Fireteam shock towers on V5 Kraton. Possible?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyoto

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave
  3. Typhon TLR
Was looking into aftermarket shock towers for my v5 kraton and realized they’re very similar to the fireteam’s shock towers. Anyone know if it’s a direct fit?

The Fireteam towers are not 7075. They are super cheap (from jenny's) because no one wants them because they definitely bend pretty easy. I bent mine and I'm kind of a baby when it comes to hard core bashing.

I think a fireteam set is like $6 from jennys because no one wants them. So depending how hard you drive, maybe you can stock up with spares at that price and keep replacing as needed.

The Fireteam towers are not 7075. They are super cheap (from jenny's) because no one wants them because they definitely bend pretty easy. I bent mine and I'm kind of a baby when it comes to hard core bashing.

I think a fireteam set is like $6 from jennys because no one wants them. So depending how hard you drive, maybe you can stock up with spares at that price and keep replacing as needed.
Was planning on getting m2c’s new set of 7075 fireteam shock towers. Thanks for the heads up though
Aren’t they the same thing?
From what i see yes but when i look at the part numbers, it is different

FWIW, I installed K6 EXB shock towers on my Fireteam, so they should be interchangeable. That being said, why not just order some K6 exb towers? They are good enough in my opinion.

FWIW, I installed K6 EXB shock towers on my Fireteam, so they should be interchangeable. That being said, why not just order some K6 exb towers? They are good enough in my opinion.
Just wanted to try out m2c’s new shock towers and honestly just love the way they look over their v5 kraton option

To me just looking at the Fireteam and Kraton EXB towers side by side they look the same aside from the color and the thickness.

I know they will physically fit but I was also curious about more specific differences. Are the shock mounting holes in the same position? From looking at the M2C website the Fireteam towers look to be thicker and have an extra hole near the center. Is the extra hole for some sort of Fireteam specific bumper or body mount? I haven't really looked at a Fireteam up close.

I know the fireteam body has a bracket that fits very specifically on the Fireteam shock towers. I have.... sorry... i can't remember - Kraton EXB or Mojave EXB towers - on mine, that fit perfectly fine, except they make it a little harder to get the body pins in - since the upper contour of the shock tower is slightly different, and it takes a little pressing to get the body pins in. But it's not terrible, and it definitely will fit. Just a tiny bit more sketchy to get the pins in for me.

I know they will physically fit but I was also curious about more specific differences. Are the shock mounting holes in the same position? From looking at the M2C website the Fireteam towers look to be thicker and have an extra hole near the center. Is the extra hole for some sort of Fireteam specific bumper or body mount? I haven't really looked at a Fireteam up close.

There are a lot of unused holes on the Fireteam shock towers I have noticed. I can tear my Fireteam and Outcast apart but you will have to wait until tomorrow evening. I have to go to bed to be up by 4:30 I get off at work at 2:30 and I am going to donate plasma after work I'm not supposed to lift anything heavy for 4 hours afterwards but I will do my best. Unless someone else already has a set laying around that they can show.

These are the rears, the black one is the Fireteam and the red one is the EXB shock tower for the Kraton, Outcast and Notorious.

1675901604502.jpeg

The shock towers stacked on top of each other.

1675901641664.jpeg

Every hole you need is 100% in the same spot. The Fireteam shock tower just has extra holes and the ears are a different shape.

These are the rears, the black one is the Fireteam and the red one is the EXB shock tower for the Kraton, Outcast and Notorious.

View attachment 276748

View attachment 276749

Every hole you need is 100% in the same spot. The Fireteam shock tower just has extra holes and the ears are a different shape.
And you have to press down a little harder to get the body pins through the holes in the body mounts, if you’re using the fire team body. Or you could shave the little plastic bracket that sits on that top of the shock tower to get the body to sit a little lower.

And you have to press down a little harder to get the body pins through the holes in the body mounts, if you’re using the fire team body. Or you could shave the little plastic bracket that sits on that top of the shock tower to get the body to sit a little lower.
He wants to use the M2C Firestorm shock towers on his Kraton.

View attachment 276748

View attachment 276749

Thank you for taking the time to snap some pics. Do the front ones have raised ears as well? Might interfere with the Kraton body.

Thank you for taking the time to snap some pics. Do the front ones have raised ears as well? Might interfere with the Kraton body.
No the only difference is the center part between the ears is squared off on the Fireteam shock towers whereas with the Kraton is is curved. I honestly do not understand why there are so many friggin holes in the Fireteam shock tower.

1675911651564.jpeg

1675911670635.jpeg

FWIW, I had to shave the body “ seat” part at the rear to fit the body over the EXB shock tower like @chilly81 mentioned above. The EXB tower sits a few mm above the stock FT shock tower.

View attachment 276748

View attachment 276749

Four holes on each side for body mounts instead of two. Fronts work fine, but rear will mean raising the body posts to compensate for the lower mount position. Ask me how I found this post @slick2500 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back