Kraton Fireteam wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the fire team tires look amazing. They look amazing on the Talion XXL too!

image008.jpg
image009.jpg

Well, I have noticed the steering is pretty pathetic on this truck with these wheels. I use a 400oz servo so I'm sure that's not the problem. Think I need a stronger servo saver.

I think the exb spring is already the strongest one there is right? So either I need to shim it or buy something else altogether. Is there an after market one that's better or just go for shims?

Well, I have noticed the steering is pretty pathetic on this truck with these wheels. I use a 400oz servo so I'm sure that's not the problem. Think I need a stronger servo saver.

I think the exb spring is already the strongest one there is right? So either I need to shim it or buy something else altogether. Is there an after market one that's better or just go for shims?
Basherqueen has a really nice one. I have the shims on most of my rigs and that works really well too.

Shim it. That is all you need.
Stay with the X-Hard SS Spring in there already. One or 2 or 3 circlips and you will be good. Don't over think it and feel you need a whole new Upgrade setup. Work with what you got. And you will be fine. Large fatter MT wheels are even worse IMHO. Always need to dial in the SS. Most any rig.
400oz/in is ok.
The FT has a X long wheelbase, so the truning radius will always suffer more so than a shorter wheelbased rig. You end up with more steering "Push".
Driving style should help adapt to this. Don't let the rig drive you. Throttle steer it as needed.
:cool:

Last edited:

Hi... I have a post talking about tires on here love your thoughts on the tires. Do they bite so that it makes the rig stand up all the time....this is a loaded question since electronics and diffs have a play in this???

YES...shim it. I have the ProModeler servo DS630BLHV. It is very strong more torque than yours, but I still needed to shim it to get the tires to move the way I wanted. Used two 12mm shims for a total of 1mm thickness. I do this on all my 6S rigs with the stronger metal servo spring... KEXB, Talion EXB, and Fireteam

Link here, but shipping is stupid high was not like this a year back when I bought these. Maybe you can find them or similar on eBay or snap rigs which I used snaps on the KEXB before I switched to using these.
https://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/128/3576

1667149634383.png

Thanks for the input guys. I'll get some shims and see! The Fireteam wheels do bite nice. I almost exclusively run on 4s and it's a good combo. 17t pinion, stock esc and motor.

In regards to the comment on throttle steering, that's just about the only way to get this thing to whip around at the moment. Otherwise I just have to slow right down and turn before hammering down on the juice again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back