Fireteam Fireteam gets new shoes - Backflip LP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a2lowvw

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Talion EXB
  7. Typhon TLR
  8. Vorteks
I haven’t really liked the Fireteam much and started playing with it a bit to try and make it more fun to drive. I put the Copperheads off my K6 and found it to be much more fun but still a little top heavy and traction roll prone. Swapped in some Scorched ti towers, m2c front brace, hr t2t rod ends. Put on a set of Backflip lp’s and adjusted ride height. Seems much more enjoyable. Might actually be my favorite rig in the stable right now. It wheelies but not as easily as the K6 and seems to hold a much tighter turn than before. Running a 15t pinion to help account for tire diameter decrease. A little suspension tuning and tires make a huge difference on this thing.

E8CAF4C4-3D59-451C-A935-4FCEEBEA13E3.jpeg

I had to adjust the steering endpoints to keep them from rubbing the front control arms but even still it is so much more fun to drive. We had it out at one of the local tracks on Saturday and it was a blast. Where my TLR got tough to control in some of the big brake bumps this thing just gobbled it up. The Typhon on 4s was faster around the track but this thing was just as much fun and handled the tight turns very well.

Nice! I really want to try the fireteam tires on my talion. Maybe one day I'll go to jenny's and get em.

So if Arrma had a job opening for product development, you would get my vote!

Nice job!

Not sure I'd go quite that far but I am a tinkerer at heart. I grew up wrenching on bikes and raced mtb's during the peak of the anodized era of the 90's. I think I am incapable of leaving well enough alone. Once I realized the Fireteam was a bloated version of the Talion XL (that I considered building) my mindset and perspective changed as well as what I wanted from it. The FT is still largely stock and there is still plenty of room for improvement but I am really excited with the results thus far.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back