Typhon Firma 150 wont enter programming mode

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DLK83

$dirty hands-no money$
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
Got a used 150 esc, went to change some settings and I can't get it to go into programming mode. I hold the set button, push the power button, contimue to hold the set button until red light starts flashing, let it go and push it again, green light blinks once with corresponding chime, and then that's it, won't go any further. It works fine, I have forward and reverse, fan works, it calibrated fine, but I just can't change any settings... any ideas??

The Firma Programmer would be best for Setting ESC Parameters. Bypassing the "set button procedure" altogether.
Have you tried doing an ESC reset? Are you using the Firma 150 manual for reference?
The switches Set Button might even be defective/ broken. The Pwr. button may be fine. As you stated the ESC powers On and runs fine otherwise. Common for these Spektrum switches to fail.
It is used, who knows what it has been through? Hard impacts can get the best of these switches. Wet running will also ruin it.
You can carefully open up the switch to look closely for obvious dirt or corrosion from wet running. Spray with an electrical contact spray, and test it out again. I feel the set button is most delicate.

Last edited:
I've had several of these, I'm very familiar with the manual and programming them. And it's not the switch, when I push the set button to get it to the first menu item, it blinks green once and chimes so the set button is working... how do I do a "reset"?

Last edited:
So wait, iirc. You long press (3sec) set when turn on or after. It doesn't matter irc. Then green flashes once to tell you welcome to programming. Then you press set for 1 second and green starts counting the program numbers. 1-2-3-4-5- etc. Another long set press (3sec) enters into that particular program, say BEC voltage, then as many red flashes, to chose that number of setting. Another long set press(3sec) and green should flash and give noise that changes are successfully changed.

Im sorry, im not trying to be pedantic, but from the looks it seemed you might have missed a step? (If this is anythig like its in Vorteks)

Got a used 150 esc, went to change some settings and I can't get it to go into programming mode. I hold the set button, push the power button, contimue to hold the set button until red light starts flashing, let it go and push it again, green light blinks once with corresponding chime, and then that's it, won't go any further. It works fine, I have forward and reverse, fan works, it calibrated fine, but I just can't change any settings... any ideas??

The Firma Programmer would be best for Setting ESC Parameters. Bypassing the "set button procedure" altogether.
Have you tried doing an ESC reset? Are you using the Firma 150 manual for reference?
The switches Set Button might even be defective/ broken. The Pwr. button may be fine. As you stated the ESC powers On and runs fine otherwise. Common for these Spektrum switches to fail.
It is used, who knows what it has been through? Hard impacts can get the best of these switches.
You can carefully open up the switch to look closely for obvious dirt or corrosion from wet running. Spray with an electrical contact spray, and test it out again. I feel the set button is most delicate.

Agreed.
Might be worth it to invest in a programmer.. Makes configuration a lot simpler.

If you were in town , you're more than welcome to use mine.

+1
It's why I asked if you have the manual in hand. I will assume you do.
Some people even accidentally keep Resetting their ESC's trying to get into the menu.
A Firma programmer would resolve this.

How do
So wait, iirc. You long press (3sec) set when turn on or after. It doesn't matter irc. Then green flashes once to tell you welcome to programming. Then you press set for 1 second and green starts counting the program numbers. 1-2-3-4-5- etc. Another long set press (3sec) enters into that particular program, say BEC voltage, then as many red flashes, to chose that number of setting. Another long set press(3sec) and green should flash and give noise that changes are successfully changed.

Im sorry, im not trying to be pedantic, but from the looks it seemed you might have missed a step? (If this is anythig like its in Vorteks)
Im not missing a step, I've done this a bunch of times exactly like you're saying. I can get it to go into programming mode, but when I try to do another long set press to enter the first menu item (running mode I believe), this is where it becomes unresponsive

Got ya.
If in your shoes, I would get a programmer. If it is worth it to you. The only work around solution I can see. If that will even work at this point. Because it seems the setting mode has locked you out once in the that mode. Could be a defective EEProm. Bad ESC.
Have you tried a reset?
Did it ever work for you prior?
Firma stuff will drive you crazy.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I don't really want to invest in a programmer if it's an internal esc issue, I'm fine using the button method to make changes, once they're set I rarely change them anyhow.. just trying to trouble shoot this one

how do I do a "reset"?
According to the manual:

DDB63936-2420-4DAD-B955-2EA907B88B79.jpeg

According to the manual:

View attachment 260167
Oh, unfortunately I tried that several times to no avail... I thought there was some special voodoo magic you guys knew to reset them lol...
Got ya.
If in your shoes, I would get a programmer. If it is worth it to you. The only work around solution I can see. If that will even work at this point. Because it seems the setting mode has locked you out once in the that mode. Could be a defective EEProm. Bad ESC.
Have you tried a reset?
Did it ever work for you prior?
Firma stuff will drive you crazy.:rolleyes:
Got it used, in a used car from the classifieds in here so I can't speak to if it ever worked correctly... I'll probably just unload it cheap and take that money, and the $30 I'd have to spend on a programmer, and put towards another mmx8s
If I had to guess, it feels like it's stuck in default settings in comparison to the others I've had.. all I wanted to do was turn up the brakes and punch a little, never fails...
How picky is HH warranty? Any chance of getting this warrantied without a receipt?

Last edited:
You are doing this wrong.. turn the esc on and hold the set button for 1 second, you don't hold the set button and turn it on like the smaller spektrum counterparts. . you are doing a perfect job at completing the the first step in TH calibration though.. the one green blink is telling you nuetral is set!! 😎

They unfortunately won't help without a receipt.

You are doing this wrong.. turn the esc on and hold the set button for 1 second, you don't hold the set button and turn it on like the smaller spektrum counterparts. . you are doing a perfect job at completing the the first step in TH calibration though.. the one green blink is telling you nuetral is set!! 😎
Son of biscuit, you're right!!! Well I feel like a horses arse, thank you sir!!

Son of biscuit, you're right!!! Well I feel like a horses arse, thank you sir!!

Guess nobody can snag your ESC now for $40 in the Classifieds now...?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back