Infraction Firma 150 ESC Keeps Restarting...(video)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton 4s
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Outcast 4s
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 3s
  11. Vorteks
Take a look, I put my high speed pinion on my motor and after maybe 4 min of run time with motor temps around 160F the ESC just gave out and started doing this. Is this a common problem? Suspecting I may just have to send it into Horizon for a replacement.

Unplug your servo and see if it works.
If not you have a bad ESC.
Why would you run for 4min with a speed pinion? Probably overheated the ESC.

Unplug your servo and see if it works.
If not you have a bad ESC.
Why would you run for 4min with a speed pinion? Probably overheated the ESC.
...didn't think running for 4 min on a speed pinion would be a problem. Driving down the road, turning around, making a pass, trying again is 4 min easy. I See videos of people running on the speed pinion for the whole battery pack. Not stop and go driving, but solely high speed passes.

Also my ESC temps were only at 125F or so

I have you tried to factory reset and remind?

Just a thought, I would also call Horizon and ask.

Ok, sounded like bashing for 4 min.
ESC external temp of 125F is easily 170F internal and I assume that was not immediate after the run, takes little time to cool.
You would be able to read the temp via telemetry but not with stock radio. Still possible that it died a thermal death.

My V2 Infraction Esc same exact issue 3x , it 8s currently at HH. (1 servo also) And my Felony have had this issue once.

My V2 Infraction Esc same exact issue 3x , it 8s currently at HH. (1 servo also) And my Felony have had this issue once.
Guess its a common issue with these ESCs, probably why they were so quick to send me a replacement. Did you have all yours replaced each time?

Guess its a common issue with these ESCs, probably why they were so quick to send me a replacement. Did you have all yours replaced each time?
Yes sir, sent them a video. 10 days later Esc arrived. 2 to 4 weeks and repeat. This last time I said take the truck test it fix it or replace it.

All HH did is replace the ESC for a third time. And mention a few loose screws , and tires need replacing. No poop I wasn't going to put on new tires and do my monthly maintenance if they REPLACED IT. No mention of any testing of electronics. Bad esc.....duhh

My notorious v5 started that exact thing yesterday... only had it 10 days ... was running it all stock for about 20 minutes, figured all the jumps and flips would have caused mechanical damage, but nope... comes on with flashing red led, then goes into this restart mode.. going to unplug servo and see if it repeats... will call horizon tomorrow and get warranty esc I guess... already ordered the arrma heat sink/fan for the motor...

I am kind of newb on these but it looks like the esc temp might have caused it to fail. Any recommendation of heat monitoring solution for these? I also have a felony and it's remote shows battery level and it has a telemetry app for my phone... maybe I could bind that transmitter to notorious and use it for both rigs? Kind of bummed the electronics on notorious failed after 5 packs, but that truck is super fun... hope it's not a recurring issue... the battery's I run are (2)spektrum 100c 3s and (1) spektrum 100c 6s with jumper.... I rotate between the 2.. don't think that should matter tho.
Also, had the punch setting at 6.. tried to rebind the transmitter and nothing... when it comes on I can go forward and reverse for a second then it restarts, but there is no steering at all.

Last edited:
Called Horizon, they're sending me a new one, didn't even have to ship this one back. Sweet.
I'm having same issue except my throttle isn't working but steering does. Was it your servo or esc?

I'm having same issue except my throttle isn't working but steering does. Was it your servo or esc?
I've had this happen so many times with all of the Firma 150's I've got. There was one time where I switched the steering and throttle on the receiver and they worked, even though they were in the wrong order technically. If it doesn't work after trying to plug them into different ports I'd just request a replacement

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back