Fireteam Fireteam...Well I thought I would get one, and give my Opinion and how I set mine up. Staying very stock'ish.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just took a close look at mine again on the rear brace topic , the Hot Racing V4 Talion brace fits right over the HB . And they are keyed !

30855FB9-07FE-4669-85BA-3CD6129035F6.jpeg

3F1E8DDF-B5BC-4BD9-B074-4D1A2535ECE1.jpeg

Good to know. Is this the right part?

Hot Racing AON30C01 Aluminum Rear Chassis Brace Arrma Kraton Talion 165mm https://a.co/d/akorE3x
I don't have the orig package , but I think it's the 143 mm one , AON30CT01 with the 2 red anodized spacers ( which on the FT you do NOT use ) . Also , it looks like AON30C01 ( 165mm ) is NOT keyed .

Last edited:
The only thing that stuck out with mine was f/r diffs a little low , and motor mesh to tight as you said . Also, I used HR aluminum chassis braces from my Talion , they DO have the keyed pegs that "lock" into the chassis , AFAIK , the red EXB ones do not ???? Maybe someone can verify ???
They absolutely do not have the keyed pegs on the EXB braces. Which bugs me! Why make an upgrade part that doesn’t fit properly? The rear brace will shear the bolt off very often. I run a long screw through them so I can get the bolt out from the top side. Learned this the hard way. Getting a bolt out of one of them broke off even is damn near impossible without damaging the aluminum

image.jpg

They absolutely do not have the keyed pegs on the EXB braces. Which bugs me! Why make an upgrade part that doesn’t fit properly? The rear brace will shear the bolt off very often. I run a long screw through them so I can get the bolt out from the top side. Learned this the hard way. Getting a bolt out of one of them broke off even is damn near impossible without damaging the aluminum

View attachment 261414
So the EXB braces are just pretty looking !!! Lol The HR are better as they DO have keys .

I need a few upgrades:

-CF sleeve over the T2T brace. What I always do. T2T's do bend, unsleeved. And cheaper than buying a BQ CF upgrade one. This is a budget rig for me. Like the price it was....

Got these.
Measure the stocker T2T brace exactly . (I remove the ends) Then cut the tube and sleeve over it. I place masking tape where I mark and cut the sleeving square and straight. Don't breath the dust, as CF dust is toxic to the lungs. I've used a fine cut hack saw or a dremel.... your choice. Measure twice, cut once. I usually cut a few mm longer, then sand down the edge the last few mm, to make it perfecly the same length as the alloy brace. Screw back on the Ends after. The T2T will not bend/ or bow anymore.
Enough to do 2 rigs. All 7 of my 6s rigs have them. (The Typhon doesn't have a T2T) I've used the spare scraps to make CF spacers, or whatever.
They used to bend before I did this mod. Many did this before solid rod Upgrade CF braces were around.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RX7GURU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like Gloss CF . But they also have a matte CF. Preference is yours.

Awesome idea on the carbon fiber sleeve. So awesome that I stole it :)

I ended up ordering the 330 mm tubes as it was a little cheaper and only had to file/grind off 5 mm to get it to the right length. I didn't have a use for scraps so I decided to go this route to make trimming easier. The sleeve fits like a glove and I can see how it strengthens the whole brace.

Now I'm going to have to do this to all my other rigs.

0018A7F7-376F-4AF8-8E43-799E30DEFA4B.jpeg

Also put fiber washers under the screw of each body panel. They have enough give to conform and hopefully will spread out the stress to prevent tearing.

4B453417-0EE1-4C1C-9A29-B476ACA94F59.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 261414
It appears that the Talion braces fit??? But like you said not "Keyed to the Chassis". Tally doesn't have any keyed slots for F/R braces. I believe they never did?

It appears that the Talion braces fit??? But like you said not "Keyed to the Chassis". Tally doesn't have any keyed slots for F/R braces. I believe they never did?
The V4 Talion has " keys " in the chassis , these HR keyed braces were on my V4 RTR Talion , and are now ( LOL , were ) on my M2C Talion chassis . But " borrowed " them for my FT .

Awesome idea on the carbon fiber sleeve. So awesome that I stole it :)

I ended up ordering the 330 mm tubes as it was a little cheaper and only had to file/grind off 5 mm to get it to the right length. I didn't have a use for scraps so I decided to go this route to make trimming easier. The sleeve fits like a glove and I can see how it strengthens the whole brace.

Now I'm going to have to do this to all my other rigs.

View attachment 261447

Also put fiber washers under the screw of each body panel. They have enough give to conform and hopefully will spread out the stress to prevent tearing.

View attachment 261448
+1
I also did the same with the 330mm... sleeves were less $$. And Less waste.
Great idea with panels. Because after the many FT YT reviews I watched , seems the Panels rip out of the screws. A big complaint. Need to use washers on all the panel screws. Before they are trashed. Body panel sets are very expensive. :rolleyes: Some say the Rear panels rip out first. Some say the Fronts. I would do every screw. I started doing same, but ran out of washers last night. There are tons of tiny body screws.
Also it is advisable to use longer screws in many areas of the cage., backed up with nuts. Some panel disassembly is needed to access them. Taking the time to take the whole cage apart and starting from scratch is the best way. Just need much hardware on hand to do this. In many areas you can even add more screws if you look closely. I am not sure why there are so many unused Cage holes throughout. Like Arrma skimped somehow.:unsure:
One reviewer said his roof ripped off easily.

Last edited:
I see the confusion here. Mojave Fr/R EXB braces weren't keyed? I seen pictures of them on JennysRC. The RTR Stocker plastic braces are Keyed.
Notice that Arrm-rc.com doesn't list any EXB parts for the FT. Arrma is weird like this. So we have to base upgrades on the EXB Mojave option parts listing. And make assumptions?
Isn' the EXB Mojave discontinued?

I see the confusion here.
Notice that Arrm-rc.com doesn't list any EXB parts for the FT. Arrma is weird like this. So we have to base upgrades on the EXB Mojave option parts listing. And make assumptions?
Isn' the EXB Mojave discontinued?
Yes , it already is !! Maybe gonna come out next like the Talion EXB , .....RTR ?

Mine has that same heat shrink on the yellow wire as yours did.

1670701991978.jpeg

I bought one and ran a set of 2x3s thru it before seeing this thread. I def have some loose screws and already lost one of the screws and the wire loom/clip for the wires that run along side the motor can. I will be ordering a screw set and chassis/body bits kit from JRC (and similar for my 6s Infraction and 3s Vendetta as well).

@SrC did your body still have the film on it? And did you check your shock pistons? Both of my fronts were loose so far. I haven't even made it to the rear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back