Firma esc 150 amp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notscott

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 3s
Hi everyone I am having a issue with my esc. When I power up the esc it will go through its normal startup sequence chimes and all. Once I give it any throttle input the esc will start the sequence over again. Any ideas? thanks

Has happened to me multiple times and heard the same stories from many others. I had to get it replaced by Horizon. I'd give their tech support line a call and if they can't walk you through how to fix it they should send you a replacement.

Happened to me too turns out there was a faulty wire coming out of the fan that was making it do that. Use the chat feature on HH web page they should help you.

Probably dead, there absolutely garbage.

Disconnect your steering servo and try again.
If that didn't help check the ESC wire for damage but my bet is on the bad servo.

Send me all your garbage, these are pretty rock solid. They are hobbywing rebrands i.e. if you think they suck your only option would be Castle.

When I power up the esc and it goes through the startup as long as I don’t touch the throttle my steering works fine. I will definitely try it and see what happens thanks.

I have had this exact issue with 7 ESC`s. All replaced by HH.

Over last 6 month numerous issues were reported and they were all caused by the servo drawing too much current and bogging down the BEC which will make the receiver do weird stuff.
Always a chance there is a bad ESC, this is easy to verify and isolate.

I contacted HH tech support and he told me the same thing if it’s the servo or esc they will replace it as it’s under warranty.

It was worth a try. You did disconnect the servo to try?
Also, check your wire between ESC and receiver. Some reported incorrect routing leading to damage and subsequent shorts etc.

Only trying to get you on the road earlier. Not a guarantee those are the issues. it will solve the issue.

Hi everyone I am having a issue with my esc. When I power up the esc it will go through its normal startup sequence chimes and all. Once I give it any throttle input the esc will start the sequence over again. Any ideas? thanks
Same is happening to me

Had the same issue. HH replaced the ESC immediately. New one works perfectly and I already have more packs through it than the OEM unit.

Down side of the ESC issue is HH used to have me send a video of the issue and 3 days later I would have another. After the 3rd or 4th ( 2 diff cars inf/fel) they now email a label I must box print and go to FedEx. Send it off to them , wait 3 days to receive. Wait 5 to 7 business to look at it and confirm it is fu#@ed up. 3 to 5 days to get another. Last time I asked the send 160 Amp or send 2. They declined too. Their money and customer dissatisfaction I mentioned. Last vehicle purchase was a Losi ( 1st time) and held on on the vorteks partly due to this. My blx systems far less trouble then Spektrum.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back