Fireteam Talion XL from Fireteam MT build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the Proline 2015 Silverado with a 13.9 inch wheelbase. The overall length is 21 inches and it sits exactly perfect between the stock bumpers. Temp outside is in the mid 50s now so I'm ready to get started painting. Gun metal and black with flames. I've got a few reds/orange/yellow options I'll pick from
once I see how the other colors look.

Woohoo!!! Painted and mostly trimmed, still needs decals. Here's a quick shot for this thread, I'll do a full thread on it in the paint and body forum later tonight.

20230317_162727.jpg

Woohoo!!! Painted and mostly trimmed, still needs decals. Here's a quick shot for this thread, I'll do a full thread on it in the paint and body forum later tonight.

View attachment 286198
That looks awesome!!! Do the tires rub on full tilt? So cool!

Tires are the Backflip LPs and no problems rubbing. I want a set of full size Backflips also, I have the Kraton hexes hubs and axles if I need a little more room.
Can't believe how perfect this body fits!!!

20230315_214128.jpg

20230315_214138.jpg

Took it out again yesterday, broke again, front center brace mount snapped on a front wheel landing from a small jump about 2-3 feet not going fast. That is on 4s going easy on it because I don't want to break it.

Just one of those days when I have to fight the urge to stop on my way back to the car with it and drop it in a trash can!😳😏

If I want another Arrma I'll build it from scratch with quality parts and skip all the fragile stock crap.🤣

Last edited:
Is that front center brace mount the same across the 6s line? Maybe just a little unlucky in the QA/QC lottery?

Agree though, worst feeling when you spend all that time on a rig and don't even get half a battery through it before it breaks...

Yes, same on all of them. Thing is I'm almost afraid to bash this thing hard because it has broken so easily almost every time I'm out. Front dogbone, diff pinion, front gearbox, center diff front mount, rear suspension pin mount, shock standoff, and now center brace mount. I've on taken it out to bash 6 or 7 times since Christmas, only 2 packs of 6s, the rest on 4s.

I think I'd be better off next time getting the suspension arms/hubs/dogbones &the battery tray/receiver box from Jenny's, then most of the rest just buy the upgrades to start with. I already did one scratch build for my Bandit to skip most of the stock parts I would upgrade. Would be easy to do with any 6s Arrma rig.

IMO, Traxxas and Arrma have some great platforms, but stock quality has disappointed me. My Typhon 6s broke the least out of the box and was good quality in stock form. The rest need some work! lol

Last edited:
Ordered front and rear aluminum center brace mounts and a carbon fiber center brace, hope that will buy me some time before I need to get an M2C chassis. 🤣
I'm in it for the long haul on this build. If it breaks it will be fixed/upgraded until I like damn it!:p:ROFLMAO:

Ordered front and rear aluminum center brace mounts and a carbon fiber center brace, hope that will buy me some time before I need to get an M2C chassis. 🤣
I'm in it for the long haul on this build. If it breaks it will be fixed/upgraded until I like damn it!:p:ROFLMAO:
There’s been quite a few parts that I felt needed upgraded for durability that come included on the EXB Mojave. You might have good luck heading over to Jennysrc and grabbing some EXB parts. The shock towers, diffs, diff gears, and braces were top of my list. If you want to really have some fun, pick up the Kraton axles while you’re there and get the Treal front and rear Kraton hubs. It corners better now, and the triple bearing design is legit.

I've got the Kraton hubs/axles/hexes from when I truggified my Typhon. I do want to try them on the FT, but was wanting to get a good 20-25 battery packs run before I widen it just to have a good idea of what each handles like. So far the FT has been chewing up the terrain with ease as it is, will be fun to see how the wider setup handles in comparison.

I've got the Kraton hubs/axles/hexes from when I truggified my Typhon. I do want to try them on the FT, but was wanting to get a good 20-25 battery packs run before I widen it just to have a good idea of what each handles like. So far the FT has been chewing up the terrain with ease as it is, will be fun to see how the wider setup handles in comparison.
I just ordered the last few parts I need to truggify Typhon number 2 of 3 but I was actually considering throwing them on my FT to make it even wider but I am not sure it is really needed on the street where I spend 99% of my time.

I just ordered the last few parts I need to truggify Typhon number 2 of 3 but I was actually considering throwing them on my FT to make it even wider but I am not sure it is really needed on the street where I spend 99% of my time.
I didn’t really find it necessary on the street, it slides pretty well. In the backyard it has a tendency to roll if I turn too fast. That has been significantly reduced since widening.

Had the FT out today...

I call it the Rich Duperdash setup since I saw his post and bashing that FT setup...then on top of that I have the M2C 5mm hext extenders.... it is well planted and balanced like a cat she stays on her feet...bashing full power slides keeps her from tipping.

I love the setup!

FYI: It does require the Kraton steering turnbuckles the FT are too long unless you want to adjust them and you can.

Pic of the Kraton hubs
1680495632730.png

Since I have the same Kraton hubs but I went aluminium version. See the shorted Kraton turnbuckles.
1680495828568.png

Ohh, I did not know this so thx. 👍
If you use the Kraton hubs, you can swap the wings I call them. This is the metal on the side of the hubs the steering link connect to. If you look at the exploded view the steering links are different sizes.

However the Kraton EXB steering links are beefier and stronger.

If you use the Kraton hubs, you can swap the wings I call them. This is the metal on the side of the hubs the steering link connect to. If you look at the exploded view the steering links are different sizes.

However the Kraton EXB steering links are beefier and stronger.
Nice, now I wish I would have waited a day to place that Jennys order. :facepalm:

Should be a little tougher now. Added aluminum front and rear mounts to a new carbon fiber tower brace from ebay that @MMoelmann recommended. Needed 1 suspension arm shim for each mount and now it's super solid.👍
Also swapped to the EXB bumper to run with my truck body after @SrC pointed out the FT front bumper is a lot weaker without the FT body locked in with it.

It's been raining almost every time I've had a chance to bash lately but hoping to give it another bash soon. 😎

20230406_200328.jpg

20230406_200407.jpg

20230406_200424.jpg

20230406_200445.jpg

Looks awesome! I had to shim my center carbon brace the same as you did. But it is strong.
I'm doing some final tweaks on my FT right now also. I love working on this thing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back