Fire Safe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltystevo

Reaction score
Ive been thinking about using one of my ammo boxes and putting a bag of sand or brick at the bottom and maybe running sheetrock on the sides.
Then i had maybe a better idea. Why not use a already built fire safe??

$20 @ lowes. Walmart and Amazon have them also of course. https://www.lowes.com/pd/SentrySafe...-ft-Keyed-Fire-Resistant-Chest-Safe/999958295

How is battsafe box safer then a fire safe?
I figured for storage add a small outgass hole. For charging just run the wires in and let cover rest on wires without completely closing lid.

See only problem with that if something did catch fire, i believe... Don't quote me on it, but if something was to happen and you open the lid, i think you would get backdraft, I'm no fire marshal tho so might be wrong

See only problem with that if something did catch fire, i believe... Don't quote me on it, but if something was to happen and you open the lid, i think you would get backdraft, I'm no fire marshal tho so might be wrong
It might if you open it fast. A rush of oxygen to a good flame will increase fire for a second. Then again if theres a fire im slamming it closed and carrying it safely outside by the handle which wont be hot.

Even better is cut a hole for wiring and outgassing and keep the safe shut

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread...but this type of fire safe/chest was exactly what I was thinking. Why are not more people using these? Is there a particular reason? Would it be as good/better than an ammo box? Thx!

Well, for one thing it's meant for keeping fire out, not in. Not sure how much of a difference that is, but...

Well, for one thing it's meant for keeping fire out, not in. Not sure how much of a difference that is, but...

Hey, thx. What puzzled me was, if it keeps fire out, why wouldn’t it keep fire in? Doesn’t the material/construction work both ways?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back