Firma 150A ESC dead?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dynata

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first post in the forums so i hope im writing in right place.i really need some advice, i searched the web but didnt find any solution.

Okey so i was driving my Notorius 6s V5 with my nephew. When suddenly after about 30minutes the car stopped my first thought was that okay we are out of battery since it is wintertime and weather was about -3c. I still thought it is kinda weird cause i have driven it in much colder temperatures and much longer times and also we were driving with 50% throttle limiter on and basically walking speeds. Anyway i charged the batteries back to full and car does not work.

Here are everything i know so far:

-Powering the car, ESC doesn't make any boot up sounds, green LED does short single blimps.
-Steering servo still works.
-i tried disconnecting steering servo and then boot up ESC and same thing, no boot sound and motor doesn't spin.
-I disconnected the motor and booted ESC and same thing.
-Also radio on or off while booting makes no difference
-Cant access in the programming mode or calibration mode.

Im really new with this stuff, so that is prettymuch everything i know how to do. I also read the manual troubleshooting and it states that green LED blimps could be ESC overheating shutdown mode. Well if it is that the ESC is not recovering from it.

I really hope someone points me in right direction. Thanks in advance. Cheers

Welcome to the forum! Yes, this is the right spot.

I assume you are seeing 4 green flashes and that is repeating? The ESC is dead.
Per manual: "LED flashes green with four short pulses repeating - The ESC has failed the self test"

What you can try, with little success rate:
Disconnect all the motor wires, turn on ESC. See if anything has changed.

In parallel, contact Horizon for warranty. This shouldn't happen.

Hi and thanks for reply :)

ESC made green flashes continuously, half a second long flashes and it didnt stop.

I tried to boot while motor wires were disconnected but it didnt make any difference.

Anyway i took the car in the local shop i bought it from. They have maintenace service on the spot. So they will inform me in few days what is up.

One more thing that we notice with guy on the counter there that i didnt notice at home is that when you boot up the ESC it shoots really strong pulse back on the batterywires. Which definitely suggest that the ESC has shorted out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back