Fireteam Fireteam Voodoo Ranger Rat Rod body panel idea.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilly81

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Typhon 3s
Personally I like how the fireteam looks (except the guys) and the body cage is proving to be pretty durable. But those paper thin crap body panels shred and pop through the bolts (mainly the rear one) almost instantly.

No way I'm buying a $50 set of Front/Top/Rear panels every 5 packs, and I'd hate to give up the cage and just throw on a normal body. So I'm giving this a try. Bear in mind, I like the rat rods and demolition derby look so YYMV.

There's tons of little bolt holes all over the frame, many aren't even used yet. So I just threw this beer can with gorilla tape on the back (and around the sharp edges). It will at least be a way to keep a little dirt out Doubt it provides much structure. But this first try at least, if it doesn't stick out the back like the stock panel - and that's why the stock panel gets trashed - it crumples because it sticks out and takes the impact in cartwheels.

Anyway - just something to try. I'll see how it holds up and hopefully can replace the other panels that are about to fall off once they do.

IMG_20220717_214454.jpg

IMG_20220717_214500.jpg

Personally I like how the fireteam looks (except the guys) and the body cage is proving to be pretty durable. But those paper thin crap body panels shred and pop through the bolts (mainly the rear one) almost instantly.

No way I'm buying a $50 set of Front/Top/Rear panels every 5 packs, and I'd hate to give up the cage and just throw on a normal body. So I'm giving this a try. Bear in mind, I like the rat rods and demolition derby look so YYMV.

There's tons of little bolt holes all over the frame, many aren't even used yet. So I just threw this beer can with gorilla tape on the back (and around the sharp edges). It will at least be a way to keep a little dirt out Doubt it provides much structure. But this first try at least, if it doesn't stick out the back like the stock panel - and that's why the stock panel gets trashed - it crumples because it sticks out and takes the impact in cartwheels.

Anyway - just something to try. I'll see how it holds up and hopefully can replace the other panels that are about to fall off once they do.

View attachment 230274

View attachment 230275
Nice

With ya.... I removed the men out of my FT and put a net around the cage. Like seeing these posts on the FT wish there were more

Nice

With ya.... I removed the men out of my FT and put a net around the cage. Like seeing these posts on the FT wish there were more
I'd put some old school GI Joe's in there!! Cuz Knowing is half the battle!! 😁

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back