Infraction Firma 160 on 2050kv?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Vorteks
Hey guys. Been a while since I've posted! Anywho... my daughter has been sick, so my Infraction build has been coming along rather slowly.

My super duper awesome girlfriend bought me a Firma 160(she loves tf outta me) but I need more experienced people to chime in on the motor possibilities.

My primary focus is general bashing/drifting. I am not going for an all out speed build. Otherwise I would have gotten the XLX2. I would, however, like to get the car to 100mph or close to it. Honestly, anything that beats the 6s system. I will be running 6s batteries for a bit until I have the excessive funds to dump on some 8s batteries.

So the question is: Firma 2050kv or 1250kv to pair with the 160? If there's a different motor that'd be better than these 2, feel free to let me know. I am running PowerHobby twin turbo fans for the motor and a fat ass GForce esc fan (38k rpm) so I'm not super worried about heat. I planned ahead.

LoL, I’m in almost the same situation, I’m looking for a motor to use in a limitless, with a max6 or a max8 I already have both, I have a hobbywing 1650kv 4985 I might try but not sure if it can handle 8s in the future. I’m looking at the hobby star 4092 in either 1730kv, 1480kv, or 1300kv.

LoL, I’m in almost the same situation, I’m looking for a motor to use in a limitless, with a max6 or a max8 I already have both, I have a hobbywing 1650kv 4985 I might try but not sure if it can handle 8s in the future. I’m looking at the hobby star 4092 in either 1730kv, 1480kv, or 1300kv.
The 1250 will perform better under pressure and not heat up as much as the 2050. But the 2050 has more top end potential. I'm just not sure if the 1250 on 8s and the speed Infraction gearing would be as fast or faster as the stock 6s setup on the same gearing.

That's why I got big ass fans to accomodate it. Having them on my 6s system is overkill. And I'm not going to be doing full speed pulls. Just want to be able to do it at my convenience. So I'm not worried about getting super hot.

I just bought 6.5mm bullets off Amazon, and I use 8 or 10 gauge wire.
If you can, you should definitely search on YouTube for. “Wiring RC motor leads” or something on soldering they have tons of info vids

I just bought 6.5mm bullets off Amazon, and I use 8 or 10 gauge wire.
If you can, you should definitely search on YouTube for. “Wiring RC motor leads” or something on soldering they have tons of info vids
I have tried that, but was looking into soldering directly onto the motor as opposed to cutting the wires and then soldering thicker wire to already existing wire.

The thickness of the motors leads is based on the wires used in the winding of the motor, so that wouldn’t make a difference the engineers put the proper wire thickness needed for the motor already, so all you need to do is usually just change the bullets to fit the esc

So would I be better off using the 2050 with the 160 ESC with the same gearing?
Having the 2050 already as the stocker. Run that on 6s. Then on 8s, decide from there. I feel the the 160 ESC will have enough amp overhead on 6s and run cooler. More gear options will result. The above assumes you are Speed Running your Infr. Not drift/bashing it. My thoughts. You need to gear up running lower kv's in general. Volt down gear up and vice versa. The general rule with BLX setups.

Drag guys are running small packs with some 160 ESC's that provide great amp overhead. They gear 3.5 turn BLX motors to the sky. Of course Drag is way differnt altogether. But the rule still applies.

Last edited:
Having the 2050 already as the stocker. Run that on 6s. Then on 8s, decide from there. I feel the the 160 ESC will have enough amp overhead on 6s and run cooler. More gear options will result. The above assumes you are Speed Running your Infr. Not drift/bashing it. My thoughts. You need to gear up running lower kv's in general. Volt down gear up and vice versa. The general rule with BLX setups.

Drag guys are running small packs with some 160 ESC's that provide great amp overhead. They gear 3.5 turn BLX motors to the sky. Of course Drag is way differnt altogether. But the rule still applies
I'm just trying to bash and keep things nice and cool so I can keep going without the need of cool down periods. I would also like to get some good top speed, but nothing insane. And it's not something I'd do all the time. It would mostly be for a quick giggle or to show off once in a while. But mostly hooning.

Ditto on the 6S and stock 2050 for general bashing. You can also run it close to 100mph on 8S but only a one and done type speed run (like they all are).
I have that setup in my Infraction (160 and 2050kV) and it's tons of fun.

Ditto on the 6S and stock 2050 for general bashing. You can also run it close to 100mph on 8S but only a one and done type speed run (like they all are).
I have that setup in my Infraction (160 and 2050kV) and it's tons of fun.
Bruh, can you please show me your motor so I can better understand how to wire it to the 160? I'm no newbie when it comes to solder, but I am when it comes to rc motors and want to make sure I buy the right wire and connectors and solder it the right way!

Good question, the stock bullets on the 2050 will melt off with the Firma160. Forgot about that little detail.

I soldered 6.5 mm male on the motor and build a cable between motor and ESC again with 6.5 male/female. Simple 10 or 8AWG wire with the connections soldered on.

The 1250 would be plug in.

6.5mm, pick from anywhere, example only
https://smile.amazon.com/Banana-Bul...=6.5mm+bullet+connector&qid=1629774561&sr=8-3

Good question, the stock bullets on the 2050 will melt off with the Firma160. Forgot about that little detail.

I soldered 6.5 mm male on the motor and build a cable between motor and ESC again with 6.5 male/female. Simple 10 or 8AWG wire with the connections soldered on.

The 1250 would be plug in.

6.5mm, pick from anywhere, example only
https://smile.amazon.com/Banana-Bul...=6.5mm+bullet+connector&qid=1629774561&sr=8-3
So basically all I need to do is cut off the stock bullets on the motor, solder male ends on and then build a new wire that links between the motor and ESC? Sounds simple enough.

Or just make an adapter from the size bullets on your motor now (4mm) to the male bullets to go into the esc (6.5mm?) like the post from “Thebadazz”
5298D0B2-998F-4307-B8CF-56A2431BD048.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back