Fireteam Fireteam Upper Arm Slop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinC

Flyboy, Cat Hoarder, Tiger Tamer, Party Crasher.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Talion
  8. Talion EXB
Hi Arrma nation.

Just finished installing the Kraton EXB front and rear shock towers on the Fireteam. I always noticed that there was a fair bit of slop in the upper A arms prior to this change…..so when I’m putting the new towers in I consulted the exploded view and noticed that the “fat” plastic spacer (circled in green below) was placed in the wrong position from the factory. This “fat” spacer was installed in tandem with the other two “skinny” spacers aft of the A arm. So, three spacers stacked against each other.

348B20E6-8E41-4420-9EAA-3F2BC3B4ADD9.jpeg

So I put the fat spacer in the proper position, as depicted above…….and BAM…..no more slop. I know it makes no sense because the space and slop should theoretically be the same…..but it ain’t.

Check your rigs, make sure your schits in the right place..

cheers,
kev

Hi Arrma nation.

Just finished installing the Kraton EXB front and rear shock towers on the Fireteam. I always noticed that there was a fair bit of slop in the upper A arms prior to this change…..so when I’m putting the new towers in I consulted the exploded view and noticed that the “fat” plastic spacer (circled in green below) was placed in the wrong position from the factory. This “fat” spacer was installed in tandem with the other two “skinny” spacers aft of the A arm. So, three spacers stacked against each other.

View attachment 203670

So I put the fat spacer in the proper position, as depicted above…….and BAM…..no more slop. I know it makes no sense because the space and slop should theoretically be the same…..but it ain’t.

Check your rigs, make sure your schits in the right place..

cheers,
kev
Funny I noticed the same thing tonight while tightening up the servo saver. I ended up moving the spacers to match the diagram also.

Thanks for the tip! Ive been lurking on these threads for a couple weeks lately snd relaunched my RC habit with a new Fireteam and some upgrades to the K8S🤓🤓🤓 I have to say, straight from the box, the Fireteam seriously impresses!! I’m really loving the buggy and it’s giving my 8S Mojave a bit of a complex because it’s just so damn easy to drive! Always lands on its feet.

My upper arms were shimmed just right, I got the chance to inspect more closely after the inaugural breakage of its first part; a snapped ball joint from a sticky tree trunk that reached out grabbed hold of the front tire as I whizzed by.

I’ll follow with pics, but wanted to see if you or any of the Arrma stalwarts here in the forum has tried one of these bash/collision kits from RC Bash Co

Last note, in shoutout to @KevinC, I got into the Blanton’s the other night and woke up with a Losi DB XL2 on the way here. I paced around my house for a week while waiting, taking serious stock of inventory and whether or not I’d be able to take on another 1/5 class truck and ultimately did the unthinkable: I returned it unopened until such time as I’m able to give it the attention it will need. I’ve already bought a roller chassis to build up for a second Fireteam and my obsession with the thing so far shows me that I have a lot of love to give this new baby. But funny how drunk Dan’s mind always goes toward just this one forbidden fruit outside of the Arrma sanctuary. I’ve never really wanted a Traxxas, but I’ve been jealous of your Losi since building up my K8S in 2020. Does it still outperform your K8S?

11263969-AB78-40C9-9719-BFAAB0279933.jpeg

79056307-E7FB-4DFF-B65F-2B8F2DFD8E7F.jpeg

F2E26BEA-F1F8-48B6-9831-4FCB4F51DBBC.jpeg

A06F3394-E7DA-40F4-B7FA-B1B64B2F308A.jpeg

Thanks for the tip! Ive been lurking on these threads for a couple weeks lately snd relaunched my RC habit with a new Fireteam and some upgrades to the K8S🤓🤓🤓 I have to say, straight from the box, the Fireteam seriously impresses!! I’m really loving the buggy and it’s giving my 8S Mojave a bit of a complex because it’s just so damn easy to drive! Always lands on its feet.

My upper arms were shimmed just right, I got the chance to inspect more closely after the inaugural breakage of its first part; a snapped ball joint from a sticky tree trunk that reached out grabbed hold of the front tire as I whizzed by.

I’ll follow with pics, but wanted to see if you or any of the Arrma stalwarts here in the forum has tried one of these bash/collision kits from RC Bash Co

Last note, in shoutout to @KevinC, I got into the Blanton’s the other night and woke up with a Losi DB XL2 on the way here. I paced around my house for a week while waiting, taking serious stock of inventory and whether or not I’d be able to take on another 1/5 class truck and ultimately did the unthinkable: I returned it unopened until such time as I’m able to give it the attention it will need. I’ve already bought a roller chassis to build up for a second Fireteam and my obsession with the thing so far shows me that I have a lot of love to give this new baby. But funny how drunk Dan’s mind always goes toward just this one forbidden fruit outside of the Arrma sanctuary. I’ve never really wanted a Traxxas, but I’ve been jealous of your Losi since building up my K8S in 2020. Does it still outperform your K8S?

Haven’t seen you on the forum for a while. Where ya been? I always order stuff while drinking……it’s just that much more exciting.

I wouldn’t say it outperforms the K8, just different.……still a boatload of fun.

Yes the Fireteam, very cool rig in my opinion although I’ve only done a few shakedowns in the cul de sac here. I don’t do winter bashing. Big plans for this rig. It’s cool you got a roller chassis. I suspect the stock one won’t last too long under the “wrong “ conditions. I picked up an M2C one last week in anticipation.

Those bash bars look really neat and blingy, I’ll check them out. Do you have them in house yet?

cheers,
kev

Ps. @Order66
I made the Fireteam wider by adding the K6 stub axles, steering knuckles and rear hubs (hot racing bling). Stock, the fireteam is Talion width……
I like a wider stance so I took a cue from Duperbash on this modification.

Ps. @Order66
I made the Fireteam wider by adding the K6 stub axles, steering knuckles and rear hubs (hot racing bling). Stock, the fireteam is Talion width……
I like a wider stance so I took a cue from Duperbash on this modification.
How does it drive now that you did this? I’ve heard it effects steering for the worse.

How does it drive now that you did this? I’ve heard it effects steering for the worse.
I did the same mod....steering is spot on, and the width change is small.

I add with all the silver metal steering servo the extra washers to make it tighter, Talion EXB, Kraton, EXB, FT. IMHO this makes the biggest and needed change for better L/R steering for off-road bashing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back