Fireteam Fireteam.....What 2 year old put this thing together?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the same things to mine , went through the diffs / shimmed , greased gears , checked all or most screws , and especially the pinion to spur mesh , mine was also very tight ! Had to dremel a slot on the screws , heat up and use a flat head screwdriver ton get them out . LOL , this was last November , never driven it yet !!! Soon !!!!!

I didn’t have these issues with my Fireteam (wife’s Fireteam). Everything seemed pretty ok out of the box.

Maybe had something to do with getting the first production run……who knows?
This rig is awesome (heavily upgraded now though). Wife digs it, super fast and quite durable.
Barbie heads installed a few days ago……

View attachment 317665
I like it too, it’s a blast to drive. Most of the QC issues I’ve heard were from the sale vehicles. I’m thinking they were just knocking them out too quickly in anticipation of blowing out hundreds or thousands of them at that $399.00 price.
I was actually really surprised how much I liked it. Makes me want to get one for me so I can mod it like I want to. I have ideas now!

I like it too, it’s a blast to drive. Most of the QC issues I’ve heard were from the sale vehicles. I’m thinking they were just knocking them out too quickly in anticipation of blowing out hundreds or thousands of them at that $399.00 price.
I was actually really surprised how much I liked it. Makes me want to get one for me so I can mod it like I want to. I have ideas now!
QC issues and the cheap body panels aside I really like my Fireteam as well.

^^^ That is so cool. (y)
I used my Axial Skeleton Head for the driver in my FT.:giggle:
I feel that HH knew full well that there were QC issues with the FT all along with certain production runs, so they blew them out the door for 4 $bills$ to get rid of them. To inspire some sales and to hype it. I think it was just floundering. Kind of pricey. Includes the LHS's, who also got a deal on them, well below cost.
I would never have purchased a FT for Retail List.

Last edited:
The 6s line alloy Shock Caps grinding away like this has been a thing for like 13 years. Arrma never adressed it. I live with it. It seems that once it grinds down to a certain amount it stops. Just poor fit and finish that is inline with the Price point of Arrma Products. It was never addressed.
Makes no sense to bother replacing these caps. They still work fine.
Been discussed years past on AF before.

1692377648447.png

The 6s line alloy Shock Caps grinding away like this has been a thing for like 13 years. Arrma never adressed it. I live with it. It seems that once it grinds down to a certain amount it stops. Just poor fit and finish that is inline with the Price point of Arrma Products. It was never addressed.
Makes no sense to bother replacing these caps. They still work fine.
Been discussed years past on AF before.

View attachment 317792

The shock cap needs a beanie cap! 😂

Man, it's crazy to see some people having these kinds of QC issues as I've never seen one in person yet- and I used to sell dozens of Arrmas every month at the LHS. All of mine haven't really had a problem. Granted, nobody is going to make everything 100% perfect but what really sold me on the Arrma brand was the lack of QC problems compared to other brands.

Man, it's crazy to see some people having these kinds of QC issues as I've never seen one in person yet- and I used to sell dozens of Arrmas every month at the LHS. All of mine haven't really had a problem. Granted, nobody is going to make everything 100% perfect but what really sold me on the Arrma brand was the lack of QC problems compared to other brands.
For the most part the Fireteam from the Black Friday sale seems to be the really bad duck in the bunch. I think @SrC might be on too something with his theory.

For the most part the Fireteam from the Black Friday sale seems to be the really bad duck in the bunch. I think @SrC might be on too something with his theory.
Yeah you aren't getting first shift Wednesday production workers assembling these at a $249 off MSRP discount.

It's Monday or Friday 3rd shift handicapped pennies on the dollar...

Overall, that’s my experience as well. Only one RTR I’ve ever bought was “perfect” right out of the box. That was a Typhon 6s I bought from @joostin420 The diffs were full, everything was tight, the gear mesh was good, and the wheels weren’t about to fall off. If you get picky with it, you can always find something that could have been better but overall I’ve had great luck with most Arrmas.
For the most part the Fireteam from the Black Friday sale seems to be the really bad duck in the bunch. I think @SrC might be on to something with his theory.
I agree. I’ve never had an experience like that with any brand of any RTR I’ve ever bought. And all of the worst tales I’ve heard were from last years blowout sale.

Yeah you aren't getting first shift Wednesday production workers assembling these at a $249 off MSRP discount.

Pretty sure they don't have shifts at a lot of these factories and I am willing to bet they are open 24/7 365. You probably got the guy working 4 days straight with one break to take a duce.

Pretty sure they don't have shifts at a lot of these factories and I am willing to bet they are open 24/7 365. You probably got the guy working 4 days straight with one break to take a duce.
I was gonna say...

Actually to be perfectly honest, most of these factories that build stuff for us are super reasonable to their employees. They know happy employees make bigger numbers.

But who knows, maybe the fireteams were made by newbies. I recall a lot of factories have huge turnover rates around Chinese new year.

I was gonna say...

Actually to be perfectly honest, most of these factories that build stuff for us are super reasonable to their employees. They know happy employees make bigger numbers.

But who knows, maybe the fireteams were made by newbies. I recall a lot of factories have huge turnover rates around Chinese new year.
Idk I have heard that a lot of those factories do not have the best working conditions.

Last edited:
Idk I have heard that a lot of those factories do not have the best working conditions.

Correct.
The "good looking ones" are usually for show..

I've worked with several of them. While I haven't been to any in person, several of my colleagues in the past have and none of them reported poor working conditions at any point, even random visits. At least in the RC industry...

I've worked with several of them. While I haven't been to any in person, several of my colleagues in the past have and none of them reported poor working conditions at any point, even random visits. At least in the RC industry...
That is good to hear! (y)

I should note that some of the airplane factories are active on the book of faces and often share content of their manufacturing floors. Not sure about the car stuff.

In theory your premise makes sense in the western world. However in China, they work like dogs every single day of the week. Labor Laws are basically non extistent.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back