Fireteam Fireteam.....What 2 year old put this thing together?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F-team88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
I am assuming the reason for the sale is they had 2 year olds put these together instead of the usual 12 year olds, so they saved some labor $. I am 100% to blame for some issues but man this is the first RTR I have had issues with under 10 runs.

2nd run all the steering linkages basically fell off. 5th run the motor seperated. So about the 7th run I have decided to strip it down and redo diffs and double check stuff.

The rear shock bushings ARR30483 are completely missing. So they were just riding on the stub outs, but didnt make noise because when i snugged them down after the 2nd, the plastic "cover" held them from moving.

Amain has been super awesome in sending me a new motor and understanding, but def very stern on the "it is my responsibility to check the tightness of the fasteners on the whole car" but this is very soon for it to be happening.

The bushing appear to not be available right now so I am wondering if they weren't available during assembly and were just "left out"

The outdrives! I had this issue with my e-revo v2 and was tired of replacing outdrives every 4-5 runs. It has to be my driving style. I am very "short course" style with a lot of on and off throttle, hard acceleration etc. So I have ordered some M2C ones so I hope that fixes or atleast slows down this issue.

20221215_120306.jpg
20221228_140821.jpg
20221228_140839.jpg
20221230_105552.jpg

Stripping down the diffs just now to find this.. this is what happens when you have no diff fluid in your diffs. It came out the box with probably just a drop of fluid. At first I thought it was just thin fluid when driving it. But yea this is no fluid. The outdrives are mushroomed so I cant take them out and the steel insert has seperated form the plastic housing. I am learning plenty of lessons with this car haha

20221230_122450.jpg
20221230_122445.jpg
20221230_122438.jpg

20221230_120717.jpg

Last edited:
My experience with Arrma is pretty bad overall. I got my first Arrma last year for Christmas (Typhon 3s), first run didn't even make it 5 minutes and the slipper hub cracked. Sold the 3s after about 3 or 4 months of constant problems and got a Typhon 6s. Sometimes the 6s Typhon will go a while without breaking, but still not impressive on durability.

Got a Fireteam for Christmas this year and didn't even make it 3 minutes on the first run. Went over it a lot since the weather was so bad. Filled the front and rear diffs, almost empty. Center was full. Loose screws, missing screws, esc unplugged inside the receiver box, toe in was set out on one side and in on the other, etc.

Finally got it out for a first run yesterday. I was still going easy just getting a feel for it when I ran over a hill not even knee high at less than half throttle and landed a little too nose down and rolled it over forward ONCE. Immediate grinding sound when I tried to go again. Did a quick check to rule out it being something simple like a stuck rock, driveshaft coming out, etc. but no luck. Turned it off, brought it home, threw it in storage outside until I feel like I have the patience to figure out what the issue is. Won't ever buy another Arrma or any brand RTR.

My experience with Arrma is pretty bad overall. I got my first Arrma last year for Christmas (Typhon 3s), first run didn't even make it 5 minutes and the slipper hub cracked. Sold the 3s after about 3 or 4 months of constant problems and got a Typhon 6s. Sometimes the 6s Typhon will go a while without breaking, but still not impressive on durability.

Got a Fireteam for Christmas this year and didn't even make it 3 minutes on the first run. Went over it a lot since the weather was so bad. Filled the front and rear diffs, almost empty. Center was full. Loose screws, missing screws, esc unplugged inside the receiver box, toe in was set out on one side and in on the other, etc.

Finally got it out for a first run yesterday. I was still going easy just getting a feel for it when I ran over a hill not even knee high at less than half throttle and landed a little too nose down and rolled it over forward ONCE. Immediate grinding sound when I tried to go again. Did a quick check to rule out it being something simple like a stuck rock, driveshaft coming out, etc. but no luck. Turned it off, brought it home, threw it in storage outside until I feel like I have the patience to figure out what the issue is. Won't ever buy another Arrma or any brand RTR.

I feel ya..

It reminds me the first time I used MS Windows 3.0 and all the damn headaches and random BSoD...
I swear I never touch another pre-built computer running that crap OS again..

(Famous Last Words..)

