Firma 150A on 7s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6s max on the Firma 150a, you would need the Firma 160a, turn off LVC and run an external lipo alarm to run 7s.

6s max on the Firma 150a, you would need the Firma 160a, turn off LVC and run an external lipo alarm to run 7s.
Or better. A castle mmx8s. Automatic detection of 7s. No need to turn off LVC or do anything.

You can use telemetry with low voltage alarm on the radio as a nice option to a lipo alarm. Like for example radiolink rc6gs. The new v3 now remembers the adjustable voltage alarm setting for each model.
v2 used the same setting for all models. The previous receiver did not support more than 6s either. However, an easy workaround would be to only have the voltage sensor to one of the two battery connectors. If you always use the 3s battery on that one (assuming use of two batteries) then no changes would have to be made. That is what I do/did. Mainly because my 4s battery had more mah.

Last edited:
Or better. A castle mmx8s. Automatic detection of 7s. No need to turn off LVC or do anything.

You can use telemetry with low voltage alarm on the radio as a nice option to a lipo alarm. Like for example radiolink rc6gs. The new v3 now remembers the adjustable voltage alarm setting for each model.
v2 used the same setting for all models. The previous receiver did not support more than 6s either. However, an easy workaround would be to only have the voltage sensor to one of the two battery connectors. If you always use the 3s battery on that one (assuming use of two batteries) then no changes would have to be made. That is what I do/did. Mainly because my 4s battery had more mah.

Guessing you're talking about first generation radiolink stuff. I run a rc4gs v2 with the r6fg reciever and had no issues with my 160/1250 setup on 8s.

I don't intend on trying it as i don't have matching 3s and 4s mah packs anyway was just curious if it was possible in my quest of maxing out the 150/2050 setup for 132ft.

Guessing you're talking about first generation radiolink stuff. I run a rc4gs v2 with the r6fg reciever and had no issues with my 160/1250 setup on 8s.

I don't intend on trying it as i don't have matching 3s and 4s mah packs anyway was just curious if it was possible in my quest of maxing out the 150/2050 setup for 132ft.
No. Im talking about the "Voltage telemetry cable". The R7FG receiver have the capability to read voltage directly from the battery if its connected like in the picture below (or have the two wires soldered directly to your ESC battery connector like I do). It will send a live voltage reading to the radio and you can see it on the display. Low voltage alarm can be set on the radio.
81MG0uySZWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

RC6GS V2 came with a R7FG V 1.2 or V1.3 receiver (if you wanted telemetry). Max voltage on the telemetry was officially said to be 6s when released.
RC6GS V3 come with a R7FG V1.4 receiver. Max telemetry voltage reading on that system is upgraded to 8S (33,6v).

All of the radiosystems can be used with say 2-12S no problem as long as the receiver gets the correct voltage. All normal ESCs will only supply somewhere between 5,5-8,4v directly to the receiver depending on the BEC (setting). For the Firma 150A ESC that is 6v or 7,4v depending on the setting. For the Firma 160A ESC it is 6v/8,4v depending on the setting. The R7FG and your R6FG can work on everything from 3-12v.

51QoGKy29DL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I don't have matching 3S and 4S batteries either when running 7S. I don`t need too, as long as the battery with the lowest mAh is monitored and have an alarm you are good. (Assuming ESC and motor can handle 7S or higher).

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back