Fireteam Fireteam build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandracer_NL

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
Quite a few FTbuilds lately, but since there were some ‘issues’ out of the box I thought I’d share.
So what’s the plan and already under construction?
- Hobbywing Max6 4985 combo
- DS3230 PRO servo
- Dumbo TX/RX with gyro (works with the handbrake and lights)
- Aluminium chassis braces
- Aluminium center diff mount
- Aluminium servo mount
- Aluminium servo arm
- Carbon chassis wrap (looks cool and acts as a gasket under the diff housings)
- Different wheels
- Lights front and rear
- Mud guards rear
- Side body panels and the crew out
- Diffs from 10/200/10 to 30/200/30

So far the current plan, now the things noticed out of the box:
- leaking center diff (the black center cap) combined with a lot play of the cups. Shimmed the center diff with Mugen Seiki E206 and added one additional gasket. Stayed with stock setting of 200k.
- binding of the internal gears in both front and rear diff with a lot of play of the cups. Again shimming with Mugen Seiki shims and added one additional gasket on both diffs. As usual low on oil. Upped diffs to 30k.
- hardly any grease on the ring gears. Replace with Red& Tacky
- all metals (driveshafts, axles, links, etc.) had an oil cover. Luckily easy to remove.
- Play in the front left CVD. Had to add three 8x13x0.2mm shims. Added two shims to the right CVD Hopefully the simming leads to the bearings live longer.
- Play in the rear hub carriers. Still need to add shims there.
- Shocks were perfectly filled! Those all black shock definitely look cool.

It’s Sunday morning (🥱), so enough talking and time for some pics (just shimmed the front left CVD.
3A709208-75AC-4533-BF40-2430A2AF310A.jpeg
8A2D7122-B043-43D6-AE2A-B97185A9EEEF.jpeg
A014A91F-1639-4F59-940F-904038CC5C7C.jpeg
6B5C981D-A52E-4F28-A07A-2FF2708FA62B.jpeg

Very happy to see that recent sale on FT and others getting one...even if not from the sale.

Now I can look forward to more feedback and activity in the FT thread. By far my #1 6S rig. Enjoy!

Very happy to see that recent sale on FT and others getting one...even if not from the sale.

Now I can look forward to more feedback and activity in the FT thread. By far my #1 6S rig. Enjoy!
Exactly my thoughts!! Love seeing everybody buy one, I may have to post a build thread now.

@Sandracer_NL

Interested to see how you go with lights. At all cost I try to put all my lights on the chassis of the rig so when I remove the body, there are no wires to fight with...in the bumpers, etc. FT was no good way to do that, but I did well getting the Polo lights in and a simple wire to connect the connector as I lower the body.

If you watch as many YT videos as I did as I was waiting for it to come.... all the bashers had body panel issues even Rich D. I made sure to fix that before ever bashing, and no panel has come off or screw popped out the panel.

• Each panel was removed and drywall taped and E6000. Every panel!!
  • Each screw hole had good drywall over the hole and used a body reamer to slightly open the hole for the screw
  • Think I used some 2.5mm or something like that as washers for the body panel screw
  • Rich D. showed how the rear panel has no support and breaks away. I used clear E6000 to fix
Pay a lot of attention to the panels I have no broken or loose (y)

Sorry about the pic not trying to take your thunder Sir just showing you...last thing you want are body panels busting through the screws.

1669752642689.png
1669752652094.png
1669752694153.png
1669752705710.png
1669752754010.png

@Sandracer_NL

Interested to see how you go with lights. At all cost I try to put all my lights on the chassis of the rig so when I remove the body, there are no wires to fight with...in the bumpers, etc. FT was no good way to do that, but I did well getting the Polo lights in and a simple wire to connect the connector as I lower the body.

If you watch as many YT videos as I did as I was waiting for it to come.... all the bashers had body panel issues even Rich D. I made sure to fix that before ever bashing, and no panel has come off or screw popped out the panel.

• Each panel was removed and drywall taped and E6000. Every panel!!
  • Each screw hole had good drywall over the hole and used a body reamer to slightly open the hole for the screw
  • Think I used some 2.5mm or something like that as washers for the body panel screw
  • Rich D. showed how the rear panel has no support and breaks away. I used clear E6000 to fix
Pay a lot of attention to the panels I have no broken or loose (y)

Sorry about the pic not trying to take your thunder Sir just showing you...last thing you want are body panels busting through the screws.

View attachment 259229View attachment 259230View attachment 259231View attachment 259232View attachment 259233
Added lights. Just wanted to see how it looked; I still need to properly fix the wires to the roll cage.
I made side panels with little front mud guard protection. Not really liking the carbon wrap, so I ordered two new wraps to those from. Now

A20EC81C-D5C9-4455-B250-58D8580CCAD3.jpeg
waiting…
5D9ED394-2F14-4A5C-AB3A-10BE8E515DDA.jpeg
08E75209-DAEF-4240-839F-FA484C541C56.jpeg

Added lights. Just wanted to see how it looked; I still need to properly fix the wires to the roll cage.
I made side panels with little front mud guard protection. Not really liking the carbon wrap, so I ordered two new wraps to those from. Now

View attachment 262120 waiting…View attachment 262121View attachment 262122
I like where you are going with this. I really, really like the lights on each side of the front roll cage. I like that look better. I like what you are doing with the cage itself. When you rewrap, post up a pic and let us see...

Looking good! (y)

Just made a small front body panel were the dashboard was. The gap there was when removing the interior just didn’t looked right iMO.
Re-wrapped the side panels from carbon to black; I like the black much better.
Total weight is 6.2 - 6.3KG, exactly the stock weight! So the upgraded motor, esc, servo, lighting and body panel changes is exactly offset by the lighter wheels, removing the interior, front side panels and rear lower body panel.
Pretty happy with the total weight, hopefully these tires perform as these tires save about 250 grams compared to the stock tires.

27F42082-AED1-4083-8D30-2172D3E7EA94.jpeg

A1917ACB-E434-4763-8A8D-624234B922B3.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back