Fireteam Fireteam...Well I thought I would get one, and give my Opinion and how I set mine up. Staying very stock'ish.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the same. Just make panels out of Lexan sheets. The Crawler crowd do that with their custom Cages.

One very first roll over for me, split screw holes on every panel except the roof. And I even reinforced most of them with longer back nutted screws and washers and Gorilla tape under the front and rear panels. Even double layered it. All that tape made it heavier too. Did all this before my first run. The rear panels are the weak spot IMHO. I installed a T-Bone Mojave front bumper at the Rear. But Lawn dart it a few times and the front panels are also toast. The Clear panels cost a bunch. My FT front hood panel came with 2 split holes out the Box. HH warranteed me the set. I may use them as templates and make my own. There are plenty enough holes all over that Roll Cage to get creative. I would hate to remove the whole cage completely for a regular lexan body. The cage adds structural rigidity to the chassis and makes this model look very different than the other 6s Arrmas. Just without any body panels, the cage is very flexy. Loses strength IMHO.
I noticed that it was very flimsy without the panels as well.
Gigante bodyshell is a nice body. The other thing you could try is, you could make some CF panels.

I don't really like the looks of the Gigante compared to the F150 Super Cab or the Vintage body. It looks like a Cadillac Escalade and Dodge Ram had a baby.

I just did a google search and see that JayTee recently did a FireTeam MT conversion with a Losi 3XL-E body. I had unsub'd from him cuz he was posting a bunch of shorts and blowing up my subscription feed IIRC.

That body though... Doesn't look right..

Fireteam getting discontinued i believe not happening if thats the case
Ahh, I did not know that but it explains the blowout sale last fall I suppose. I ain't complaining, I just want to figure out a good way to get rid of that stock body/cage thing cuz it weighs over a pound IIRC.

Fireteam getting discontinued i believe not happening if thats the case
I don't think they are discontinuing the Fireteam, if they were going to they would have sold out of Fireteams and discontinued it after the sale. This does not fit Horizons MO on fire sales at all.

I believe he was referring to the exb kraton rtr they used to have. Now they only stock the exb as a roller.
They never made a rtr EXB Kraton. The only RTR EXBs are the Outcast and the Talion.

Oops, my bad. Arrma newb as of last September so I obviously remembered wrong from YT videos in the past. Carry on. :shame:

I tore down the new slider i bought off a friend and noticed a few things on it. The spacers up on top for the front upper arms were all on the rear side on this model and I had to shim the diffs outside the cup to make them smooth even though there were shims on both sides already. Extra shim to the inside to take up slop led to it locking the diff.

I tore down the new slider i bought off a friend and noticed a few things on it. The spacers up on top for the front upper arms were all on the rear side on this model and I had to shim the diffs outside the cup to make them smooth even though there were shims on both sides already. Extra shim to the inside to take up slop led to it locking the diff.
They are supposed to be all on the rear of the upper a arms. They did this to make the handling of the car different than the others.

1674880271069.png

I already broke most of the body panels on mine so I took them all off and removed the solders as well. I was gonna buy new body panels but once I saw the price I said screw that I'll just get the damn HPI Savage XL Vintage body and call it a day.

View attachment 273268

-edit- **** **** **** **** the Vintage body is now out of stock everywhere except for one hobby shop in Australia that wants $104.40 for the damn thing. I'm going to have to settle for the Gigante unless they go out of stock too.....................

-edit2- I found a F-150 Supercab, but it's from RC Mart..............and shipping is $42.55..............................

The "Skeleton" fireteam looks awesome! one of my fav rc's I had was an Axial Exo Terra without the panels / just the cage and yours has same look

where I'm at no more retail fireteams for sale, just "used" market and peeps are listing them for like $700+ (CND), many nib. I guess they bought while on sale and hoping to flip it for some profit lol

The "Skeleton" fireteam looks awesome! one of my fav rc's I had was an Axial Exo Terra without the panels / just the cage and yours has same look

where I'm at no more retail fireteams for sale, just "used" market and peeps are listing them for like $700+ (CND), many nib. I guess they bought while on sale and hoping to flip it for some profit lol
The rollers were going for super cheap on eBay for a while here.

The exb kraton was on sale like 3 times
Before it got discontinued
The Mojo EXB is what defintely got discontinued. I think AMZ still has some left? Kraton RTR or EXB is still a big seller for HH. The K-EXB is here to stay IMO.
That Big FT $400. sale during the holidays was an attempt to prompt sales of newly received China Inventory and gather more exposure for the FT. IMHO.
TBH, I would have never bought a FT if not for $400. List price was way too high for me for this Arrma rig IMHO. And for many others as well. The $400. price put the FT in the hands of many now. And that $sells$ more FT parts, makes more revenue and sells incidental stuff for HH. i.e. chargers and lipos etc. I just wonder why the FT has no published "Listed" EXB parts for it yet ??? Is it because the Mojave EXB was discontinued??? IDK. :unsure:
That sucks, because you can no longer go to JennysRC and get Mojo EXB "crossover" parts for the FT any more.:mad:(n)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back