Fireteam Fireteam Dog Toy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TyphonTLR

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
My lab goes absolutely nuts chasing any of my 3 cars. Have any of you done something like attach a toy to the back of it for them to get vs trying to eat the car lol. She'll run flat out for 10-15 minutes chasing the thing.

Make yourself a rope chew thing and attach to said rig(s).

Chase on!!

I was thinking of some kind of breakaway thing vs like velcro'ing a rope toy but not sure what to look for.

My lab goes absolutely nuts chasing any of my 3 cars. Have any of you done something like attach a toy to the back of it for them to get vs trying to eat the car lol. She'll run flat out for 10-15 minutes chasing the thing.
My Catahoula loves to chase my cars. I tried attaching a stuffed bunny to the roof and also tying one behind, but he only goes for the front tire and then flips the car on its lid and howls in triumph. I figure it’s a hunting instinct method, pulling prey down by grabbing the front leg then going for the throat. He only goes after the left front tire, which is kinda weird, but it seems to work for him and I only have to worry about 1 tire.

My crazy French bulldog does the same thing. Maybe attach a Rib eye steak to a long rope.
Here’s both my little goof balls 😊

F6482BA0-9F68-40EB-B567-811800147A9A.jpeg

I was thinking of some kind of breakaway thing vs like velcro'ing a rope toy but not sure what to look for.

1. Secure Velcro to top of vehicle & near the back.
2. Add mating Velcro to stuff toy animal AND a thick 2ft rope (simulating a "tail")..
3. Attach said toy & rope to car's velcro and
4. Let 'er rip!!

Cat Dog GIF

here's what I do. In vid it's a senton, but now use a mojave and the dog has MUCH more fun with it because we can "tug-of-war" and she actually has to work to drag it.

I've never seen a dog so enamored over an activity. she has gone over an hour of chasing it tug-of-war / repeat. Took her about 5 days to get back to normal mobility (muscle soreness, she's tiny / light. joint wear / tear is not much a concern)

I would fill up a rubbermaid container with water and she jumps in that every other "chase", and because of that she can go seemingly forever (only once did I wear her out too much with it...but yea she will not stop on her own)

Now, any little sound from the mojave and she gets all worked up and ready for the chasing. It's kind of spoiled being able to run it at home without her. That said I have a blast doing that too.

it must really trigger her instinct. chasing it, tail thing bouncing around...grab it and drag the "prey" back to her rubbermaid pool lol

it was the tug-of-war aspect that seems to REALLY get her engaged with it.

here's what I do. In vid it's a senton, but now use a mojave and the dog has MUCH more fun with it because we can "tug-of-war" and she actually has to work to drag it.

I've never seen a dog so enamored over an activity. she has gone over an hour of chasing it tug-of-war / repeat. Took her about 5 days to get back to normal mobility (muscle soreness, she's tiny / light. joint wear / tear is not much a concern)

I would fill up a rubbermaid container with water and she jumps in that every other "chase", and because of that she can go seemingly forever (only once did I wear her out too much with it...but yea she will not stop on her own)

Now, any little sound from the mojave and she gets all worked up and ready for the chasing. It's kind of spoiled being able to run it at home without her. That said I have a blast doing that too.

it must really trigger her instinct. chasing it, tail thing bouncing around...grab it and drag the "prey" back to her rubbermaid pool lol

GREAT vid!!! I love how she face planted on that one try. Too funny! Looks like a blast!!

I wonder if I attach a gift card, cash or some electronic device (N. Switch/cell phone, etc) to the back of mine, if I can get my kids to chase it like that. :unsure:(y):LOL::ROFLMAO:🤪

Yeah This! I'll have to rig something up and see how it goes.

Pretty cool, but poor Mojave:ROFLMAO:.
Next stop....;)
1673616416326.png

Yeah This! I'll have to rig something up and see how it goes.
For my dads dog, she did start chasing immediately, but she was "gentle" with it....over a few days she got more "aggressive" (probably confidence) and increasing put more effort into the whole thing...at the same time as getting more endurance / strength lol
Pretty cool, but poor Mojave:ROFLMAO:.
Next stop....;)
View attachment 269454

:oops: The dog weighs maybe 7lbs more than the mojave lol

That one is for doing same game with a Black Bear or something lol

on mojave I use a 16t / stock center diff and 1717. It holds up to the tug of war surprisingly well!

As dogs do, she does the head snap thing sometimes and has broke part of rear bumper. but was because rope tangle up in bumper and she did head snap thing.

Last edited:
I wonder if I attach a gift card, cash or some electronic device (N. Switch/cell phone, etc) to the back of mine, if I can get my kids to chase it like that. :unsure:(y):LOL::ROFLMAO:🤪

That's unique approach to the Cash Grab game..

Perhaps just have several different notecards/post-it notes attached to the rigs (with their favorite activities written on them) and let the kids chase and see what they are able to snatch off the vehicle as their reward for the weekend.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back