Fireteam Fireteam without the soldiers inside (kinda love it) pretty good weight difference

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw an actual Fireteam for the first time last week and realized how quickly I would have to remove the characters inside if I ever owned one. Really doesn't take much. The netting is a great idea and gives it a much more realistic desert buggy look. I'm definitely not a fan of the tires though, but I guess that's the correct style for the look of the build. Took a good look at what I would need to put this body on a Kraton chassis and I think it's do-able. I'll see if I can swap it on to a Kraton the next time I'm at the hobby shop, and decide if me and Ted (Jennys Rc) will have a talk soon.
Big coin there to do that body. I checked all that I need at JennysRC. On the fence myself right now. Considered the white FT body for my XLWB Build I did. Removing the Lim body I have on it. Basically I have a FT chassis here already. Close to $300 to do the body and wheels.:rolleyes:

image.jpg

Just threw some new backflip 6s on it!! Gatta say it looks even better than the stockers. I think she is going to rip really nice tomorrow morning. Can't wait. Also put m2c +5 mm on it

Looks very cool the way it is but, without the dudes inside.. I dunno. Really what's the point?
What? It's an entirely different body with a very tough support structure and has amazing air flow. What do you mean what's the point? And that insert weighs like 11 or 12 oz which in this size rc means a lot.

Last edited:
it's a 1717 1650kv castle! I never even ran the stock system lol I knew I was going to swap it anyways. It's my first castle system and I gatta say it is pretty damn smooth, it even sounds different!
I JUST got the same motor, 1717 and the mmx 8s.

Completely agree RE how smooth it is and the sound...I wish I could compare to the sensored brushless Rock Crawler combos from HW. I hear their sensored is best?

Anyways, same boat in that I have not had a proper run with it and is my first CC system.
We are not 14 anymore, no dolls needed
just give me the toy car lol

teeheehee just poking fun at you poking fun at "dolls" being in the TOY car.

Last edited:
I JUST got the same motor, 1717 and the mmx 8s.

Completely agree RE how smooth it is and the sound...I wish I could compare to the sensored brushless Rock Crawler combos from HW. I hear their sensored is best?

Anyways, same boat in that I have not had a proper run with it and is my first CC system.

just give me the toy car lol

teeheehee just poking fun at you poking fun at "dolls" being in the TOY car.
Hell yeah man! I have given it a few good thrashings now and it's a blast. Tons of power and runs great. I'm running 23/46 gearing and backflip 6s tires on the FT now and it's a riot!!
Where did you get the mesh?
RCLions Rubber RC Car Window Net, Luggage Net Vehicle Scale Accessories for 1/10,1/8 RC Crawler Car (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K56PHP...t_i_2RWQPHKZSNEPHKNDZ6PD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

From Amazon and I had to buy 4 of them. You have to trim it to shape and then I used the excess from the sides for the front and rear

That mesh looks sweet! Now if only someone were to do the mesh WITH the soldiers intact 🤔...
Thank you! That would look great as well!! I would be interested to see that for sure, I hope others give the mesh a try it really does bring it to another level. Can't wait to do my own paint for the panels as well

Thanks👍. Got some 1/7 buggy wheels which are almost the same size, but a little lighter (320gram-11.3oz). Think they’d look pretty nice on the Fireteam. Waiting on the roller version😉.
What are they? I really really love the backflips on it compared to stock

What are they? I really really love the backflips on it compared to stock
ZD Racing DBX07 wheels (165x63mm). A bit out of scale for my 1/8 buggy (left stock, right with those 1/7 wheels), but wanted to try them.😄

84A8FA2E-7429-4495-952E-9920315D26BC.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back