Fireteam Fireteam rear diff outdrives are starting to wear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
I've had my FT since July 2022, and many bashes with it. It has the stock 2050kv motor running the stock diff oils. Doing some normal cleanup after a bash and noticed after all these months the rear outdrives and starting to eat in a bit. Nothing as bad as my Kraton EXB. The Kraton EXB was eaten into after a few runs, but that was with a 1650kv motor. M2C outdrives for the Kraton have been solid no wear at all.

Has anyone seen this rear outdrives begin to show this? M2C offers non-EXB outdrives that should be stronger. Anyone using or trying these?

With this setup, I can still go another 6-7 months at this low wear rate. The Kraton was worse but curious about what others are seeing (for those FT owners that have some time with it) and if they made a change.

1674025548617.png

I still haven’t run my FT yet.
But with the other cars I swap left and right outdrives to even the wear so you can get more runtime out of the them.
The wear in your pic is minimal if that’s the result of about 6 months of bashing that pretty good.
You can at least double that wear and also swap left and right so you should be able to still use them for about 3x6 months😉.

I still haven’t run my FT yet.
But with the other cars I swap left and right outdrives to even the wear so you can get more runtime out of the them.
The wear in your pic is minimal if that’s the result of about 6 months of bashing that pretty good.
You can at least double that wear and also swap left and right so you should be able to still use them for about 3x6 months😉.
I realized I could do this a few weeks ago and I felt so smart :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I realized I could do this a few weeks ago and I felt so smart :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I also like thinking how to get more runtime out of parts. ;)
I bought a driveshaft/CVD pin replacement tool, which lets you replace the 3mm driveshaft pint (I replace them with Mugen Seiki pins). Sometimes only the pins show wear whereas the shaft itself is still in very good conditon. Those pins cost a fraction of the price of a new shaft.(y)
I found the tool on ebay made by a someone instead of going for a much more expensive branded tool, from Mugen or Hudy.

Dang. Mine were twice as bad after only 6 runs.... I swapped to the M2C #3185 outdrives but haven't had any runs on them yet. Will update after 5-6 runs and see. They are suppose to be much harder steel So we will see. You cannot run the little rubber bumpers inside them anymore.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back