Fireteam Fireteam without the soldiers inside (kinda love it) pretty good weight difference

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone post a pic of just the soldier insert panel? I’m wondering if you could cut out a center section to open up cooling some but still retain the general appearance of the insert. Maybe cut of their inner arm area to make a vent channel?

Can someone post a pic of just the soldier insert panel? I’m wondering if you could cut out a center section to open up cooling some but still retain the general appearance of the insert. Maybe cut of their inner arm area to make a vent channel?
You probably could, I can post a picture later if no one else does before, there are spots that I was considering trimming out but ultimately I did otherwise. But it might not be that efficient unless you made a scoop or something to really push it in

CEBC868E-5BBC-48EC-A38A-3B42406A6160.jpeg
5BDF93A4-A03D-4A6F-B257-7D2909F32D8B.jpeg

So I have been wanting a TLR typhon for quite some time and my LHS slid me a deal on one they had so I had to grab it. I also have been wanting to sell my infraxtion but I really wanted to keep the max 5 and 5687 motor for something so the idea dawned on me to throw that combo in the Fireteam and throw the castle combo in the typhon! Typhon is all fitted up just waiting on my reciever and Fireteam I need to figure out exactly how to mount the esc and then she will be ready. Then I'll need to figure out the gearing cause it's a 1100 kv motor. Right now it's 34/46 running 6s so we will see how that goes

Kevlar cord! Stops them from ballooning so much so it's a bit more controllable. Wrap it a couple times and glue it on with some flexible CA glue

Side note it's also like 5x easier to put the body on now without the soldiers because you can see all the spots you have to line up
Whoa 😍😍😍😍 This looks like the post that buys me the buggy, but let’s not bury the lead. The pro-tip take home looks like Kevlar cords to me. Is this a thing?? What’s the lifespan of a set? Will they work on a torque-y 8S truck?
Cheers, DB

Whoa 😍😍😍😍 This looks like the post that buys me the buggy, but let’s not bury the lead. The pro-tip take home looks like Kevlar cords to me. Is this a thing?? What’s the lifespan of a set? Will they work on a torque-y 8S truck?
Cheers, DB
Do it! It is a really fun truck. Very smooth. The kevlar survives very good in my experience! I have never tried it on the 8s trucks simply because I wanted the tires to expand on my OC8s. But I have run tires on my typhon doing 70+ and it held (GPS was used so that is not me estimating)

Do it! It is a really fun truck. Very smooth. The kevlar survives very good in my experience! I have never tried it on the 8s trucks simply because I wanted the tires to expand on my OC8s. But I have run tires on my typhon doing 70+ and it held (GPS was used so that is not me estimating)
Excellent! Just pulled the trigger on the last white Fireteam on Amazon 😀😀😀 I prefer 1/6 and larger trucks, but it will be an awesome compliment to my stock Talion. Funny how for all the time I spend smashing upgrading repairing my K8S and 8S’d Mohave, the Talion is always the one coming home in one piece and running. And not for lack of action! Those lower weights at the scale are really forgiving in everyday bashing

Where do you source your Kevlar cord to wrap the tires? Can’t wait to try this on my existing rigs, if anything just for performance comparison.

Excellent! Just pulled the trigger on the last white Fireteam on Amazon 😀😀😀 I prefer 1/6 and larger trucks, but it will be an awesome compliment to my stock Talion. Funny how for all the time I spend smashing upgrading repairing my K8S and 8S’d Mohave, the Talion is always the one coming home in one piece and running. And not for lack of action! Those lower weights at the scale are really forgiving in everyday bashing

Where do you source your Kevlar cord to wrap the tires? Can’t wait to try this on my existing rigs, if anything just for performance comparison.
Haha nice nice!! Have to say the 6s backflips made it much better than stock. And believe it or not my OC8S is extremely reliable so far. Bent front shafts but nothing a little hammer love can't solve. I get the Kevlar on amazon. 200 pound cord

emma kites 100% Black Kevlar Braided Cord (0.4~4.6mm Dia, 50lb~1800lb) High Strength, Abrasion Flame Resistant, Tough Survival Tactical Cord Model Rocket Paracord Snare Line Fishing Assist Cord https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07283VX4...t_i_GEVR5TMG1YXE13GPSQMB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

And I use a flexible CA glue

View attachment 198169View attachment 198170View attachment 198171View attachment 198172
I know there are a lot of people out there that want to see this and I was super curious so here it is. That body insert is a big weight relief! I removed the dudes and the hand brake and together they weigh 14 ounces (395 grams)
That looks really cool actually, I've always been a fan of being able to see the electronics through clear windows on bodies but this takes it to the next level 😆

View attachment 198169View attachment 198170View attachment 198171View attachment 198172
I know there are a lot of people out there that want to see this and I was super curious so here it is. That body insert is a big weight relief! I removed the dudes and the hand brake and together they weigh 14 ounces (395 grams)
Looks great. I did the same to mine. Additionally I converted mine to 8s. It now weighs 16lb with a 6s battery but no problem.

I made some modifications to keep the dirt out but all that plastic poop with the dumb ass toys is gone. Only kept part of s dashboard for the look and to attach the front mesh.

