Finished one of my ramps. Too steep?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Dusty-

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
I just made this 45 degree ramp. In my head it seemed like a great idea. Now looking at it, it seems a bit scary

Working on a 35 degree one right now.

Is 45 degrees too much?

Attachments

• IMG_0118[1].JPG
    IMG_0118[1].JPG
    306.4 KB · Views: 139
hahah

Im gonna try them out tonight. Do some durability testing

Great job. I need to build a ramp like that.

Thanks and I agree, you really need to build a ramp like this haha. Just tested them out. Gonna be fun using these!

That’s perfect

You were right. It is perfect haha. Made a couple jumps before the storm got here. Almost missed the damn ramp on the first attempt

I like mine a little less steep. Or, make two that are the same height, but different grades of slope, then set them up back to back. Then you can do super backflips in one direction and long distance jumps in the other. It's a lot more fun to be able to jump in both directions.

I like mine a little less steep. Or, make two that are the same height, but different grades of slope, then set them up back to back. Then you can do super backflips in one direction and long distance jumps in the other. It's a lot more fun to be able to jump in both directions.

Yea I was thinking the same thing but ended up making the 35degree one a bit short. I was kinda just doing things on the fly. I will probably try to do something like that though on my next ramps

What tools are required to make ramps like these? Circular saw? Table saw?

Do you just bend the plywood to match the curve of the sides? I'm assuming you screw it down and not nail it?

yea, I bent it. The 45 degree angle ramp was a bit hard because I was alone and I don't weigh a ton

With the screws I started with the top and worked my way down.

yea, I bent it. The 45 degree angle ramp was a bit hard because I was alone and I don't weigh a ton

With the screws I started with the top and worked my way down.

Thanks, man. I don't own a jigsaw so that's my next purchase. I needed one anyway. Did you cut both sides are the same time?

If you use 1/4” plywood it would be easier than bend or wiggle board. It’s plywood with all the grains laminated in the same direction so it bends

6s + 45 degree ramp + full throttle + 60 foot in air + triple backflip = hell of a lot of fun....

You must video all this fun and post it here for us to observe and make sure you're doing it correctly........ LMAO

6s + 45 degree ramp + full throttle + 60 foot in air + triple backflip = hell of a lot of fun....

You must video all this fun and post it here for us to observe and make sure you're doing it correctly........ LMAO

I actually do have a video I put on my channel. I wasnt going full out or anything but got some backflips and such. Of course my newbieness shows at the end.

Live and learn!

I actually do have a video I put on my channel. I wasnt going full out or anything but got some backflips and such. Of course my newbieness shows at the end.

Live and learn!

Looks like you're getting the hang of it pretty good. I had the same thing happen to me with the wheel but mine still had the control arm attached to it...... Lol. I stopped jumping mine for show off reasons because I got tired of seeing it sit till I could afford to fix it. Being a newbie myself with a badass car I had to show everyone up by jumping the most insane jumps I could find. I bet I've spent over $100 just in control arms......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back