Fireteam Fireteam rear differential slipping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wampolec

Reaction score
So not even a full battery pack through and my rear diff was slipping so bad it wouldn't even spin the tires. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Upon further inspection, it threw the right rear dog bone. Wtf. Literally like 15 minutes of play. Going easy too as we were getting used to the car.

Last edited:
After about 15 minutes of easy driving (no big jumps, no big crashes, etc.) The right rear a arm failed. Whoever Jason H. Is with arrma technical support is should be fired. His customer service skills are less than 0. Thanks to Jason w. At arrma customer support for sending a replacement part, however, I was unable to use this vehicle for 5 days waiting for parts. Arrma/horizon hobby quality control needs to step up big time before before I buy again. I've bought 4 cars from them and this is by far the most expensive, but the quickest to break.

attached pics of the chassis so you can see how new it is, the scratches were from doing a small jump off a 6 inch curb pointy the road, so it barely dragged on the blacktop.

if someone from horizon hobby read this I hope you will remove Jason h. From your employ or give him some serious retraining.
20221212_080547.jpg

20221212_074027.jpg

20221212_074029.jpg

I'm not trying to be mean but those a arms don't break from just normal driving. You hit something with it. Stop blaming Arrma for your mistakes.

I'm saying it was defective. A failure from quality control. I promise you, as a former military officer for over 14 years, I did not hit anything.

I'm saying it was defective. A failure from quality control. I promise you, as a former military officer for over 14 years, I did not hit anything.
Sure looks like a stress crack notice how it's all crooked and uneven, if it was a manufacturing defect the crack would be straight. That is exactly how my rear a arm looked when I was doing backflips off a tree and landed ass first on the rear wheel.

Screenshot_20221212_084052_Chrome.jpg

Sure looks like a stress crack notice how it's all crooked and uneven, if it was a manufacturing defect the crack would be straight. That is exactly how my rear a arm looked when I was doing backflips off a tree and landed ass first on the rear wheel.

View attachment 262150
I know from experience that is from user error. Unless someone drove into a wall before they shipped it to you. Maybe someone drove it behind @wampolec 's back? I too thought maybe an insert fell out and the driveshaft ears spun around violently and tore the plastic up creating a weak point.

+1 for arrma hinge pins! So tough they pull through hardened molded plastic arms! 🤣

Looks like a tire bit the curb and took out the arm to me.
It takes some seriously hard hits to break the a arms on the rear of these cars. I've broken maybe 4 since 2017.

@wampolec,
unfortunately these RC cars are not Mil-spec scale vehicles that you are accustomed to.. I hope you didn't think your FT was representative of them. Yes, the FT is equipped with long arms /rifles. But they don't work either. These are toys that can break and easily repairable, even the longarm rifles.
Common for Control Arms to break. Absolutely user error. Sometimes from a hit/strike way prior ( stress cracked it...) Then that next simple perfect landing will rip out the Arm. I broke same arms in the same fashion. User error. I owned up to it. Bought another set.
5 days is realistic for shipping. And was it for Free under warranty? or Not? User error should not justify being warranteed. User error is Not a defect.
Jason works for Horizon Hobby, not Arrma UK. A great guy I imagaine. He hooked you up.:rolleyes:
You will be breaking much more. Need to get used to the concept of Hobby grade rigs being repaired. Or frustration of this Hobby will eat you alive.

What other Arrma rigs do you own?
If you were running in very cold ambient climates, plastic will get brittle and break easily. Even a love tap can break many plastics. Just saying. Food for thought.

Last edited:
That is strange. I wonder if the insert in the diff cup is missing. :unsure:

Sorry I don't have pictures of what it should look like in the cup or even know where mine are as I removed mine when I put cvds in the rear, https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/diff-outdrive-insert/ARA311028.html
The diff cup rubber insert is irrelevant to the OP's issue. IMHO. I added them to all my OG 6s rigs at the rear inut cups.. They are are good to have. Its considered an EXB option part, but now included with all the V5 RTR rigs, not just the EXB rigs.
My FT had them in place out the box. Look closely as they are hard to see. But should be there. Keeps the rear dog bone in a better position and less dog bone chatter noise IMHO using them. I experimented with using them at the front CVD axels, NG. Only use them at the Rear.

I highly suggest that droop be adjusted properly, as this will help keep the rear axels/bones from popping out while also keeping the Shock ends from snapping off at extreme rebound stroke. This is all related to the Dog bones popping out. FT has the droop at its minimal setting out the box. NG.

Last edited:
The diff cup insert is irrelevant to the OP's issue. IMHO.
I realize that now. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.
@wampolec,
unfortunately these RC cars are not Mil-spec scale vehicles that you are accustomed to.. I hope you didn't think your FT was representative of them. Yes, the FT is equipped with long arms /rifles. But they don't work either. These are toys that can break and easily repairable, even the longarm rifles.
Common for Control Arms to break. Absolutely user error. Sometimes from a hit/strike way prior ( stress cracked it...) Then that next simple perfect landing will rip out the Arm. I broke same arms in the same fashion. User error. I owned up to it. Bought another set.
5 days is realistic for shipping. And was it for Free under warranty? or Not? User error should not justify being warranteed. User error is Not a defect.
Jason works for Horizon Hobby, not Arrma UK. A great guy I imagaine. He hooked you up.:rolleyes:
You will be breaking much more. Need to get used to the concept of Hobby grade rigs being repaired. Or frustration of this Hobby will eat you alive.

What other Arrma rigs do you own?
If you were running in very cold ambient climates, plastic will get brittle and break easily. Even a love tap can break many plastics. Just saying. Food for thought.

Looking at the last picture you can clearly tell it was an ass first landing on the passenger side wheel by the way the a arm ripped.

I break poop all the time. I own up to it and move on. I don't try to get Arrma/Horizon to compensate me for when I screw up then piss and moan because they wouldn't help me.

Last edited:
I think Jason at HH was getting frustrated with the OP. So the OP's experience with HH tech support was not a good one?:unsure:
No one usually asks to warranty a broken "Arm" or any plastic part that is clearly due to User Error. :rolleyes:

I think Jason at HH was getting frustrated with the OP. So the OP's experience with HH tech support was not a good one?:unsure:
No one usually asks to warranty a broken "Arm" or any plastic part that is clearly due to User Error. :rolleyes:
Maybe I should hit Jason up and ask for some arms...I literally ran into the broadside of a barn the other day and broke an upper front. lol 😏

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back