Fireteam Fireteam worth with sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watch it with the 22 tooth pinion though (i think it is 22, not sure, but the higher tooth pinion which is included). Don't take it offroad with the stock Spektrum Firma 150A Smart waterproof 4S/6S ESC because i burnt mine completely using this higher tooth pinion. There's a warning about that inside the box, but apparently i couldn't help trying! Expensive $200 mistake that was. I have a Hobbywing EZrun Max6 now with 17 tooth which is fantastic. Also replaced the stock motor with a Rocket 4092 brushless. This thing flies!

Here it is (together with my unfinished Grasshopper)

1667914068131.png

Watch it with the 22 tooth pinion though (i think it is 22, not sure, but the higher tooth pinion which is included). Don't take it offroad with the stock Spektrum Firma 150A Smart waterproof 4S/6S ESC because i burnt mine completely using this higher tooth pinion. There's a warning about that inside the box, but apparently i couldn't help trying! Expensive $200 mistake that was. I have a Hobbywing EZrun Max6 now with 17 tooth which is fantastic. Also replaced the stock motor with a Rocket 4092 brushless. This thing flies!

Here it is (together with my unfinished Grasshopper)

View attachment 255148
Sorry you burned up the Speculum, but as you already know now, max6/4092 really puts out the power the FT should've had to begin with!! I use that same combo in my Kraton 6s, it's actually too much as I go through a set of tires in maybe 2 months. I never run on blacktop either, all dirt, 100%.. it's a tire shredding beast!!

Good advice! I know mine got hot as hell when I ran that pinion even on the street. I just replaced both stock fans with high flow (noisy) ones and they move way more air. Plus my body is lightened a tiny bit, and it's fall now with cool air in New England now. So I put the big pinion back on and am hoping it may stay cooler. Haven't taken it out yet though - but I'll keep an eye one it for sure.

I also just upgraded a lot to EXB parts (towers, chassis, braces, servo mount) with EXB stuff from Jenny's. The rear tower and chassis were bent, and one plastic brace was broken. And the servo mount just comes in the same misc hardware bag as the braces - free bling. I think that was all less than the price of a M2c chassis, and I don't bash/flip super hard, so think it should last a long time like this.

I hate this thread. With every new post I HAVE to read this thread trying to push me over the edge of buying one🤬🤣.
This is where I’m at now…😳
200.gif
I finally gave in (sale season 🙄) last Sunday and now have the black Fireteam.
Several parts for it have been ordered and are coming in the next days/weeks😜.

You did well, IMO. Just as others have said, great rig, just not a big air or stunting machine as compared to the kraton.
My only gripe with the fireteam was the price of $750, for a non exb, seemed steep. Still does, but $520? Oh yeah!! I'd be all over it.
I say keep it.
Enjoy!!🍻
The included alloy metal center diff and all the anodizing done in Black is what makes the FT so expensive. $Body$ aside. But just not worth $230. more IMHO.

So just because i like sharing this, here are 2 pics of my fireteam with the new Louise Ulldoze tires! They are a little bit bigger than the stock ones (who are worn out now) and also a little bit wider. Great quality tires with black chrome rims. After i ordered them, i found out that they're also available in just black (the rims), which maybe i would've preferred but anyway. Also added a Gatling 1:6 gun. Did that because it reminds me of the FAV (fast Attack Vehicle) by Tamiya which they released somewhere mid 80's, and it just looks cool.

IMG20221114224141.jpg

IMG20221114223842.jpg

Bashed both Sunday the Kraton EXB 6S and the Fireteam.

I am NOT:
A send-it guy
Small jumps over the golf course mounds, small hills, etc.
I love the ground, and terrain action more...seeing dirt, rocks, sticks, flying from the tires, etc.

For me, I will never sell the Kraton 6S EXB but I am so much happier with the Fireteam. Kraton does have M2C parts on it, rear mount brace, aluminum hex, M2C 17mm hex extenders, etc. Max6 and 4985 motor, so it is bash ready...

Fireteam - It just commands the ground and the ugly tires are a perfect match for the ground...since I am not a jumper. It fits how I like the bash and my style. If a person wants big air....FT is not the rig. I did add some of those tweaks Rich Duper noted in his video with suspension... added hubs, MC2 17mm hex extenders, Max6. Not a lot more stock, just key items. I removed the men and it changed the weight a lot.

Good buy Brother!!! Hope you enjoy it!

View attachment 246555View attachment 246556
Hey, I like your meshed window and doors look on the fireteam. I just ordered a fireteam today myself, it will be my second Arrma to add to my small collection. I would appreciate it if you could let me know what that window mesh is called and were it can be ordered from so I can do something similar to mine when it arrives. Also how did you attach it, with red zip ties?

I was wondering what other bodies fit well on the Fireteam. Or what should I look for? (I don't own one but am debating picking one up.)

Hey, I like your meshed window and doors look on the fireteam. I just ordered a fireteam today myself, it will be my second Arrma to add to my small collection. I would appreciate it if you could let me know what that window mesh is called and were it can be ordered from so I can do something similar to mine when it arrives. Also how did you attach it, with red

Hey, I like your meshed window and doors look on the fireteam. I just ordered a fireteam today myself, it will be my second Arrma to add to my small collection. I would appreciate it if you could let me know what that window mesh is called and were it can be ordered from so I can do something similar to mine when it arrives. Also how did you attach it, with red zip ties?
👍 found it online, no need to reply thanks.
I was wondering what other bodies fit well on the Fireteam. Or what should I look for? (I don't own one but am debating picking one up.)
XL bodys, like a pro line c10xl apparently. Body post may need modified. I just ordered one myself and am still looking at what bodies will fit.

Last edited:
In this video he discuses body options at the 6minute mark. Savage xl bodies seem to be close and the vintage looks really nice.

I played around a lot with bodies and actually ended up going back to the fireteam body (without the guys, just personal preference). For $110 from Jenny's RC for a replacement - that's cheaper than a replacement lexan for some of these 1/6-1/8 bashers. Pretty amazing price for a backup of that quality, and it actually is pretty durable - except a couple of the individual panels. But of course the look isn't for everyone, and depends how pristine you want it to look. And it is a little heavier (unless you shoe goo up your replacement body).
I do wish that you could switch back and forth day by day, but most of the alternatives required changing body posts or the chassis side guards and mounting points - so kind of have to commit one way or another, or do some wrenching when you want to change.
Some cool options either way though - nice to be able to change the furniture around once in a while for some variety.

👍 found it online, no need to reply thanks.
Sorry, my friend...

I missed this post. Thank you. They really make the RC light!

Amazon is where I got it the OP who did this first pointed me to this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K56PHPB/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

However, if this ever fails I would like to try this from another user posted here:
https://m.aliexpress.us/item/3256803860021592.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back