Finned motor can + thermal pad + heatsink expirement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobalt172

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey guys, so I wanted to try something to help cool my leopard 5898 1100kv. She does get hot if I do too many wot runs.

Anyway, what I am attempting is to use another heatsink with thermal pad in between the motor and the heatsink to transfer the heat.

To make sure I have the best "connection" possible, I riptide and rubberband-ed the heatsink and thermal pad onto the motor as firmly as possible.

Think this will work?

Attachments

• 20200710_075039.jpg
    20200710_075039.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 20200710_075103.jpg
    20200710_075103.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 20200710_074856.jpg
    20200710_074856.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 63
I've had a thermal pad like that on my Hyper vse heat sink its been fine for me for months.

I've had a thermal pad like that on my Hyper vse heat sink its been fine for me for months.

Were your motor cans finned?

Perfect, can wait to have better heat dissipation!

I also did this on my stock kraton

Nah the can is smooth on mine, but as long as the pad is making good contact i'd think it should be ok.

A few dabs of thermal epoxy would hold it on there nicely.

Are you saying put thermal epoxy in between motor and thermal pad or replace the pad with thermal epoxy.

Wouldn't that essentially permanently mount the heatsink to the motor?

Are you saying put thermal epoxy in between motor and thermal pad or replace the pad with thermal epoxy.

Wouldn't that essentially permanently mount the heatsink to the motor?
I meant between the the thermal pad and the heat sink, but if the elastics are there to hold the whole thing down on the motor then that doesn’t really help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back