Fireteam Fireteam without the soldiers inside (kinda love it) pretty good weight difference

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey buddy I really like what you did and sharing it to help guys like me looking for ways to get rid of the toy soldiers so really appreciate it! Quick question, did you notice that alot more dirt and dust got into your chassis? That's my one worry as i have ocd about trying to keep my rcs clean so if you think the fiquers/panel kept alot of the dirt and dust out I might just leave it be and remove the guns. Any advice? Thanks for this thread
I stole the OP idea and did the exact same to my FT.

My $0.02 as a basher, the level of dirt that I get in my Kraton EXB, Losi DB Pro, etc, is about as dirty as the Fireteam being open (no men).

I bash in dirt...construction areas, farm track, etc., so I see no difference FWIW.

Hey buddy I really like what you did and sharing it to help guys like me looking for ways to get rid of the toy soldiers so really appreciate it! Quick question, did you notice that alot more dirt and dust got into your chassis? That's my one worry as i have ocd about trying to keep my rcs clean so if you think the fiquers/panel kept alot of the dirt and dust out I might just leave it be and remove the guns. Any advice? Thanks for this thread
Of course!! It was a very hot topic at the time and I wanted to get some answers for myself and share. But yeah I mean that soldier insert completely covers everything. I would say keep it on if you are ocd about it. If you look somewhere else in this thread I ended up cutting the side panels off the insert and putting them back on that way it had some dirt deflection but still got a lot in.

My fireteam has been pulled apart and used for like 3 different vehicles now though. But I used the body on one of them and painted the roll cage and it's so awesome.
C261941B-05B9-4E4B-9F6B-78EA13EAEC8A.jpeg

Of course!! It was a very hot topic at the time and I wanted to get some answers for myself and share. But yeah I mean that soldier insert completely covers everything. I would say keep it on if you are ocd about it. If you look somewhere else in this thread I ended up cutting the side panels off the insert and putting them back on that way it had some dirt deflection but still got a lot in.

My fireteam has been pulled apart and used for like 3 different vehicles now though. But I used the body on one of them and painted the roll cage and it's so awesome.View attachment 258564
Well done again!

My fireteam has been pulled apart and used for like 3 different vehicles now though. But I used the body on one of them and painted the roll cage and it's so awesome.View attachment 258564
😍😍😍😍 Wow buddy that looks great!! Really impressive! 👏🏻👏🏻 And I saw your pics with the side panels cut down and looked good as well! I was thinking of maybe doing something like you did but instead of cutting the guys out maybe leaving them and putting up the netting or maybe some screen material to at least hide the soldiers lol. I'm suprised no company has come out with a insert that would get rid of the soldiers but still cap it off a bit. Oh also I already have a set of backflip lps to put on the FT! 👍🏻 Great minds think alike! I also have another pair of wheels I'm gonna put on and I'll share on here later tonight or tomorrow and see what you guys think? Thanks for the advice and help and I'm unboxing this beast tonight! I'll share some pics of the wheels I might try. 🍻🍻👊🏻...Thanks brotha
I stole the OP idea and did the exact same to my FT.

My $0.02 as a basher, the level of dirt that I get in my Kraton EXB, Losi DB Pro, etc, is about as dirty as the Fireteam being open (no men).

I bash in dirt...construction areas, farm track, etc., so I see no difference FWIW.
Appreciate the 2 cents buddy. Yeah I might leave it on for now and put up some netting or mesh material to hide the soldiers during the cold winter months. I envy guys like you who just bash wherever and don't worry about dirt or dust and just enjoy them the way they are supposed to be run lol. I got 20+ rcs and most of them are like new. I'll get them and run em a few times on street and grass and then only really bash the first couple rcs that got me into the hobby like 5 years ago (jlb cheetah, dhk maximus) and also my 3s arrmas I beat on and don't worry about getting them dirty or banged up. I'm slowly breaking that bad habit and after this fireteam I'm gonna do more bashing and no more buying lol. Got alot of catching up to do with alot of rcs that have just sat on the shelf. I'm one of those weirdos who tend to buy more than I bash lol but not for much longer!

Last edited:
😍😍😍😍 Wow buddy that looks great!! Really impressive! 👏🏻👏🏻 And I saw your pics with the side panels cut down and looked good as well! I was thinking of maybe doing something like you did but instead of cutting the guys out maybe leaving them and putting up the netting or maybe some screen material to at least hide the soldiers lol. I'm suprised no company has come out with a insert that would get rid of the soldiers but still cap it off a bit. Oh also I already have a set of backflip lps to put on the FT! 👍🏻 Great minds think alike! I also have another pair of wheels I'm gonna put on and I'll share on here later tonight or tomorrow and see what you guys think? Thanks for the advice and help and I'm unboxing this beast tonight! I'll share some pics of the wheels I might try. 🍻🍻👊🏻...Thanks brotha

Appreciate the 2 cents buddy. Yeah I might leave it on for now and put up some netting or mesh material to hide the soldiers during the cold winter months. I envy guys like you who just bash wherever and don't worry about dirt or dust and just enjoy them the way they are supposed to be run lol. I got 20+ rcs and most of them are like new. I'll get them and run em a few times on street and grass and then only really bash the first couple rcs that got me into the hobby like 5 years ago (jlb cheetah, dhk maximus) and also my 3s arrmas I beat on and don't worry about getting them dirty or banged up. I'm slowly breaking that bad habit and after this fireteam I'm gonna do more bashing and no more buying lol. Got alot of catching up to do with alot of rcs that have just sat on the shelf. I'm one of those weirdos who tend to buy more than I bash lol but not for much longer!
I am OCD with you.

My RCs are in my office on self as a display. Zoom calls, etc. they are visible. I bash them but I do go a bit further than most to clean and bring them back to the office to shelf. So imagine a corp office with RC's well displayed I cannot have them dirty. Old school 1/10 RCs as well as the 3S & 6S bashers and that's clean down to the tires. Yep, a waste of time to get back dirty but they are my showpieces for my office. Have 16 total RCs.

I feel ya, :LOL:

That roll cage turned out Great! I just can't stand the Fireteam body panels. The panels rip apart way too easily and have fixed them 3-times in just a dozen runs. Now its at a point were they can't be repaired anymore and not going to spend 150.00 for new ones. They should of been made out of a more flexible plastic if using tiny screws to hold them on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back