Fireteam Shock Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomwatez

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey there new to the forum, new to Arrma. I purchased the Fireteam only ran it once and noticed everytime I went to jump a curb into the dirt it wanted to tumble end over end and run through about 5-7 cartwheels. I reached out to HH and they let me know that the shock had been bent to wear and tear. Okay, so I jacked it up I get it.
Well Arrma newbie here getting ready to take off the shock and have the top bolt and nut off but without breaking it I’m not sure how to take the bottom pin out. Sorry for the newbie question, but how do I take that bottom pin out? Also what shock do you recommend running on the front?

image.jpg

Hey there new to the forum, new to Arrma. I purchased the Fireteam only ran it once and noticed everytime I went to jump a curb into the dirt it wanted to tumble end over end and run through about 5-7 cartwheels. I reached out to HH and they let me know that the shock had been bent to wear and tear. Okay, so I jacked it up I get it.
Well Arrma newbie here getting ready to take off the shock and have the top bolt and nut off but without breaking it I’m not sure how to take the bottom pin out. Sorry for the newbie question, but how do I take that bottom pin out? Also what shock do you recommend running on the front?

View attachment 233447
There is a retaining screw behind where shock attaches to the arm, loosen the screw and the pin should be easy to pop out with a flathead screwdriver.

The stock shocks are very good. Really don't need to change to anything else. You will bend shafts from time to time but once you gain some skill you won't tumble so much. Plus donwside of fireteam is it's heavy so more chance of hurting stuff but it's a great truck. I used to take out shafts and beat them with a hammer but now I don't! Lol. Driveshafts too, beat those pesky things with a hammer as well many times

btw, most 6s will cartwheel over curbs. It's not a fireteam issue (although thin stock center diff fluid can definitely make them less controllable in the air). A curb is so short that the front wheels are already in the air when the rear wheels hit it so there's nothing resisting it cartwheeling from that rear wheel hit.

When I first got my Kraton , I did may tumbles , cartwheels , etc. Broke a lot of parts. Now that I have a lot more driving experience , most of my landings are way smoother. The fire team is a little heavier, but handles much the same way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back