Fireteam Fireteam worth with sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wcm250f

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I see the fireteam getting a lot of hate. I was looking at the kraton 6s or the typhon 6s originally. I have a 3s typhon that my son has gotten really good at driving on the low power setting. Now I want something for both of us to do when we go to the baseball field.

So I saw horizon has the fireteam on sale for 150 off. I bought it for 520 which I thought would put it ahead of what the kraton is for the money.

Is the fireteam worth it or should I cancel the order

I see the fireteam getting a lot of hate. I was looking at the kraton 6s or the typhon 6s originally. I have a 3s typhon that my son has gotten really good at driving on the low power setting. Now I want something for both of us to do when we go to the baseball field.

So I saw horizon has the fireteam on sale for 150 off. I bought it for 520 which I thought would put it ahead of what the kraton is for the money.

Welcome to the Arrma forum!

Fireteam should be pretty decent, what kind of terrain do you run on?

I think it depends on what you want to do with it. If you like to bash around on the ground and the air I would say the Kraton would have been better. If you prefer to stay on the ground, then the fireteam is not a bad option. Not to say you can't jump with the fireteam, just that the kraton is better at it.

I have zero interest in sending the trucks 20ft in the air. Maybe 10ft of air tops. Most of the driving it in grass, asphalt, gravel parking lots and baseball fields. I thought the fireteam has beefier internals so was getting more bang for the buck and if I did decide to get more rotation for air if i got into it, change the tires.

I did read to move the battery slot back and it better balances the RC

I have a FireTeam, and I absolutely love it. It's my fly guy basher. Usual upgrades: m2c chassis, carbon fibber stuff, mamba x8s, castle 1717, hub extender's....

I have zero interest in sending the trucks 20ft in the air. Maybe 10ft of air tops. Most of the driving it in grass, asphalt, gravel parking lots and baseball fields. I thought the fireteam has beefier internals so was getting more bang for the buck and if I did decide to get more rotation for air if i got into it, change the tires.

Throwing 6s backflips on there definitely helps.

Is it also fine to run the fireteam on a 3s battery only. Looks like it will be delivered tomorrow.
Yes, just use the included loop connecter on the unused connector.

I have a FireTeam, and I absolutely love it. It's my fly guy basher. Usual upgrades: m2c chassis, carbon fibber stuff, mamba x8s, castle 1717, hub extender's....
But how was the FireTeam before $700 in upgrades? :ROFLMAO:

PS I see you're in Bensenville. Making sure you saw this thread.

You will be good. Don't cancel. You may just want to change out the tires like many do. Needing a better bite. And add Front and rear Chassis braces. All you really want to do to enjoy it. That's all. After market upgrades are plentiful. Let your wallet dictate.
And the discounted price was incredible. I think it is just a slow seller. Some rigs are like that. The body is unique/different and maybe not grabbing much interest. IDK. You could even convert it into the Mojave easy enough. The FT is based very closely on the successful XLWB SCT Mojave. Body is the main difference. Then the control arms. Mojave is my Fav Arrma rig among the many I have. The Mojave did not seem to be a big seller in the beginning either, but it's very popular now. It has the longest wheel base of all the Arrma 6s rigs.
FT is large and in charge. There is nothing inherently wrong with the FT at all. Good choice that you stepped up to a 6s Arrma rig. (y)
Just be careful. It is Fast and quite heavy. That can spell disaster for bodily harm, if this is your first large rig.
Be safe out there. We are here to help you dial it in if need be.
Enjoy.

Last edited:

You did well, IMO. Just as others have said, great rig, just not a big air or stunting machine as compared to the kraton.
My only gripe with the fireteam was the price of $750, for a non exb, seemed steep. Still does, but $520? Oh yeah!! I'd be all over it.
I say keep it.
Enjoy!!🍻

But how was the FireTeam before $700 in upgrades? :ROFLMAO:

PS I see you're in Bensenville. Making sure you saw this thread.
Dure,

For me, it was great. It took everything I threw at it. Whether that was flying above the ground, to just full trigger bashing it everywhere I could get it. I'm not gonna lie, I run my rc's like I want to destroy them. Then if I need to upgrade them I will. This is my favorite rig for unadulterated bashing. The only real issue I had originally with the rc, was after my 5th 20foot jump, (approx). I bent the chassis. Not huge mind you. But enough, that I had to disassemble the entire rc, to try and bend it back. As other's have stated on here, you don't have to change the tires, but getting beefier ones, or ones that will give you a better bite, will make you much happier. When I run the rc now, I don't get any traction when I run it on pavement. Though, I do change the tires to the on road type, when playing on pavement.

And thx for the link. I always want to get out there with everyone, but my issue is my memory. I lose it often, so I often forget. LOL

Last edited:

You should checkout Rich Duperbash on Youtube. He goes nuts with his. As do I, just not as much as him. LOL

Bashed both Sunday the Kraton EXB 6S and the Fireteam.

I am NOT:
A send-it guy
Small jumps over the golf course mounds, small hills, etc.
I love the ground, and terrain action more...seeing dirt, rocks, sticks, flying from the tires, etc.

For me, I will never sell the Kraton 6S EXB but I am so much happier with the Fireteam. Kraton does have M2C parts on it, rear mount brace, aluminum hex, M2C 17mm hex extenders, etc. Max6 and 4985 motor, so it is bash ready...

Fireteam - It just commands the ground and the ugly tires are a perfect match for the ground...since I am not a jumper. It fits how I like the bash and my style. If a person wants big air....FT is not the rig. I did add some of those tweaks Rich Duper noted in his video with suspension... added hubs, MC2 17mm hex extenders, Max6. Not a lot more stock, just key items. I removed the men and it changed the weight a lot.

Good buy Brother!!! Hope you enjoy it!

1664406448338.png
1664406459797.png

Bashed both Sunday the Kraton EXB 6S and the Fireteam.

I am NOT:
A send-it guy
Small jumps over the golf course mounds, small hills, etc.
I love the ground, and terrain action more...seeing dirt, rocks, sticks, flying from the tires, etc.

For me, I will never sell the Kraton 6S EXB but I am so much happier with the Fireteam. Kraton does have M2C parts on it, rear mount brace, aluminum hex, M2C 17mm hex extenders, etc. Max6 and 4985 motor, so it is bash ready...

Fireteam - It just commands the ground and the ugly tires are a perfect match for the ground...since I am not a jumper. It fits how I like the bash and my style. If a person wants big air....FT is not the rig. I did add some of those tweaks Rich Duper noted in his video with suspension... added hubs, MC2 17mm hex extenders, Max6. Not a lot more stock, just key items. I removed the men and it changed the weight a lot.

Good buy Brother!!! Hope you enjoy it!

View attachment 246555View attachment 246556
Looks great! I don't know how you keep it so clean.. my 2 week old sct410.3 looks like crap by comparison. I just can't be bothered to clean them honestly. I let em dry (if wet), brush the majority of mud and dirt, then air hose. Done. 😎🍻

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back