Infraction Firma 150 ESC - Adjust LVC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton 4s
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Outcast 4s
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 3s
  11. Vorteks
I love my Infraction, but man do I HATE the Spektrum 150 ESC. I only get 5 minutes of run time on my 3s Smart 5000 mAh 100C batteries. When the car shuts off my batteries are still at a healthy 3.72v/cell, That's way too high IMO. My Max series ESCs takes batteries down to 3.2 which is fine with me. I'd love to adjust the LVC in the Firma 150 but it doesn't seem like it even has the option?? I have the Smart ESC programmer and the option does not come up, only these 8 below.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is LVC adjustable with the Firma 150? Or am I going to have to buy a new ESC to get longer run times if I don't feel like carrying around multiple batteries each run?

1618934620997.png

No, it is not adjustable - at least in the Arrma versions of the ESC. The retail version makes reference to being able to adjust LVC but I don’t have one to test out.

6621C537-9D6B-4780-8684-4A7A7D1BDE17.jpeg

Yeah I've seen the same and was wondering why mine didnt have those 11 options, just the 8. That stinks that they limit the capabilities of the ESC just because it comes in a RTR vehicle

HH is sending me a new firma150a because the button programming wouldn’t work to adjust lvc. Why would they warranty it if it’s not actually doable? I was trying to raise LVC because I didn’t like it cutting off so close to 3.0v.

Cheaper to send you a new one than discussing details as to why it's not available. Operator probably didn't know either and doesn't bother looking at the latest documentation. They can send you 20 more and this still won't work. It's simply not a setting, the idea behind it is probably that you have telemetry and can read the voltage but honestly I do not know.
Just a bunch of wasted money on functional ESC's. Maybe there will be a future firmware update.

So it’s unavailable via program card too? My CS rep was really misinformed then because they told me I needed the card, then I told him look at the manual for button programming and my esc order number email came through haha. Had I’d known I wouldn’t have tried to get a new one, but apparently HHCS didn't know either.

The settings in the earlier link are from the programmer. It simply skips over 3.
I'd still recommend programmer and ESC. With telemetry, the unreliable LVC is useless anyway. Very stabil and robust ESC imho but out of a pool of 2.

There is no LVC setting. The manual above is incorrect and in error. See link below. Edit: The OP manual is correct.
5 min run time is not your LVC, that ESC doesn't cut off until 3V if ever. You are overheating, check your ESC fan.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/firma-programming-list.33726/
I don't believe I am overheating. My system slows the vehicle to 50% power, the green lights on my remote flash and alarm, all of which are signs that the ESC is saying the batteries are too low, right?

Yes. You stated that the lipo shows 3.7 when checking? That is actually empty and a very good reading to stop. At best you have 30s left in that Lipo, again not an ESC issue. The Smart batteries are not very durable and their true c rating is somewhere in the 25C range like many others.
Get more Lipos. Changing the ESC or lowering Lvc, even if available, will not fix your issue.

I don't believe I am overheating. My system slows the vehicle to 50% power, the green lights on my remote flash and alarm, all of which are signs that the ESC is saying the batteries are too low, right?

I feel you on the 3S 5000mah 50C smart batteries. I could be wrong but I think as a newbie in the hobby the Spektrum S2100 charger may have been bad for my new batteries. Each and every charge for 2-3 months by default it charges at full max which was 12A+ As I learned more I asked here about battery charging and learned that 1C is best for 5A charge. Spektrum does not give a C number but I then began to charge at 5A. I feel the damage was done...I hate the smart batteries jumped and charged this fast from factory setting in the smart setting of the battery.

My belief if I could have started with knowledge at a 1C/5A or lower charging the smart batteries could be better. I have a 5500mah that doubles the time of my 5000mah and I charge them at a 5A from the start.

Side Note - Even those 5500mah go fast in the Infraction (see longer on 3S rigs) the Infraction I am on full throttle the entire time so I can empty them in 10min...full-on from the first sec. I ordered some 8000mah for the Infraction due to this driving style for a little longer time. That might be only 15min :)

The Smart batteries can actually be charged at higher C rating without damage. What kills the run time is the very low actual c rating. They are good batteries for beginners but do not give the durations of cheaper ones.
All if what I read above is normal and expected for these batteries.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back