Kraton Firma 150A ESC warranty question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Mojave EXB
Has anyone thats ever had to get a warranty replacement for their Firma ESC ever had to cut all the power and motor wires down to the case as proof that you destroyed the ESC? I mean not that I care to destroy an already broken ESC but its just puzzling because another guy I know that has a Felony had his warranty replaced about 5 or 6 months ago and he didnt have to do that at all. Just curious cuz it lowkey makes me feel like theres some reason they don't trust me that its doing what I told them its doing, which is basically nothing except blinking green twice every few seconds. Tried to troubleshoot it with them over the phone but they ended up telling me just to send them my receipt and a picture of the ESC for a replacement. I gave it to them and then a few days later they emailed me back saying that I had to cut all the wires down to the case and send them that pic now. If thats their normal operating proceedure then ok I get it but, if it is, why didnt they tell me to cut all the wires off in the first place?

What was other peoples experience with having a Firma ESC warranty replaced?

Probably due to an abundance of good ones being sold despite the claim that they were bad. Seems like a precaution on the Vendor side.
The majority of 'bad ESC' was cured by switching the steering servo that caused the ESC to bog under the load. ESC was fine all along. Symptoms were different from yours, though.

Pure guess on my part, but follow the instructions and wait for the replacement.

Has anyone thats ever had to get a warranty replacement for their Firma ESC ever had to cut all the power and motor wires down to the case as proof that you destroyed the ESC? I mean not that I care to destroy an already broken ESC but its just puzzling because another guy I know that has a Felony had his warranty replaced about 5 or 6 months ago and he didnt have to do that at all. Just curious cuz it lowkey makes me feel like theres some reason they don't trust me that its doing what I told them its doing, which is basically nothing except blinking green twice every few seconds. Tried to troubleshoot it with them over the phone but they ended up telling me just to send them my receipt and a picture of the ESC for a replacement. I gave it to them and then a few days later they emailed me back saying that I had to cut all the wires down to the case and send them that pic now. If thats their normal operating proceedure then ok I get it but, if it is, why didnt they tell me to cut all the wires off in the first place?

Weird. This guy had his warranty denied because he changed his esc connector. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/a-warning-to-everyone.40204/

Probably due to an abundance of good ones being sold despite the claim that they were bad. Seems like a precaution on the Vendor side.
The majority of 'bad ESC' was cured by switching the steering servo that caused the ESC to bog under the load. ESC was fine all along. Symptoms were different from yours, though.

Pure guess on my part, but follow the instructions and wait for the replacement.
Yeah, I mean I already cut it all up and emailed them the pic back. Like I said its a bad ESC so its not like Im trying to get anything over on them just seemed weird to me that my dude wasnt instructed to cut his old one up a few months back and I was, so it kinda made me feel like there was some reason they didnt believe me or something. 🤷‍♂️
Weird. This guy had his warranty denied because he changed his esc connector. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/a-warning-to-everyone.40204/
Mine still had the original conenctors on it, it was 100% stock. That does seem pretty crappy that they would do that though knowing that people are going to want to put the connector of their own choosing on their electronics :mad:

Last edited:
It's pretty common with electronics. Most of my wired earbuds I've ever had to warranty requested that I cut them up and send them a pic of them in a special printed page. Keeps people from trying to get free stuff or warranty things they don't have. It might also depend on the process. If you had a problem they were aware of they might not need destruction, but maybe if it's something they've never heard of they might ask destruction. Might also depend on the rep you talk to. Lots of ifs.

TL;DR I've had companies request proof of destruction by cutting wires before.

yeah, I was thinking that myself..... if he did cut the wires, would they say you voided the warranty because you cut the wires? Weird.....

Good advice
It's pretty common with electronics. Most of my wired earbuds I've ever had to warranty requested that I cut them up and send them a pic of them in a special printed page. Keeps people from trying to get free stuff or warranty things they don't have. It might also depend on the process. If you had a problem they were aware of they might not need destruction, but maybe if it's something they've never heard of they might ask destruction. Might also depend on the rep you talk to. Lots of ifs.

TL;DR I've had companies request proof of destruction by cutting wires before.
Thats strange, but then the world is strange...... "Destroy it more to get the warranty......"
i don't know shrug GIF by Spear Education

Last edited:
Yeah, I mean I already cut it all up and emailed them the pic back. Like I said its a bad ESC so its not like Im trying to get anything over on them just seemed weird to me that my dude wasnt instructed to cut his old one up a few months back and I was so it kinda made me feel like there was some reason they didnt believe me or something. 🤷‍♂️
About exactly a year ago a buddy of mine had two MMX8s with leaky capacitors. So in order to avoid having him send them back to castle. They instructed him to smash them with a hammer and send them pics before they would send out the replacements. 🤷‍♂️

About exactly a year ago a buddy of mine had two MMX8s with leaky capacitors. So in order to avoid having him send them back to castle. They instructed him to smash them with a hammer and send them pics before they would send out the replacements. 🤷‍♂️
I swear I've hear another company doing this.

I don’t think it’s standard practice from them. I didn’t have to do that on one I recently got warrantied, but it did have a wire almost completely pulled from the cap pack so maybe they thought that was destroyed enough??? I will say It was abnormally difficult to get them to admit it wasn’t working properly though. Funny thing is I realized after the fact they never asked and I never gave proof of purchase on it either. I sent photos of the actual esc, box, barcode, & model# but no receipt. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Well, at least now I don't have to worry about unknowingly buying it on eBay... Not that you specifically would do something like that, but people are bastards.

Well, at least now I don't have to worry about unknowingly buying it on eBay... Not that you specifically would do something like that, but people are bastards.
It makes sense it was just the fact that my buddy didnt have to with his and I did so at first I was just kinda feeling a bit defensive about it like they didnt believe me or something. Only reason I knew my buddy didnt have to do his is cuz we took turns seeing how far we could smack it down the road using a hockey stick :ROFLMAO:

correction, i took picks of a remote reciever not working for warranty,but the esc i sent in, and they determained is was bad and sent me a new one....

Last edited:
On my warranty all I did was send a couple pictures of me holding the throttle down on the controller and showing them nothing happened on the ESC in a picture, I sent them a couple more pictures and that was it a couple days later new ESC at the door.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back