827A8EFB-5E02-4221-9BA4-1FE02D8DC5BC.jpeg

0BFEDAB1-02AA-4117-9586-3052DA019FB3.jpeg

B2F44380-AB09-4925-A957-42C03D142AF2.jpeg

Looks great. I did the same to mine. Additionally I converted mine to 8s. It now weighs 16lb with a 6s battery but no problem.

I made some modifications to keep the dirt out but all that plastic poop with the dumb ass toys is gone. Only kept part of s dashboard for the look and to attach the front mesh.

View attachment 240963

View attachment 240964

View attachment 240965
Wow!

Now I like what I did with the mesh, but this is far cleaner for the sides and fronts. Is that a 3D print?

Wow!

Now I like what I did with the mesh, but this is far cleaner for the sides and fronts. Is that a 3D print?
The side guards I purchased on eBay. They are okay but they didn’t structure it properly. You’d have to see them for yourself. I used them anyway because I liked their idea. I drilled some holes in them and made them work.

The windshield I made from a mesh I bought on Amazon and the fabric covering the electronics it’s the type used to cover fences at construction sites.

It all came together okay. But I wish someone would come up with a completely different replacement body. Or at the least a replacement for the inner part with the toy soldiers.

I'm more of a low profile tire guy, and these are the complete opposite. Ever since Arrma released the Backflip Lp for the 4s Outcast, Every one of my builds ends up with them. I've got two brand new sets of Copperhead 2's for sale and another set that saw about 15 minutes of runtime before I removed them. It's just an appearance thing I guess, and lowpro is the way I go.
I completely agree with you on the backflip lps...It's my go to wheel. Have them on my Notorious and Kraton and getting another set for my TC Punisher! On a side note I put the bigger notorious backflips on my punisher and might be perfect for a 6s 1/8th truggy. I actually just ordered one of these tonight for the black Friday sale and I might swap a set on them on and see how it looks and works. I'm also not a fan at all of these tires. The sidewall just looks hideous but that's all subjective of course. I was one of the first to put the LPs on my 6s kraton before everyone was running them and actually like to take credit and pride that I had told Rich Duperbash how well they performed although I'm sure he would've tried them anyway but I like to think it was me who put him onto them lol. The wheels and soldiers always turned me off to this truck but that was at $749 and not $399 😁

I completely agree with you on the backflip lps...It's my go to wheel. Have them on my Notorious and Kraton and getting another set for my TC Punisher! On a side note I put the bigger notorious backflips on my punisher and might be perfect for a 6s 1/8th truggy. I actually just ordered one of these tonight for the black Friday sale and I might swap a set on them on and see how it looks and works. I'm also not a fan at all of these tires. The sidewall just looks hideous but that's all subjective of course. I was one of the first to put the LPs on my 6s kraton before everyone was running them and actually like to take credit and pride that I had told Rich Duperbash how well they performed although I'm sure he would've tried them anyway but I like to think it was me who put him onto them lol. The wheels and soldiers always turned me off to this truck but that was at $749 and not $399 😁
BF lp is my go to wheel for 1/8th 6s truggies.

I didn't buy the fireteam (before black friday reasons) because, it was too expensive for what was included, the soldiers and guns look silly (not against soldiers or firearms), the wheels look silly and it loos like it has a very high COG.

A couple of weeks ago, I got to see one run and it was only on 4s. It was awesome. Jumps like a champ and almost always lands on it's wheels because of the roll cage. I'm tempted to get one, but my addiction has been reigned in and as long as I stay out of the lhs, I should be able to get through these bf sale days without picking one up. Excuse me while I tighten the handcuffs that are keeping me locked in my basement.

Last edited:
I totally hear you on that buddy. I had told myself I wasn't getting another rc for a year as im thankful to have a bunch and many I've yet to really bash yet and are still almost like new. I think I have a addiction to buying more than bashing which is why I told myself I'm gonna enjoy and run the ones I have and yet my addiction got the better of me! Lol I'm weak. Well safe to say this is the last one! Had just got done paying off my sketer and infraction and here I go again lol. The sales and new releases is what really kills me!
BF lp is my go to wheel for 1/8th 6s truggies.

I didn't buy the fireteam (before black friday reasons) because, it was too expensive for what was included, the soldiers and guns look silly (not against soldiers or firearms), the wheels look silly and it loos like it has a very high COG.
Yup I agree! I watched my buddy Jason Perrin rcs video on the fireteam and he put a bunch of different wheels on it and I'm definitely gonna go with the LPs or the normal backflips or even the Copperhead 2's look good on it and have a spare new set on hand. Maybe I'll post some pics here of the different setups and show you how it looks but I agree the stock wheels have got to go!

Hey buddy I really like what you did and sharing it to help guys like me looking for ways to get rid of the toy soldiers so really appreciate it! Quick question, did you notice that alot more dirt and dust got into your chassis? That's my one worry as i have ocd about trying to keep my rcs clean so if you think the fiquers/panel kept alot of the dirt and dust out I might just leave it be and remove the guns. Any advice? Thanks for this thread

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back