Last edited:

Check your motor. Probably seperated like mine.

I get the current climate of things, finding good help, people giving a damn about the jobs they do etc. But this is annoying. I had a baja rey 1/10 and a e-revo 2.0 that was incredibly fun to drive. But both of them were just so hard to work on and fix.

I have been wanting to dip into the larger scale for awhile and this was at a great price point. Luckily it seems this is incredibly easy to work on and once set up correctly can be really solid. So we will see. Luckily A-main has been super awesome and understanding

Arrma seriously has the worst QC in the industry. Some of us are convinced that the QC stickers are stuck on the chassis before they even assemble them. Check out @SrC thread about his Fireteam, my thread is linked in there somewhere as I had a plethora of assembly issues as well.

Arrma seriously has the worst QC in the industry. Some of us are convinced that the QC stickers are stuck on the chassis before they even assemble them.
Totally agree, the funny thing is though, we keep buying them (Arrma's)....😉😩

I just bought a HPI and I swear my next rig will be a Traxxass, no more Arrma's ( I swear 🤣 )

In all honestly..
They're probably made/assembled by forced labor (CCP 's Uyghurs assembly plants) ,so the poor souls really don't even know what they are assembling...

In all honestly..
They're probably made/assembled by forced labor (CCP 's Uyghurs assembly plants) ,so the poor souls really don't even know what they are assembling...
And they most likely have production quotas as well.

my talion EXB was really bad out of the box but the kraton v5 I just got was fine 🤷‍♂️

Arrma should do kits like tamiya does. I've only built 3, but it's so much fun building a car like that.
Not trusting QC and having to disassemble a RTR entirely is no fun at all.

I was lucky with my fireteam tbh. No major issues, not even a stuck grub in the wheelhubs

I have three Arrmas - a Typhon 3s, a Kraton 6s, and an Infraction 3s - and only the Infraction needed much maintenance right out of the box. On the Infraction, I found a boatload of loose fasteners, and the pinion was pushed as close to the spur gear as physically possible (the gears were grinding, and the vehicle could hardly move). The diff fluid level on the Typhon and the Kraton diffs was only slightly low, while the Infraction front and rear diffs were nearly empty and the center diff was only half full.

It seems like Armma QC went downhill drastically in the eight months or so between buying my Kraton and my Infraction.

I have a Talion, Fireteam and Typhon 3S. I have only had my servo take a crap on my Talion, nothing a savox can’t fix. I have some broken roof tabs on the fireteam but I’ve done nothing but run em as is. I’m a noob so I’m not sure how shimming the diffs and changing the fluid is done, but I destroyed my lower arm on the Talion and I’m upgrading the shock standoffs. Im going to fix it myself or die trying. (I’ll post the carnage on what did you break today) So many tips on how to properly fix anything and everything on here and how to watch videos. Pictures. Catalog the parts. I plan on getting into wrenching and am committed. Only replacing my shock tower on the front of my Typhon and I felt accomplished on something so simple! Slowly gathering tools. Regardless of the problems? I love this forum and Arrma. I’m thinking about a 1/5 Losi Rock Rey. I love the built in lights and how it looks. Anyone have one for feedback? But what I really want @joostin TLR Typhon. I’m working on it.

Arrma should do kits like tamiya does. I've only built 3, but it's so much fun building a car like that.
Not trusting QC and having to disassemble a RTR entirely is no fun at all.

I was lucky with my fireteam tbh. No major issues, not even a stuck grub in the wheelhubs
I want kits as much as the next guy but if crap like this makes it into the RTR vehicles then it will make it into the kits as well.

20221218_123953.jpg

I want kits as much as the next guy but if crap like this makes it into the RTR vehicles then it will make it into the kits as well.

I guess the one upside to kits is you have a chance to catch the bad parts before they go on the rig instead of having to disassemble and reassemble looking for them.

I guess the one upside to kits is you have a chance to catch the bad parts before they go on the rig instead of having to disassemble and reassemble looking for them.

It's actually Really sad..
We the consumer have been forced into this indoctrination of doing the Quality Check process for the CCP Assembly line.

We just don't realize it.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back