of seeing it sit till I could afford to fix it. Being a newbie myself with a badass car I had to show everyone up by jumping the most insane jumps I could find. I bet I've spent over $100 just in control arms......

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Theibault Outcast & Notorious 21
dpricenator General Chaos 4