Fireteam build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll post pics of everything that I’ve gotten already and I’m still waiting on quite a few of other things to arrive. I kinda jumped into the deep end of the pool with both feet on this one. I just got started back into the hobby after reaching 50 and I might’ve bitten off more than I can chew 😂
I was thinking about using a hw 1650 max 6 and I have the hw 1100 max 5. Must admit that I haven’t built a rc since the 80’s when all you could buy was kits so who knows how this may go.

Then it would be a Traxxas!

7CA2E971-6FA5-430B-ACBF-3C9916C7A1E0.gif

Lay it on us…. Beef cake kit? 8S Monster motor? Do tell from a Fireteam owner!
Im sure we’ll see a lot of Fireteam builds in the future! I got 3 during the sale my brother took one 🥺.still have one in the box for a future build. I’ve been driving the sh$t out of mine!!
59AF61ED-A460-4A5D-A11F-66B4CDE2BADE.jpeg
84B3AA9C-2FA7-415E-8712-17B387869749.jpeg

I’ll post pics of everything that I’ve gotten already and I’m still waiting on quite a few of other things to arrive. I kinda jumped into the deep end of the pool with both feet on this one. I just got started back into the hobby after reaching 50 and I might’ve bitten off more than I can chew 😂
I was thinking about using a hw 1650 max 6 and I have the hw 1100 max 5. Must admit that I haven’t built a rc since the 80’s when all you could buy was kits so who knows how this may go.

Enjoy...

Maybe drive it as is to get a feel for it first before upgrades to see what "you" need to upgrade for your style. It is an awesome rig as it. (y)

I’ve had it since July. I’m stating that I haven’t built anything since the 80’s.
It’ll ALL come back to ya and you’ll be bashin and crashin before we know it!

I’ve had it since July. I’m stating that I haven’t built anything since the 80’s.

Ahh...got ya my bad (y)

At least you have historical knowledge, all new to me. Yes Sir...enjoy it is fun!

I would go ahead and try to fit that front M2C brace, I've had fitment issues with mine.

Also, I see you went with the M2C front upper hinge pin holder. I would instead recommend to go with the Arrma EXB front upper hinge pin holder. It's a very good design, good price, and looks beefier than the M2C model which only works with the smaller RTR version hinge pins. EXB Front Upper Hinge Pin

I also had some slight issues getting the M2C front and rear lower hinge pin carriers to fit. Where it mounts between the differential carrier and the chassis it's slightly off. My differential carriers are also aftermarket (ScorchedRC), so I haven't pinpointed where the issue is yet, but I plan on swapping some parts back out to see. I was able to force it in, but it sure felt like I was going to snap those screws.

If you're already swapping out the hubs, why not go for the Kraton hubs? You'll only need to add on the wheel axles, and then I'd recommend the triple bearing t7075 model from Treal
Rear Treal hub
Front Treal Knuckle

Last edited:
I haven’t gotten to far in the build yet because I believe that I got in over my head with building one without much knowledge of it. I have got the chassis switched out but one of the factory shock bolts was stripped out so it fell apart and once I got it out everything kinda went everywhere so I’m trying to recall how everything went back together by my somewhat memory

I haven’t gotten to far in the build yet because I believe that I got in over my head with building one without much knowledge of it. I have got the chassis switched out but one of the factory shock bolts was stripped out so it fell apart and once I got it out everything kinda went everywhere so I’m trying to recall how everything went back together by my somewhat memory
Been there, done that.

When I got back into RC in 2019 I hated having to do repairs and even paid my LHS to do them for me once or twice. Heck, I let my Slash Ultimate sit in a box of pieces for nearly two years until last spring when I finally committed to putting it back together with the couple hundred bucks of new parts I bought for it. After that, I quite enjoy wrenching on them now which is good since it seems it is common to spend more time wrenching on them compared to driving them. ;)

You need some little plastic clear trays in various sizes so you can group parts with their screws IMO. It also helps keep your work area cleaner if you can put stuff in small trays, then put all those little trays you don't need into a big cardboard box or plastic tub.

I have a few magnetic trays and a small container with 7 different plastic trays in it but I need more and am thinking about ordering a bulk set of something like this from Amazon:

2023-01-31_18h47_39.png

You need some little plastic clear trays in various sizes so you can group parts with their screws IMO. It also helps keep your work area cleaner if you can put stuff in small trays, then put all those little trays you don't need into a big cardboard box or plastic tub.

I have a few magnetic trays and a small container with 7 different plastic trays in it but I need more and am thinking about ordering a bulk set of something like this from Amazon:

View attachment 274497
Yea I have magnetic trays it’s trying to remember how everything goes back together

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back