Firma 150a ESC's switch is NOT waterproof!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bread1267

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have had TWO Firma 150a ESC's so far and they have both had problems with switch to turn it on and off. I took apart my first esc's button and noticed that it was corroded so I am guessing that is the problem. At this point I cant even turn on my Kraton anymore and I am unsure what to do with this problem because it will just keep happening as soon as water touches it. I have never fully submerged my Kraton before either. Has anyone else had this problem before?

Pictures?
Lost the lid of fmine and the switches are embedded in epoxy. Nothing that could rust in there. the switches themselves are rubber sealed but I bet they are not waterproof. You must have placed the hose on your your switch or used a pressure washer, how else would water get in?

Pictures?
Lost the lid of fmine and the switches are embedded in epoxy. Nothing that could rust in there. the switches themselves are rubber sealed but I bet they are not waterproof. You must have placed the hose on your your switch or used a pressure washer, how else would water get in?
I lightly sprayed my car off with the hose on a sprinkle setting. I thought waterproof meant waterproof

Keep any water far away from your RC, you will learn over time that waterproof has a specific meaning.
Mainly it will kill any bearings incl. motor bearings. Screws rust in no time and ESC's are resistant to sprinkles, hose it down and you are damaging something, guaranteed. A 'sprinkle' does not get into this switch unless there is already a crack forming.

Pictures?
I have lost the lid off my on/off program button. Are you able to buy replacements?

Not to my knowledge, and I've looked.
I just used clear heat shrink and wrapped it up.
The switch itself seems waterproof.
Yea i have done similar. Heat shrink over the button and still able to use on/off and select. Daft if you can't buy a replacement if it ever got damaged severely and have to buy a new ESC for sake of a button.
Cheers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back