Fireteam Fireteam hexes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I think this good news. The arrma website says they are compatible with the outcast, kratons, notorious and talions. I think remplacing mine with them

C91839A2-E087-47A6-A331-DAC83A93CE0C.png

2DB1D2D0-0F32-4F09-9FBA-AE79BD4DBA43.png

A8AC24A2-A5C7-4DF3-8035-D625D67D8E9E.png

6CEAB4D1-47F2-43C7-AB4D-E88352C6548C.jpeg
DCFE1AC5-B719-47D7-9B3B-4476CAA04A17.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd be surprised that they'll be compatible with the other rigs 🤔 the hex looks like it has an extended offset. Are the axles the same?

Edit: I've just checked - they have different part numbers for the hexes, hubs and axles. Have you tried them on your other rigs yet? I seriously doubt they will be interchangeable unless you change all of the parts I mentioned

Last edited:
I tried it on my Fireteam when I switched it to kraton hubs and it was a very very very tight fit with the pin. I suppose you could just sand down the pin or maybe something wasnt sitting right. But it was squeezing the bearings and making it not spin freely as well, I'm going to try again just to check for myself. Also the website says for kraton, Mojave, talion, doesn't say outcast or notorious or even Fireteam lol so that's interesting

Last edited:
I tried it on my Fireteam when I switched it to kraton hubs and it was a very very very tight fit with the pin. I suppose you could just sand down the pin or maybe something wasnt sitting right. But it was squeezing the bearings and making it not spin freely as well, I'm going to try again just to check for myself. Also the website says for kraton, Mojave, talion, doesn't say outcast or notorious or even Fireteam lol so that's interesting
I wouldn't take anything in regards to compatibility on the website for gospel. Not even the exploded view part numbers are 100% accurate. I've noticed some discrepancies before but they usually get corrected

Interesting, following.

The offset look the same to me, the front of the hex is in the same place, but the hex is thicker in the back. Should be great for Backflip rims, they get stuck with the thin hexes.

Also, checking JRC, the wheel hubs look more like the narrow Typhon/Talion hub. But also looks "wrong"? Is it a new part? I have not checked part numbers. But, using the skinny hub with the wide hex is a combo Arrma has not used, yet, I think.

using the skinny hub with the wide hex is a combo Arrma has not used, yet, I think.
It was used from the start (V1), on the Talion.
That combination (the short hub but the long hex) uses a distinct axle length that again, was used only on the Talion until now.

That combination (the short hub but the long hex) uses a distinct axle length that again, was used only on the Talion until now.
Damn I had no idea the talion had a different stub axle length until now. That makes a lot of sense, thank you sir

Didn't know that. I have a V1 Talion, and it used the same narrow hubs, axle, and hex as the Typhon.

Weird,
Didn't know that. I have a V1 Talion, and it used the same narrow hubs, axle, and hex as the Typhon.
Weird, i just confirmed on Arrma's site, both the V1 and the V2 part list page shows the "Talion" axles and +3 hexes, so maybe you bought it second hand?
The V3 uses it for sure as it's the one i have.

definitely. How much do they cost?
14usd on jennys
I'd be surprised that they'll be compatible with the other rigs 🤔 the hex looks like it has an extended offset. Are the axles the same?

Edit: I've just checked - they have different part numbers for the hexes, hubs and axles. Have you tried them on your other rigs yet? I seriously doubt they will be interchangeable unless you change all of the parts I mentioned

The arrma website says yes(take it for what it is)
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA311117 they are 16.5mm long like the others
The axles look the same in offset and total length

I did the duperbash widening mod with HR knuckles, rear hubs, and Kraton axles……all while using the stock hex that comes with the fireteam. This tells me the new wide hex should work on most of the 6s rigs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back